Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Of Food Sitting In Throat?

So sorry to hear that Angela. Keep your spirit up. I know it's hard...but I truly believe that the lord will never put more on you than you can handle...and when you think you've had all you can take...pray and tell him. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep me updated on how it's going!

I thought I had bn going well, 4 weeks out. I'm on soft foods, but tonight was multi tasking and didn't chew enuf. I swear I thought I was going to hv a heart attack. food stuck was sooo painful. And felt really nauseous. think I was getting a bit cocky and thinking I was bulletproof. That sure a lesson I don't want to repeat!!!!!

Sounds like I few people hv problems with scar tissue. I pray I not one. Tonight was really scary and painful.

Panda that prayer was beautiful. Thanks everyone. You're all very kind. I went to a different hospital earlier in the month for a 2nd opinion so to speak but they dismissed me and said i'd have to go back to where the surgery was originally performed. I had another endoscopy yesterday (#4) and the g.i. dr said my surgeon may have to go in and do a revision. I am still in the hospital but supposed to be getting discharged today. We shall see. I am leaning on my faith not my fear cuz fear and faith don't mix

Anjela I don't know where you live but it may be worth your while to come to NY . My dr would probably be glad to help. Dr Fielding at NYU. Just a thought and best of luck to you. You're in my prayers!

Anjela I don't know where you live but it may be worth your while to come to NY . My dr would probably be glad to help. Dr Fielding at NYU. Just a thought and best of luck to you. You're in my prayers!

I live in Upstate NY. Can I have his number please? Thanx a lot

Sorry guys, but I'm almost twelve years post op and I still get that feeling occasionally! It's mostly when I try to take a pill though.

Anjela424-any kind for me. Doesn't matter how small. It might be the worry of swallowing all that Water at once that goes along with taking a pill.

I had chicken today and it got stuck to the point I was throwing up foamy bubbles. It sucked. I called the nurse from my surgery and she told me to soak it in lime juice.

The second thing she mentioned was to mix a warm Water with a little meat tenderizer and drink it. It will help break down the meat. Thought I'd pass it on

Onyx :)

I had chicken today and it got stuck to the point I was throwing up foamy bubbles. It sucked. I called the nurse from my surgery and she told me to soak it in lime juice.

The second thing she mentioned was to mix a warm Water with a little meat tenderizer and drink it. It will help break down the meat. Thought I'd pass it on

Onyx :)

Thanx for the info

Jackie you are about to make me cry bc I am having the exact same issue and I has an uppper g.i ten days ago and today and I'm scheduled for the endoscopy tomorrow morning. I was very hopeful that that would fix everything now my hopes are dashed! :'(

Remember to sip, little spoonsfuls, and chew to a mush, sometimes its just adjusting habits and not a stoma. And this rule applies for a lifetime, your exit will always be on the small side,to this day I count my chews anything less then 30 and there's a chance it'll stick.

Oh,when something sticks, lay down on your left side and strech out you torso. I can't explain why but it helps food to pass. It may come up or go down, but it does pass.

I had the structure or stoma (different doctors use different names) after my surgery four years ago. Here's the great news, I don't have significant issues eating today, the endoscopy (the stretch) did the trick.

But the devil details: your gonna eat purée (you can Water it down if needed) until its fixed and sometimes you need more then one stretch. I had two, and you have to wait about 30 days between each to be safe. The most my surgeon ever did was 6. If you don't get it treated the sitting food creates an ulcer which hurts like you can't believe. Be sure to keep following up with your surgeon.

Hang on, if its more the swelling and changing habits there's still help.

Anjela424 how are you doing? Have things gotten any better?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

Remember to sip' date=' little spoonsfuls, and chew to a mush, sometimes its just adjusting habits and not a stoma. And this rule applies for a lifetime, your exit will always be on the small side,to this day I count my chews anything less then 30 and there's a chance it'll stick.

Oh,when something sticks, lay down on your left side and strech out you torso. I can't explain why but it helps food to pass. It may come up or go down, but it does pass.

I had the structure or stoma (different doctors use different names) after my surgery four years ago. Here's the great news, I don't have significant issues eating today, the endoscopy (the stretch) did the trick.

But the devil details: your gonna eat purée (you can Water it down if needed) until its fixed and sometimes you need more then one stretch. I had two, and you have to wait about 30 days between each to be safe. The most my surgeon ever did was 6. If you don't get it treated the sitting food creates an ulcer which hurts like you can't believe. Be sure to keep following up with your surgeon.

Hang on, if its more the swelling and changing habits there's still help.

[/quote']

I've had 4 endoscopys already. Hopefully I won't have to get anymore. I also had an ulcer. They say both issues are cleared up but I don't know. I've been taking 2-3 bites of things here and there...every few days....Nothing major but I'm trying

I feel so bad for you. I don't knowwhat you are going through but I would go to another doctor. You have been suffering too long. I know this doesn't happen to many people but this is terrible. I wish you well. I wish there was something I could do to help. I'll be praying for you.

Thank you Berniec