Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Neal - you are doing great man. I remember emailing you back in August and you have lost a bunch since then... I wish I could have lost in the beginning, but hopefully now it will start. How much fill do you have now?

Neal - you are doing great man. I remember emailing you back in August and you have lost a bunch since then... I wish I could have lost in the beginning, but hopefully now it will start. How much fill do you have now?

Thanks. I can't remember how much fill I have. I am going Friday for a fill and I am going to make sure I ask and will let know. I think I am at 6 or 7 in the VG band.

Neal - that is great that you haven't had to get too much of a fill. I am worried because I am already at 8.75 and the thing only holds 10. And this is the first restriction that I have had at all. I know I need more as time passes. What happens when it gets full? What do you do then???

Neal - that is great that you haven't had to get too much of a fill. I am worried because I am already at 8.75 and the thing only holds 10. And this is the first restriction that I have had at all. I know I need more as time passes. What happens when it gets full? What do you do then???

Great question. I don't know, but have haven't heard of anyone saying they reached there max. Sometimes it only takes a minor tweak to get that restiction. I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

Hooray for Guys.....

....and Oregon too!!!

25 months post Band.....

Life is GOOD!!!

Jack, I assume that was aimed at me? Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound! :)

Hey Jeff, Are you the one from Arkansas ? If you are I ,think your wife Libby answerd a thread for Jan. bands in Mexico..Its great to know about someone else going on the same day..What day and time are you getting in to SD. for the trip to TJ?? we get in around 12:06 pm on United for the Tue. pre-op stuff

--------------------------------------

Hey guys thinking about a TT, I'm also thinking along that line and I checked about going to Thai land for it. They have the best prices and you can have a vac. too out of it..all you need is a passport, time and oh ya cash money...lol

-------------------------------------

For you guys that had this already do they have to put a catheter on for the Op.??????

Tidefan, I'm able to get fills from Dr. Kuri free if I go to his office in Mexico, so when where were there and I need one great. But for the ones I know I'll need sooner I can go to Eugene Or. neer where I live, and there $150.

well i have hit my platoe? i cant spell:confused: but i am stuck at my 213lbs and some days i gain 2 or 3 lbs any one else go throught this ? well when i get my fill that will help. oh by the way i am from sacramento and my kings suck:mad2:

Welcome RSBELL, Congrats too you on getting you band. I will have to spend 1 night in the hospital and there giving us 1 night or more in a nice hotel too..Ted

Welcome RSBELL, Congrats too you on getting you band. I will have to spend 1 night in the hospital and there giving us 1 night or more in a nice hotel too..Ted

My "nice hotel" was at home trying to keep the pug from jumping on my stomach while I slept!:angry

I'm scheduled to get banded Feb 19 in Little Rock by Dr. Rex Luttrell. Self pay @ $16,000. Going on a cruise (planned 6 months ago) starting this Sat so I get a "last hurrah" before the two week course of two shakes and a "reasonable" meal routine!

One of these days I'm going to catch up with this "reasonable" person and I've got a few questions to ask and choice words to say to them.

I understand from reading elsewhere that the Inamed VG band requires 3.5 cc fill just to flush out the air/empty space in the port, tube, and balloon.

I am totally a girl :) but I wanted to say 1) good for you guys for getting your own thread...no broken nail comments *HA* and 2) don't worry that your band will be filled only to 10. If you fill it to 10 it fills the band without stretching it; it can be filled to approximately 14 before it's completely filled. and 3) last time you hear from me, promise :D

Hey all,

Just waitin on my date now! All paid up, tests done and waiting like crazy to getthis thing going!!

Looking foreward to hearing all us guys talking.

BTW, about the sex! Why else in the world would we be doing this if it wasn't for that hahaha!! After all, I know that women believe that is all we think about:) Then again, maybe itis just the first on the list!

Lets see, Sex, horsepower, sex, snowmobiles, sex, hunting, sex! I see a patern emerging here!!

Chris

Hello too all you new guys !!:clap2:

Ouachita: We just got back from a 7 day cruise to Mexico last Sat. This was my last hurrah too !:hungry: I found 5lbs and lost them in 3 days..Ted

Glad to see a guys thread. I'm just finishing my 1st 2 day/2 night rotation back to work after my banding on 1/12. I see quite a few self-pay stories here. After a fairly long go round with my health insurance company and much hard work from Kelley and Walter Lindstrom at obesitylaw.com they finally approved my lap band. Give them a call if you're having trouble getting covered. I couldn't have done it without them. I was pretty sore the first few days but it was amazing how much better I felt each day after. Had my 1st post op visit with the doc Tuesday and all's well so far. Not much restriction yet and I go for my 1st fill in 4 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to lose a bit on my own until then. Looking forward to advice from the seasoned veterans on banding as I progress down this road. Catch you later, Sean