Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Of Food Sitting In Throat?

Anjela my heart goes out to you' date=' I can only imagine the frustration. Each bite that passes is one bite in the right direction, take them as victories!

You're in my thoughts.[/quote']

Thanx so much!

Sorry ladies this is horrible. If you have a chance of dying can they revise the surgery?

They can but revisions are risky and my surgeon said he's never done one

Hey everyone' date=' im 13 weeks post op. I always get that feeling something is stuck. I think its only because I try to either eat to fast or drink to fast. It goes away after about 15 minutes. But this crap is so not the business. So there for I find myself eating alot of popsicles. sugar free of course. I do eat things a little better now. You just have to know your limits. Im still new to this and learning everyday. I do know that I take a bite of something ,eat it slow ,walk away and come back to it when I know the food has gone down. I know it sucks but it seems to work for me.[/quote']

If only it were that simple for me...

My heart goes out to the ones that are having issues with food getting stuck or sitting above the stomach. I am almost two week post op and i pray nothing like this happens to me but reading the stories remind me to eat and drink slow as to not cause me pain and suffering.

My heart goes out to the ones that are having issues with food getting stuck or sitting above the stomach. I am almost two week post op and i pray nothing like this happens to me but reading the stories remind me to eat and drink slow as to not cause me pain and suffering.

My 4th one dismayed me to 13.5mm. I pray we both feel "normal" again soon

Wow, four years ago I was told 11mm was the max they could do. Maybe that's why I stick?

You are in my prayers

On 4/15/2012 at 11:38 AM, Anjela424 said:

I agree with Sweet. I'm only 25 days post op and EVERYTME I eat it feels like something is in my throat a and yea although it doesn't hurt...its so uncomfortable and with me it last for hours on end. I usually just try to go to sleep and pray its gone when I wake up. My doctors told me to just try to do liquids like broth n sugar free Jello for now. I even had my throat xrayed to be certain nothing was lodged in there (it wasn't) I wonder will this ever go away. It makes me so miserable and uncomfortable

Thanks

Omg I an glad I found this thread. I am one week out and about 80% of the time I swallow anything it feels like it gets stuck. Doc said today it could be a stricture but they're going to give it a few weeks. It's so uncomfortable and I am really dehydrated because I don't want to eat or drink because of it!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s been five months since I had my surgery. I still get the feeling of something bring stuck in my throat!! I’ve about decided it’s probably me eating too fast, not chewing my foods enough and/or just drinking too fast!!
Its not a good feeling and hopefully, it will ease up. Good luck to everyone.
Oh, my GI Dr recommended me walking some after each meal. This does seem to help! If I just sit after I eat then it makes it worse!!