Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 Of My 21 Day Liquid Only Diet

How did he know your liver is huge?

Scope?

What is a normal amount of time post op to be on only liquids? I thought it was everyone three weeks liquid, three puree? For the liquids, is slim fast acceptable? I don't know how you get Protein in without it. Is Protein Water ok? I kind of feel like they are throwing me in here with no prep. I'm having it Thursday and I'm terrified. I almost feel like I shouldn't do it. I'm really worried about loose skin too...

Amanda slow down you will be all right.

Check with your doctor they all do it different some say 2 weeks on liquid after surgery some just go right to purée .

Just remember if not sure what to do Call Your Doctor that's what their there for to help you out.

You will be fine

Good luck

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Try Protein drink mix whey powder or Carnation instant Breakfast with skim milk.any Protein Drink as long as it is sugar free and fat free and low carbs.

sugar free Popsicle are great way to help get your liquid in. Don't know about Protein Water but if it's sugar free and no cals have at it

Try Protein drink mix whey powder or Carnation instant Breakfast with skim milk.any Protein Drink as long as it is sugar free and fat free and low carbs.

sugar free Popsicle are great way to help get your liquid in. Don't know about Protein Water but if it's sugar free and no cals have at it

Thanks, Paul. I'm not sure, there might be a little sugar/carb in the protein Water, but not much if so. Slim fast I know has calories...but both of those would have more substance to them than like plain skim milk.

I am very lucky my other half went on it with me. If I where you i would just keep myself busy put yourself out there to help with none food things! I am here for you if you if you need me when im in a place where there is a lot of food I get on my phone and get on here and just read and read!!

So had surgery 7 days ago...left hospital Friday nite was back in Sunday thru Tuesday... fever and dieareah... not fun at all...feeling a lot better besides the pain in my left arm and sharp pain in my belly once in a while...my question is when does the Weight start coming off? I was down 6 pounds before surgery because liquid diet...came out of surgery gainning like 10...witch is normal because of the gas...so after everything is said and done...I'm down 1 pound...answers anyone?

So had surgery 7 days ago...left hospital Friday nite was back in Sunday thru Tuesday... fever and dieareah... not fun at all...feeling a lot better besides the pain in my left arm and sharp pain in my belly once in a while...my question is when does the Weight start coming off? I was down 6 pounds before surgery because liquid diet...came out of surgery gainning like 10...witch is normal because of the gas...so after everything is said and done...I'm down 1 pound...answers anyone?

I gained twelve and it took four days to come off and after that I have lost 6 more.

I was thinking the same thing

I have lost 2 pounds since surgery last Monday

What gives

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I didn't have a liquid diet pre op, but I have a three week one post op. Did you weigh yourself right away or give yourself time? I just weighed myself today at my one week mark. I lost ten this week, and had lost ten presurgery over time, so all in all I'm down 20. That's horrible about being back in the hospital. I hope you're feeling better. We are at about the same place (mine was 8/30) so are you feeling normal yet? I'm not. Way better than before but not normal.

ok what my Dr. told me was if the liver doesn't shrink they can't do the surgery laproscopicly they have to open you all the way up! so the choice is yours!! good luck!

I didn't have a liquid diet pre op' date=' but I have a three week one post op. Did you weigh yourself right away or give yourself time? I just weighed myself today at my one week mark. I lost ten this week, and had lost ten presurgery over time, so all in all I'm down 20. That's horrible about being back in the hospital. I hope you're feeling better. We are at about the same place (mine was 8/30) so are you feeling normal yet? I'm not. Way better than before but not normal.[/quote']

Mine too wad 8/30...and no I didn't weigh myself right away...but I see the Dr tomorrow for first check up...I have a lot of questions to say the least

Mine too wad 8/30...and no I didn't weigh myself right away...but I see the Dr tomorrow for first check up...I have a lot of questions to say the least

And no not normal at all...always feel bloated!!!

And no not normal at all...always feel bloated!!!

Me too. Pain off and on, gurgling insides. I don't have a checkup til six weeks so let me know what you find out. I am excited though that last night I spent some time actually sleeping on my side whoo hoo!

Me too. Pain off and on' date=' gurgling insides. I don't have a checkup til six weeks so let me know what you find out. I am excited though that last night I spent some time actually sleeping on my side whoo hoo![/quote']

Yeah me too!!! Half side half belly!!!! Couldn't find anything...even after another cat scan...so he wants to see me in a week instead of six...

My Dr requires a 4 week pre~op diet :(

I keep getting a stabbing pain on left side of my belly; around where my knew pouch is; its so bad once sometimes twice a day...anyone else? Have had 2 cat scans in 5 days...and cant figure out what is it...I'm do worried about leaking!!!! Witch Dr says no but there is not one test that can be done to find out...they just gotta go with all the symptoms. Or go in my belly again with a scope...anyone know anything?