Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

...We just got back from a 7 day cruise to Mexico last Sat. This was my last hurrah too !:hungry: I found 5lbs and lost them in 3 days..Ted

That's about what I anticipate although I do intend to keep up the ellipitical workout routine I've started while aboard.

Hey Guys, It sure does seem like we're outnumbered!

Judging from the volume of traffic on ALL the message boards I've looked at I agree! If everybody but WLS people were to disappear we'd have it made.:thumb: :mad:

Seriously, is the male to female ratio of banders as skewed as it seems or is that just a perception of mine based on what I see in the message boards? Do that many more women than men get banded or is it simply that women are more apt to admit to or talk about it publicly than men? Is it just that we on this thread are secure enough in our masculinity and emotionally strong enough to discuss it?:) (No "Shallow Hals" allowed in this man's thread!)

Does anyone have some statistics on the male/female ratio of WLS patients in general and banders in particular?

:faint: Well this is the Pitts, woke up this morning with a head cold..I have one week to get over it...time to pop the air-borne etc..just great..

Hello Band of Brothers/Brothers of Band

I was sliced and diced about a week ago. All's well so far. I'm pretty committed to making this work, and also optimistic that it will. I've gained about 100 pounds in the last 5 years. It's been a rough time, just feeling out of control and increasingly depressed about it. My cardiologist said the magic words "lap band" about 3 months ago. I went on the internet, found this site, and moved on it with true intent. Ready for a new life (the wife is also ready for me to have a new life, to say the least).

It is true that this forum is about 98% women, at least in terms of the number of posts. I wonder why that is. Could it be that more women get the lap band compared to men? If so, I wonder why. I also wonder if there are a lot of men lurking here but not posting. We'll probably never know the answer scientifically. Most of the time I don't mind posting on the estrogen-encumbered threads, but it is good to have this thread as well.

Talk to you later.

hey guys, im getting banded on 2/2. Cant wait! I just completed week 1 of my pre-diet, and have lost 14.4 pounds so far.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for starting the guy page! :mad:

What's up fella's,

I am happy to see that we have a thread of our own. I have been banded for a little over a week (January 15th, 2007). I got babned in Pascagoula , Mississippi by Dr. Pete Avara. I had a lot of pain the first week, because they found a polyp in my gallbladder and had to remove it as well. I have lost weight (16 lbs) and Man, I am happy that I was banded when I was. I have been on the weight lose struggle my entire life and if this truely works, i will be happy to see it leave.

My girl has started to say that when I loose some more she wants me to have a TT. As a guy it never crossed my mind untill she pointed out that she could have bragging rights with her girl friends. I am hoping to avoid it and will give it time to srink as much as possable. The problem of the overhang causing my skin to break down (wet, red, open to infection) is still small. I kept it dry, use power and deorderant. One of the ladies said that it was like "putin on a smiley face" with the deorderant. I use some triple antibiotic (neosporin) if it looks like its going to get out of hand. Any way as for sex, once you have healed 6-8 weeks gust take it easy. No having your girl bounce off your belly to hard.

One of the females has suggested that the guys eat a lot of pinapple to flavor their cum, claims that the girls like it.

Hey guys,

Just another male checking in here. I am going to be banded on 02/14, self payer from Canada. I am 2 days pre-op diet & doing okay.

ousooneer, just wanted to let you know that I think it is amazing what you have lost. When I was looking into the band I saw what you were doing and was amazed.

Question for the guys, what do you guys drink (assuming you do) after your band instead of beer? I like to have the occasional beverage, but have heard that carbonated drinks are not the best.

Andrew

Hey guys,

Just another male checking in here. I am going to be banded on 02/14, self payer from Canada. I am 2 days pre-op diet & doing okay.

ousooneer, just wanted to let you know that I think it is amazing what you have lost. When I was looking into the band I saw what you were doing and was amazed.

Question for the guys, what do you guys drink (assuming you do) after your band instead of beer? I like to have the occasional beverage, but have heard that carbonated drinks are not the best.

Andrew

Andrew- thanks for the encouraging words. I don't know what you would substitute for beer. I was never a fan of beer (though I would occasionally partake). I did however have a shot of Tequilla when I weighed under 200 and had a shot of Juagarmeister on New Years with no problem except that I am such a lightweight now.

Hey Fella's !

I just wanted to say whats up ! I have not been banded yet but I have my 1st appointment with my DR on 2/14 and can't wait to start the process. Any reccomendations on what to do for a headstart would be greatly appreceated !

:attention: PS: 1st man rule of the man thread is that no man shall ridicule any other man in thread for spelling or grammer ! ! :D :rockon:

What's up guys, I haven't been banded but i'll have my initial consultation with the surgeon on 02/01 and hopefully from there it'll be a quick turn around time for me to get banded.

Randy