Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Of Food Sitting In Throat?

Take it a day at a time. I called my doc today and have an appt for Wednesday afternoon. Yay...hopefully it won't take long to schedule the endoscopies.

Well I ended up in the hospital today due to dehydration. I haven't been able to keep down food or Water. I will have a swallow test today and then an upper gi tomorrow. Looks like I will be here for a couple days.

Anjela have you had the 2nd one yet? How are you feeling?

My second on is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30. I was feeling much better but I threw up Tuesday (which was my birthday) n yesterday so idk what's going on. I have good and bad days. I do know that they said I should not still be vomiting 5 weeks post op. I just wanna feel better...feel normal...

My second on is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30. I was feeling much better but I threw up Tuesday (which was my birthday) n yesterday so idk what's going on. I have good and bad days. I do know that they said I should not still be vomiting 5 weeks post op. I just wanna feel better...feel normal...

Wow...that sucks. I defiantly feel your frustration. I am still in the hospital. After a ton of Iv fluids I am feeling a lot better. they did An upper gi this morning and found strictures in my pouch and esophagus so it's no wonder I have been having such a hard time swallowing even Water. The dr rigorously dilated my pouch and esophagus to get rid of the scar tissue and said I may have to have it redone in a few weeks. Had two more swallow tests and the radiation dr said my pouch looks normal now, hopefully that fixed it and I can finally eat and drink again. I just want to feel normal again. 4 weeks of barely drinking and not eating has driven me crazy. I've been so snappy at my family and friends and I do not really mean to be...but it's frustrating not being able to keep even Water down. I keep telling everyone not to take my bad mood personally...but that seems to go in one ear and right out the other, Anyways....I'm just hoping this did the trick and I can move on with my recovery! Best wishes to you!!

I can definitely relate....seriously. I want this repaired asap. They better check everything bc I'm 5 weeks post op and this is so not cool. I'm glad to hear that you are doing much better. That's awesome!

I had read somewhere that when the dialation is needed it sometimes takes 3 visits for it to stick. Mainly because your organs are elasticy so they bounce back. Thats why it takes a few times stretching it for it to take.

Good luck...I hope you both are feeling better!

Yea 3 or 4 times is what they told me yesterday but the nurse said she once saw a patient that had to have it done 8 times! They also discovered an ulcer while doing the endocopy. I have to have it repeated in 2 weeks!

In the hospital again for dehydration and to have the endoscopy dialation once again. So ready to be able to eat and drink. I am 5 weeks post op and have yet been able to eat anything other than liquids. If you combine that with the 2 weeks of liquids per op that's 7 weeks of no food...only liquids. I have such buyers remorse right now. Sorry guys just venting.....I know one day I will look back and be glad I had this surgery..lout right now it just sucks.

I feel exactly the same as you. I am almost 7 weeks post op and I have a stomach stricture and an ulcer. I have had 3 endoscopys and been dialated 3 times as well. They say what's happening to me happens to less than 1% of patients. My surgeon said out of the 2 thousand surgeries he's performed this has only happened to 60 ppl. I too have buyers remorse and I plan on going to the support groups and telling my story bc they never made me aware of ANY of this. I am beyond frustrated and I feel like I'm going to die at times! The pain the nausea the vomiting the weakness. I barely even drink....maybe 6 ounces a day. I've lost 40+ lbs so far but so what! This is so not what I signed up for

I feel exactly the same as you. I am almost 7 weeks post op and I have a stomach stricture and an ulcer. I have had 3 endoscopys and been dialated 3 times as well. They say what's happening to me happens to less than 1% of patients. My surgeon said out of the 2 thousand surgeries he's performed this has only happened to 60 ppl. I too have buyers remorse and I plan on going to the support groups and telling my story bc they never made me aware of ANY of this. I am beyond frustrated and I feel like I'm going to die at times! The pain the nausea the vomiting the weakness. I barely even drink....maybe 6 ounces a day. I've lost 40+ lbs so far but so what! This is so not what I signed up for

I so hear you! I just got back to my room. They did the dialation and did a scraping of my esophagus and stomach to get rid of More scar tissue about an hour ago. I also have strictures in my stomach and in my esophogas. My doctor also found a hernia this time, It just keeps getting better. I don't remember them saying any of these complications when I was going through the process. I'm ready to get this all past me. Angela are you feeling any better since the last procedure? I hope so!

Not at all and with me having an ulcer as well they said if it perferates (ruptures) I can die! Wtf......I just wanna go back to the way it was.....