Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Day Clear Liquid Diet

Ill be on day 5 in the morning. W 4 days to go. Lemme tell u it's been realllllly hard for me. I'm on 4 shakes a day but can have broth. Yogurt. Cottage cheese which I hate. IM STARVING. today was a lil better but I'm asking myself what am I gettin into bc right now I'm so misserable I wanna quit. I've cried for two days the rest of u have better will power then me. I HAD to eat somthing solid yesterday bc I was so ill n dizzy and I couldn't think straight it scared me. so that was my only fail n cheat. Hope y'all r better then me. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Hi Lacy,

You at doing great! Trust me, we all cry at some point and of course they "y" start. Why did I do this!!!! I didn't believe it myself, but it does get better - not overnight.

I think this is the hardest thing I have ever done. Everywhere I look there is food. People at work talking about food. I'm getting by one day at a time' date=' but man this isn't easy. Im not hungry but my mouth wants everything. Sigh.... Please let this get better.[/quote']

I have to say, I think you're right. I had my surgery Tuesday. The 10 day diet was torture but now I'm so sore & sleepy, I don't want food at all. I'm day 3 post op & I can feel the pain still but it gets a little better every day.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using RNYTalk

This liquid diet is getting a little more tolerable. 8 days in down 17 pounds!

Awesome! Congrats! I lost 11 lbs on mine.

on my way home from a great vacation with my kiddos. won't be there till tomorrow and then i start my five day clear liquid diet on the 29th. although i am allowed 3 Protein Shakes a day with it lol. reading all the others im thankful mine is only 5 days.

on my way home from a great vacation with my kiddos. won't be there till tomorrow and then i start my five day clear liquid diet on the 29th. although i am allowed 3 Protein shakes a day with it lol. reading all the others im thankful mine is only 5 days.

Joe, do you have a surgery date?

Joe' date=' do you have a surgery date?[/quote']

my surgery is Aug 3rd. Im getting a little nervous but im sure everyone does.

my surgery is Aug 3rd.

Joe,

Wow.. Just a few days away... I don't even have a date yet and I'M nervous!

Nobody said it would be easy.. (easy to do, nor easy to decide..). At this point you must be anxious/nervous...

But I wish you the best in your next Life's Adventure!

I'm going with this plan;

I spent the first 48 tears of my life doing what I wanted;

I'll spend the next 48 BEING the person I want.

JUST DO IT!

Dawn ;D

my surgery is Aug 3rd.

Joe' date='

Wow.. Just a few days away... I don't even have a date yet and I'M nervous!

Nobody said it would be easy.. (easy to do, nor easy to decide..). At this point you must be anxious/nervous...

But I wish you the best in your next Life's Adventure!

I'm going with this plan;

I spent the first 48 tears of my life doing what I wanted;

I'll spend the next 48 BEING the person I want.

JUST DO IT!

Dawn ;D[/quote']

Thanks,Sounds like a great plan. Today I start my clear liquid diet I think its gonna be worse then the actual surgery.lol I started all this in Feb after thinking about it for a long time. when they told me it would take about 6 months for me to get everything I needed to do done I thought 6 months really that's a ways off but it seems like it was yesterday. it flew by.

It is odd how all the pre op diets are different. For me it was as much Protein as possible remember that getting excess Protein will help dump glycogen stores from your liver which shrinks your liver.

Every surgeon is so different like I can't do puréed until. Week 2 some people get puréed after 4 or 5 days :/

For the woman having problems with the pre op diet we feel ur pain :(. I'm sorry that your struggling with it but te end result will be worth it trust me! I'm 5 days post op and started journey at 330 lbs. I cheated and weighed myself today an am at 281! It's soooo worth it trust me! Have a friend close to comfort you or just come on here and post like crazy because u can do this. Get up in the morning, have your Jello and a cup of deca green tea and look in mirror, guess what? YOUR doing this.

David

I'm 5 days post op and started journey at 330 lbs. I cheated and weighed myself today an am at 281!

David

I'm so jealous! I'm 5 days post op. Started @ 327 & am now down to 311. Grrrr.

Hi guys!

I can't handle this!

I'm on the 4th day if liquid diet.< /p>

Are you guys working out too?

I have been working out hard (swimming and insanity (modified)) and I could kill for some food. I just had a couple of unsalted nuts. The Protein

shakes aren't enough. I think deep down, maybe its more my emotional attachment to food that is the hardest. I've got a husband and 2 little kids and its just too hard to feed them and not eat! I've done pretty well. But I'm struggling so much.

I think you're right about the emotional attachment to food and how you have to live without that starting with the liquid diet. I am on day 6 of mine and it's certainly better now than it was at first. I have stopped working out really hard since I don't have as much calories going in and started just going for some walks outside to get my exercise in. Not sure if your surgeon allows Soups but mine does and I have been getting full on some of the cream soups that I mix with skim milk and just strain the potatoes or whatever veggies are in them.

Hi guys!

I can't handle this!

I'm on the 4th day if liquid diet.

Are you guys working out too?

I have been working out hard (swimming and insanity (modified)) and I could kill for some food. I just had a couple of unsalted nuts. The Protein

shakes aren't enough. I think deep down' date=' maybe its more my emotional attachment to food that is the hardest. I've got a husband and 2 little kids and its just too hard to feed them and not eat! I've done pretty well. But I'm struggling so much.[/quote']

I would be carefull how much energy u are expending at this point. Yes u want to lose some before surgery but you will also develop issues if your burning huge amounts of calories and not getting much nutrition in.

"I would be carefull how much energy u are expending at this point. Yes u want to lose some before surgery but you will also develop issues if your burning huge amounts of calories and not getting much nutrition in."

My thinking exactly! Kind of like entering a car race, taking off full throttle and running out of gas part-way through. Need more fuel and less expenditures from your system before it's prepared.

HOWEVER, you CAN do this, just be balanced, silly-one! You aren't on a 'crash-diet'. Those days are over.. Time to readjust the thinking process too.

It's all a learning process.. We ALL need those re-adjustments, you aren't alone.

;-)

Dawn

I have surgery Tuesday and have spent the last two days moving. Im drained. I couldn't handle no food and I cheated today I had meat. Now I feel so guilty. Is this going to hurt my surgery? All I keep thinking is how could I have been so dumb. I didn't cheat the past 11 days and bam. So disappointed in me.