Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its almost winter!

That's the thing! My husband is bombing downhill this weekend but not riding UP these mountains they take shuttles!! Lazy bums :P Man I wish I could go horseback riding like you.. Glad your doing better today. I think yesterday was just off for some reason.. I need to get off this site to do me exercise! My son is home from school today so I promised him we'd come up with a granola bar recipe' date=' go to whole food to buy ingredients and make them :) [/quote']

Make them and step away! lol

Lol I'm going to have to! He picked out his recipe pumpkin chocolate chip (weird combo) granola bars... 0.o

Oh my, sounds heavenly to me.

Lol yes form a she-man man haters club!

He's in Tahoe having fun. Left me home with kids and laundry!

Jane yes that's the mountain biking he does bombing downhill on single track trail(dangerous stuff). He is taking me out once or twice a week now for easier trails and is even buying me a fancy bike soon!

I'm never going to be in his league though here's a shot of my boo boo from a couple of weeks ago when I made a wrong turn and went down and advanced single track trail.... I made it about 20 feet until I hit a log jump caught my pedal and flipped over the bike!! :o

:P bunny hills for me

I love that you have a selfie of the road rash...haha! But seriously that looks ouchie! :wacko:

I'm like Lynda I'm on my 3rd winter being sleeved and in addition to my beloved Protein coffee (summer iced, winter hot) I'm becoming quite the lover of tea.

On fast days my favorite tea is Gingerbread Spice tea (which I believe is seasonal only...we found it 2 years ago so last winter stocked up and carefully ration it...lol) with a bit of pumpkin Pie sugar free Torani Syrup (which I think is *also* seasonal!) YUM! Warm and sweet...no cals tho!

We also tend to do more crockpot meals this time of year because it just works. Favorites are shredded chicken, pot roasts, chili and pork roasts. Apples and pork are always a nice combo.

So we actually had SNOW today...so NOT ready for snow and winter! :blink: I would take SoCal right about now...

Snow?? Wow! That was quick...

Hey I just bought the pumpkin pie sf Syrup today!

Ugh but I also made pumpkin carob chip granola bars with my son today...

Lets just say they taste good :P

Snow?? Wow! That was quick...

Hey I just bought the pumpkin pie sf Syrup today!

Ugh but I also made pumpkin carob chip granola bars with my son today...

Lets just say they taste good :P

Wait I thought you were STEPPING AWAY from them...but then what is the POINT of baking if you can't lick the bowl right?

Yeah, the snow melted by 2pm or so, but then as I was fixing dinner I noticed more flakes falling. Sigh...I love Colorado, I love Colorado...really I do!

OOOOH and they (Torani) made a S'mores sugar free Syrup this summer and I MISSED it. Somehow didn't realize/know about it and then when I went to buy it ...poof gone. I was very sad about that.

Lol I tried to step away but couldn't

They turned out a mess too!!

They didn't bind... So it's more like loose granola than bars :( don't know what I did wrong.

My poor kid, his mom definitely can't cook!

My husband always tells me if I want too, he'll pay for a cooking school...he's so nice....

Lol I tried to step away but couldn't

They turned out a mess too!!

They didn't bind... So it's more like loose granola than bars :( don't know what I did wrong.

My poor kid, his mom definitely can't cook!

My husband always tells me if I want too, he'll pay for a cooking school...he's so nice....

What was your recipe?

Oh, and I ordered a pack of that hot chocolate...crossing my fingers that I like it...I have yet to find a Protein drink I can handle...they ALL make me nauseous.

What was your recipe?

Oh' date=' and I ordered a pack of that hot chocolate...crossing my fingers that I like it...I have yet to find a Protein drink I can handle...they ALL make me nauseous.[/quote']

This is what I used... I didn't do quick cook oats

Maybe I should of though??? Oh and we did carob instead of chocolate..,

I think I didn't cook them long enough...

3 1/4 cups old fashioned oats

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon salt

¾ cup brown sugar

½ cup pumpkin puree

¼ cup applesauce

¼ cup honey

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, whisk oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in chocolate chips.< /p>

4. Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don't want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.

5. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.

Disclaimer!!!

This is not a "sleever" recipe :P

Well unless you sprinkle protien powder on :D

I and let me know how the hot chocolate tastes.

Hmmm idk...maybe so...im not sure about the oats part though. Idk if that would affect the outcome

Sure wish I could go to Tahoe. I'd do the laundry for a month.

LOL....why is it every time I see this pic I think about that movie "Sinbad and the Cyclops?"

post-17584-13813670597112_thumb.jpg

Sure wish I could go to Tahoe. I'd do the laundry for a month.

LOL....why is it every time I see this pic I think about that movie "Sinbad and the Cyclops?"

post-17584-13813670597112_thumb.jpg

F u butter! :P

You're so sweet.

Seriously.....it's a good movie. You should feel flattered.

MUAH!

I have a sugar hangover so you can take that kiss and plant it on my azzzz.......