Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Welcome Jim! The two lifestyles still fit together. I just rode with my HOG Chapter yesterday to Lockhard for BBQ. You just eat a little differently and a lot less...lol It was a great ride. We had our charter club member picture this morning. I can't wait to get mine to hang on the wall.

Hope to see you around! The band's been the best thing I've done besides the Harley. I have found that it's easier riding with the weight I've lost so far so I'm only looking forward to it getting to be more and more fun!

:peace:

The medical director of my program mentioned that the surgeon will probably not want me riding my bike for quite awhile. What have other people done or been told? Thanks!

Hi Melinda..sorry I don't have an answer in that area but you surgeon surely will so listen to what he says.

The rain returned to Texas again but it appears to just be a quick visit and then back to the sun. We're riding over to College Station this weekend for my Babee's 5000 checkup. Got to have her ready for the next big trip which should be Sturgis!

I hope everyone's doing well and enjoying the summer so far!

Hi, I ride my own also. I have a 2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe. Love my bike!! I've just started my journey to be banded. I have no date as of yet. Probably not for 6 months or so. Which could be a good thing cuz that means it will be winter. I live in Massachusetts and Hubby and I ride all over. I love the long trips! Hope they don't stop after banding but I don't see why they would.

Welcome Babs,

I took my longest ride post banding. Put over 1300 miles on the bike and wasn't bothered at all by the diet. Just make sure you stay hydrated! Have patience on your journey. It's the toughest part!

Hi Guys... Banded yesterday- 6/22. Dr is aware I have a 3,500mi trip planned on the bike in just under 4 weeks.

Wish me luck! The wife and I are planning to ride from our home in AZ to Monterey, CA and Laguna Seca for the US MotoGP weekend, then spend another week looping back through Wyoming and Colorado....

So far, post surgery, I feel pretty good. I hope to spend part of Monday at least back at the office...

weight.png

wH2L59T

Hey all you BIKERS !!! Cool to talk to you all. WARNING THOUGH !!! Riding

is what helped me pack on 20 lbs I did not need before my band. Because all we do is ride to Breakfast , ride to lunch , ride to dinner. SO I'm so glad me & Beau will be shariing now !!! We ride to Kemah alot.

I ride to work also , but if you live in Houston you know how much RAIN we have been getting .And I have to look presentable @ work and the helmet hair doesn't look all that great. My co-workes laugh at me though I keep a hair dryer & all the necessities to freshen up , but that takes time !!! And having to be here at 7:15 just don't always have the spirit

in me. So I've turned into a WEEKENDER !!! But yes the riding course at any of our colleges are excellent and alot cheaper than delaers !!! Ride safe . And I'm very short a whopping 5'0 . But I ride a Heritage Classic and love how it handles. I had the 1200S and it tends to be top heavy,I lowered is about 1" I was tippie toed alot ,but made it through 1 year with that one. Keep in touch . I love to ride !!!!! Don't go to Rallies much except for our Lone Star , but riding the HILL COUNTRY is AWESOME !!!

LOL TO ALL !!! Sandra found a new love !!

Wow !!!!! be safe , I was banded 5/25 and haven't really felt like it. Cannot wear anything tight around the waist for one . Good luck

to ya'll .That's going to be a nice ride. Sandra

Hey Allen! Congrats on the banding and I'm happy to hear you're feeling good! I'm sure you'll do fine on the trip. You'll be back to solids by then. Just make sure and concentrate on getting your Protein first. Take along your Vitamins cuz you'll need those every day without fail. And drink, drink, drink. I'm primarily a Water drinker but I found that a gatorade every now and then really helps me rehydrate.

Sandra! Welcome! Several of us are here in Texas. We're talking about a meet up at ROT next year..lol Since we'll all be banded a year by then and looking fabulous ;) I just got back from a ride to College Station. Othen than a little rain it was a great trip. We wandered back all over the place to get back to San Antonio. I will probably upgrade next year. I love my 1200 low cuz of the way it handles. I did get to test drive a Dyna this weekend and man was that fun. I think my ticket count might escalate...lol But that's next year's goal.

Hope everyone had a fabulouse weekend! :peace:

So cool to find this thread! Please add me to your list of HD lovers! My DH and I ride a 2001 HD Fat Boy, loaded down with chrome (you know HD are chrome magnets)!

We are in Texas also, and the rain lately has put a big damper on our riding. We even rode thru a few showers last night. My DH had a bad, freaky wreck last August. The bike went end for end twice (at 25MPH!), but it faired better than he did...pretty much busted up his whole left side. Thank God for helmets, he was knocked out before he went down...head and shoulder first. He healed, and the bike went to the shop for its cosmetic touch ups, new paint job (while it was there and they took the front end down) and some new bling. The fun part is, I was banded in January, and he has been a sympathetic loser with me...so all together our bike is much happier with 85+lbs less on it! The ride is different, to be sure. Much smoother, and my gut isn't pressed smooshed wedged up against his back (unless I choose it to be! ;) )

We should post pics of our rides, don't you think? I love seeing all the bikes summer brings out. We're thinking about getting me another bike, or I'll take the Fat Boy and DH will get a Heritage...

His standing joke when we bought this bike was kinda cute...we looked at many Fat Boys, including white ones. He tells everyone that he didn't want everyone saying, "there goes a fat white boy on a white fat boy!"

Please everyone, say this prayer we say before riding:

Bless this bike,

Bless these riders,

Keep us upright,

And not on our siders.

Anyone going to Galveston this fall?

Cindi, I like the prayer! We (DW and I) haven't been riding much lately. Between her surgery and the friggin' rain, it just ain't happenin'. We ride a '98 HD RoadKing Classic with the tour pack. We made it down to ROT and met Carol and her friend, Leroy. Since then we've been parked, mostly.

Hey Cindi!

Wow..no kidding about freaky accident. Glad your DH is okay. I'm sick of the rain as well. We got caught on Friday night in a major downpour in College Station. Couldn't see a thing. Our new 'spot' in town is the Exxon at University and Texas. We'll always go by now and say "remember when we spent 40 minutes there waiting out the rain?" lol

I'm kind of starting to think about Galveston. I know some people from our chapter are going. I just found some going to Sturgis that I can tag-a-long with so I'm really excited about that! :whoo: Love the prayer too. I'll share it with my friends.

If someone will share info on how to post pictures that would be great. I'm challenged at times and haven't figured out how to do it.

Randy, long time no hear. Tell Ms. Joy 'Hi' for me. I hope she's doing okay. I think we're planning on getting a trailer for next year's ROT. If we do I'll post our location on this page so people can stop by and we can have a lap band meet and greet...lol

How long after being banded were you able to get back on and ride? I just found out my insurance requires a year of supervised dieting, not 6 months like I was told. A year from now puts me in the height of riding season here in Massachusetts!

Carol, I've been busy getting Joy back and forth from the hospital. She did her surgery on Friday morning and we came home on Saturday. She didn't react ANYTHING like either of us thought she would (thank you, God). I like the trailer idea, we could probably have a great time watching all those people go back and forth....LOL Let me know when and which way you are going to Sturgis. I've got the time off, but I haven't convinced myself to go, yet.

Hey Randy ! I found I have the same problem !!! I hope some day to own

a Electra Glide Standard ( will help with my cold hands in the winter to) of course will have to pay the big bucks to have lowered. But there is nothing finer than having the wind blowing in your face listening to Bob Seger , THE FIRE DOWN BELOW !!! eewww lala !! All ya'll are great

reading and talking to. Went for my first fill today .STARVATION time . Really sucks made the beau spaghetti red ( he calls it) and I get to watch him eat it. Just ain't right. That's ok though . He'll return the favor LATER ! lol sandra .do any of you go on Harley Davidson Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Harley Davidson Motorcycles

neat website for Harley people or motorcylce misc info in general. I am BikerChicHTown . Check it out !