Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

- How did you find out about your stomach closing? I couldn't keep food down $ was always vomiting none stop after 1 month.

How horrific! Yes it was :( I'm still regretting it' date=' but I'm not anywhere near as bad off as you were.[/quote']

Well we have even more in common !! I live in Mount Clemens' date=' Michigan ! ! My daughter told me they call Fort Polk the armpit of the army !! She was in culture shock down there too ![/quote']

Oh wow. I am from a tiny town called Stanton about 45mins NE of Grand Rapids but spent many years in Muskegon before going to new York now here.

I hear you all. There are, and have been, plenty of time I wish I had never had the surgery. I LOVED the entire experience of eating. It is all psychological. This continues to weigh on my thoughts, and I feel regret at times. BUT, knowing this about myself, and how easy it would be to cheat by over eating, I now know that I NEED this tool, this procedure, to put the brakes on and force change. After having the surgery, I have taken charge by taking choice out if the equation, the choice to be wreckless with my eating habits. I HAVE to slow down and make myself aware if everything I put in me. The fear of nausea & vomiting is a great eating inhibitor, and the weight loss is a wonderful benefit. And the time it has taken me to heal and adapt to my be stomach has allowed me to slowly change the way I view my wants and needs where food and nutrition is concerned. One of these days I will actually attend a support group and see if that helps. I'm lucky to have the support of family, friends, and this group, to get thru the inconvenient times. Hang in there... This is truly life changing...

Ray, Yes when are we going to attend one of the support groups?? I get home like at 615 so I think I would always be late so I never make myself go. I thought you had attended already. If you ever want to attempt to go, let me know.

I totally agree with what the others have said. I also went through a doubtful period when I wondered if I made a mistake. I had a hard time eating and I always felt hungry which most people don't feel. I wrote down a ton of questions and brought it with me to my post op appointments. Getting answers helped a lot. Came to find out that because I was not eating much, my body was holding tight to ever pound it could. Add time went on and I could eat more, the weight started coming off easier and feel amazing. Sending you good vibes and a big hug! You are doing great!

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

I had the same thing happen to me after a few months, I started eating more and the pounds started coming of faster then when I was eat a 1/4cup of food. The first month(the worst month) was about the same 20-30pds and it feels like your suppose to be losing more, but you doing just fine, keep it up and before you know it you will have lost 100pds of more :)

Hello.my name is latoya im 25years old.i had surgery 8/13/12.tomorrow ill b 3wks post out and ive lost 20lbs.my starting weight was 348 now im 328.i just feel im not doing so good its quite depressing.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and just take a moment to think about what you're feeling. You're losing SEVEN pounds a WEEK and feeling depressed because you're not doing well? Ask yourself what loss would have made you feel great and on top of the world? Eight pounds a week? Fifteen pounds a week? Fifty maybe? Are those realistic expectations? You're doing fabulous! Celebrate your success!! You ain't seen nothing yet!!

also im barely eating because i really dont knk what to eat i mean i have the basics but realistically i don't want it.

At three weeks out you "realistically don't want it" because you very likely have no appetite. Absolutely perfectly normal. It will pass. But it won't happen overnight. You're body is going through a lot of healing and a lot of changes. Give your body a chance to find its own way, and in its own time. Trust the process. You are going to be amazed at the transformation that is coming.

can someone help me with food ideas or any advice or what to do.i just feel im failing all around. :(

I'm guessing that you're on pureed or possibly soft foods at three weeks out. Do a search on the forum for either of those and you'll find lots of suggestions. Do everything you can to get ALL of the Protein that your surgeon has recommended - usually 60g per day or more. Protein is critically important for healing, it is used extensively for repairing and regenerating damaged tissue, it helps minimize muscle loss, is key in fighting off bacterial and viral infections, and will help reduce hair loss to a minimum. Drink as much Water as you possibly can and then drink a little more. Dehydration can land you back in the hospital. You can flavor it with Crystal Light, Mio and a number of other things (again search the forum for other ideas).

As you can see from other responses, what you are feeling is very common. Just about every single one of us has been there. Again, you're doing GREAT!! Stay focused on following the protocol as close to the letter as you possibly can. Stay active - walk!! Stay away from the scales for a week and longer if you can stand it. Have a little patience. Patience is not only a virtue, it's a necessity. You're gonna love the new you!!

Oh wow. I am from a tiny town called Stanton about 45mins NE of Grand Rapids but spent many years in Muskegon before going to new York now here.

I was born in garden city mi, and raised in Fraser mi but I moved to vA when I was 19 and been here ever since

Sent from my SAMSUNG-NOTE using RNYTalk

DLCoggin you are fantastic! Your words encouraged me as well! Thanks!

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know I'm definately feeling down today since he just left. So you said you can't eat what you used to, how do you eat now? Regular food but no sugar? Do you really watch the fat too? How long was it until you could lay on your side? That's a big thing to me. I can't sleep through the night yet and laying on my back gives me anxiety. I still keep feeling constant gurgling in my stomach system, not hunger, just things moving around.

I am 3 weeks out today. I think I may be the exception when it comes to food because I am able to keep most things down. Try to keep your chin up. My nutrionist said keep everything you put in your body below 10g of fat and 10g of sugar. No fried foods, stay away from white carbs, stuff like that. I haven't attempted any breads except for Missions low carb tortilla to make a pizza they have on this website. I am able to sleep on my stomach again. It took about 2 weeks to be able to do that, and I am a little sore when I wake up. You won't feel hungry for a while. Don't eat until you feel full because then you eating too much. Just eat until you feel satisfied. And great job with the walking!

I has surgery on 8/23 on the following Tuesday I was in the ER with terrible nausea turns out it was reflux because my stomach was so pissed off Docs words

I was regretting my surgery that morning and one hot mess but with Nexium I am a new woman

My Dr is different compared to others in the forum

She told me to track liquids and eat Protein if I get hungry

She told me if I am not hungry don't eat

She flat out told me no shakes and only a bar if I am craving a sweet

So far Beans cheese ground beef and milk are sitting well

I do have mild bits of nausea but my Doc gave me some Zofran and that saps it right away

Does anyone else have a plan post op like this???

I has surgery on 8/23 on the following Tuesday I was in the ER with terrible nausea turns out it was reflux because my stomach was so pissed off Docs words

I was regretting my surgery that morning and one hot mess but with Nexium I am a new woman

My Dr is different compared to others in the forum

She told me to track liquids and eat Protein if I get hungry

She told me if I am not hungry don't eat

She flat out told me no shakes and only a bar if I am craving a sweet

So far Beans cheese ground beef and milk are sitting well

I do have mild bits of nausea but my Doc gave me some Zofran and that saps it right away

Does anyone else have a plan post op like this???

Wow, you're already on soft food?! Here I am stressing that my Tomato Soup is too thick lol. Can't say my plan is very similar. My surgery was 8/30