Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Make Sure You Vote

We should be really careful about making general statement about any groups of people... No one race or person can be lumped into a group because there are hard working Americans from every race. .. I'm not sure about this free stuff? I don't think anyone would choose to be broke if they had equal opportunities as everyone else.

I think no one will agree on politics, but i think it's important to stay respectful. Normally, we only speak of what we know and grew up around, but the world is just a much bigger place than that with bigger problems. And we would all do anything for our family.

This is getting to deep. It all started with Get Out And Vote let's leave it at that and all get back to what we all know RNY that's something we all know a little about and agree on.

Can't We All Just Get Along.

No matter where you are from or the color of your skin we all bleed red. I try not to hate anyone I work hard for what I got and want to keep it. The people who pry on the system no matter where they are from will never have anything and will always live day to day. You see it now just look around.

Umm what makes you think all mexicans are illegal ??? I was born in the states thank you very much. I'm not only mexican but puerto rican and german too! I work damn hard and I have a husband in the millitary it makes me so mad when people just assume illegal immigrants are automatically from Mexico.

You shouldn't take it personal. I did state it wasn't to offend so why are you getting offended?

I have to get mad!! Why? I go apply for food stamps can't get it cuz my husband makes too much money even though I have tons if bills but the Mexican lady with 6 kids right next to me gets over $1,000 since her hubby works 12 hours but not on the books and they aren't married. Of course I'm gonna say something. When people say Dominican eat plantain I don't get mad even though we all don't especially daily,but if another race is mention people jump the gun. Chill out! We have the right to our opinion.

I hear what your saying an I totally agree with you when it comes to that all I'm saying is that you shouldn't have put everyone into one category. Because were not all like that you know and when you say "mexicans" it means all you should have said it in a different way. Don't get me wronge it pisses me off when I find out someones here illlegal but its not just "mexicans" its all races. I think that they should come here the right way and earn their citizenship. I'm not trying to be rude in anyway or trying to start a argument I'm just thowing my opinion out there.

I hear what your saying an I totally agree with you when it comes to that all I'm saying is that you shouldn't have put everyone into one category. Because were not all like that you know and when you say "mexicans" it means all you should have said it in a different way. Don't get me wronge it pisses me off when I find out someones here illlegal but its not just "mexicans" its all races. I think that they should come here the right way and earn their citizenship. I'm not trying to be rude in anyway or trying to start a argument I'm just thowing my opinion out there.

No problem. We all have some saying but thus happen to me I said the race,but it's all kinds of people. I been threw it all. My own people get everything while I get nothing. I guess luck plays a part.

This threat really got my blood pumping, first I'm a US citizen but also have Mexican heritage I don't get food stamps but what gets me is when I go to a store and the people in front of me ( not Hispanic most ot the time!!!) They have their hair done, nails, gold every were, and a brand new SUV and they end up paying with food stamps and when they are told that they need to take a drug test they complain. We need a drug test in order to get a job and not food stamps!! In my case I have make sure I manage my money because I don't get anything for free. Sorry but I had to vent

Well Im Black i dnt get any i work for Walmart who barely pays anything And I dnt get foodstamps.And im a cashier n please believe me when foodstamps has no skin color everybody gets them even the ones with a Black american express !

All I wanted was for people to vote

Not to disrespect any race

I want to say that our vote is being silenced, all minorities

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Everybody in America is an immigrant except Native Americans' date=' some by choice, some by force

But we're here now and need to be heard

God bless us all

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

I agree with all my heart. I have this to say for all the comfy people who hate immigrants, legal or otherwise. I am a product of my mother, who would not be here if her mother didn't come here illegally. She never asked for a handout. She was Mexican. My mother was born here, and lost her father after he was killed on his way home from work by a white drunk driver. With the money she was left, my grandmother bought a house and opened it to local workers as a boarding house. She and my mother worked very hard walking to do laundry for all these rooms. Never still, asking for a single free thing. My grandmother struggled working long hard hours to send my mother to a private school. When my mother was eleven, she came home to find her mother had a stroke. She later passed. This story runs through many families like mine. Not people asking for handouts, scared to, because of fear of being sent back! And you don't know what back is!! I've been there, lived there with my family for a year. I have seen poverty you have only seen from your tv set while warm and full. Nobody asks to be born into poverty. There, you are born into wealth or poverty. We are so used to the fact that here, we have a chance to rise. This is not the norm in third world places. There is NO chance of that. Now I may never see my family, my uncle passed, and we could not say goodbye. Imagine being trapped in your home because you have money and a biz, and some gang pos is waiting for you to come out! If your family lost what little you had and there was no way to get food. No food bank, no Soup kitchen. You tell me, would you stand around while your children die in your arms because they are starving or sick? No ER if you don't have cash up front there. I'm so sick of people saying them, them. Aren't we all people on one planet? There is not one goup of people I would not feed if they were starving. We are a country that has the luxury of becoming fat when people in others just want to stay alive. If we are thirsty, even the homeless can get a free drink of Water from next to any place. Try that in Mexico!!! It won't happen!! No fountains, the Water is poison. Best to dehydrate then die from untreated water. I will never bitch about immigrants as long as I live in a country that walked in and murdered and stole the land from it's rightful owners. I understand there is abuse of said systems, but don't dare blame an entire race for it!! How the hell do you think the hollocaust began?? Stop holding onto things and worrying about how much is left. Because there is no price on people, ever! If you were stuck on the side of an empty road in winter, and a less than legal mexican stopped to give you a warm ride, and nine out of ten times they will because they know what struggle feels like.. Tell me you would not take the ride!! It's time to get over this bull once and for all. We are people, not one better than the next. Stop blaming. " let he who is without sin cast the first stone." remember it and live by it. And I don't apologize if this ruffles some feathers, because it is meant to. If it does yours, then it's time to look at how you feel about people as a whole.

Not all "Mexicans" get all the freebies...my boyfriend is from Venezuela but has lived in the states for years. He's been in a battle for citizenship for a long time.he's 23 and works harder then anyone I know.he works way over 40 hours a week and doesn't get overtime' date='he even works 7 days a week and is given a hard time when asks for time off!.getting another job is hard,and might not even pay him minimum wage.he gets sick and can't go to the doctor.he can't own a library card,and is trying so hard to get an education,but community colleges shut him down!

Not trying to start anything,I don't know much about politics,I'm just trying to throw out there that it's not as easy as I think you think it is....there's no freebies for my boyfriend.[/quote']

Yea but he doesn't pay taxes either .

I agree with all my heart. I have this to say for all the comfy people who hate immigrants' date=' legal or otherwise. I am a product of my mother, who would not be here if her mother didn't come here illegally. She never asked for a handout. She was Mexican. My mother was born here, and lost her father after he was killed on his way home from work by a white drunk driver. With the money she was left, my grandmother bought a house and opened it to local workers as a boarding house. She and my mother worked very hard walking to do laundry for all these rooms. Never still, asking for a single free thing. My grandmother struggled working long hard hours to send my mother to a private school. When my mother was eleven, she came home to find her mother had a stroke. She later passed. This story runs through many families like mine. Not people asking for handouts, scared to, because of fear of being sent back! And you don't know what back is!! I've been there, lived there with my family for a year. I have seen poverty you have only seen from your tv set while warm and full. Nobody asks to be born into poverty. There, you are born into wealth or poverty. We are so used to the fact that here, we have a chance to rise. This is not the norm in third world places. There is NO chance of that. Now I may never see my family, my uncle passed, and we could not say goodbye. Imagine being trapped in your home because you have money and a biz, and some gang pos is waiting for you to come out! If your family lost what little you had and there was no way to get food. No food bank, no Soup kitchen. You tell me, would you stand around while your children die in your arms because they are starving or sick? No ER if you don't have cash up front there. I'm so sick of people saying them, them. Aren't we all people on one planet? There is not one goup of people I would not feed if they were starving. We are a country that has the luxury of becoming fat when people in others just want to stay alive. If we are thirsty, even the homeless can get a free drink of Water from next to any place. Try that in Mexico!!! It won't happen!! No fountains, the Water is poison. Best to dehydrate then die from untreated water. I will never bitch about immigrants as long as I live in a country that walked in and murdered and stole the land from it's rightful owners. I understand there is abuse of said systems, but don't dare blame an entire race for it!! How the hell do you think the hollocaust began?? Stop holding onto things and worrying about how much is left. Because there is no price on people, ever! If you were stuck on the side of an empty road in winter, and a less than legal mexican stopped to give you a warm ride, and nine out of ten times they will because they know what struggle feels like.. Tell me you would not take the ride!! It's time to get over this bull once and for all. We are people, not one better than the next. Stop blaming. " let he who is without sin cast the first stone." remember it and live by it. And I don't apologize if this ruffles some feathers, because it is meant to. If it does yours, then it's time to look at how you feel about people as a whole.[/quote']

This was well said!