Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

1.9 for me today. Total is 20.2. Made my goal with 5 days to spare. We will keep next month open to all. But I just want to say the point originally was to set a goal and reach for it. Whatever it is, as long as it's measurable, and it's a challenge. I'm proud of all if y'all that are participating and I hope that we keep it going and keep growing. I'll work on a new November thread here in the next couple of days.

Ok just did 10 the easy way (indoor bike) and I hated every flipping minute of it!! :P

96 miles to date...

Hell I might do a 101 miles this month just to be a show off :P

Laura- that is really great for you. I hope this week has been better for you in all ways. :)

3.1 mile run and 4 mile walk today.

So far this month:

Run: 41 (goal 60)

Walk: 55.2 (goal 40) Over!!!

Bike: 13 (goal 50)

Total: 109.2 miles

I'm definitely claiming 2 miles today. walked lots. so 52. Fitbit said they "might" replace it. Won't that be nice?? Until then' date=' I will use my reliable old pedometer starting tomorrow now that I'm back home. Waiting impatiently until tomorrow morning for my "official" post vacation weigh in. Trying not to get my hopes up that my third stall in 3 months has ended.[/quote']

3 painful miles on my bike. 53 now.

4.4 today. I was a slug all day. Worked from chair. My rump is numb. :). Total 123. Oh wow. Just realized 2 miles from goal!

Alright Day 26 and I've got 49 miles!!!! Did 2 today and tomorrow is usually my rest day so Monday I should hit 50!!! Then Tues,Wed and Thursday I need to get 10 miles in!!!! I had 40 miles last month so 60 was my goal this month!!! I will do this!!!!

Up + 4 miles today. 2 were a run and 2 were a sprint (800 m at a time). Did a lot of other stuff, but in turning a new page on this thread, It won't be posted here. I am not sure what my total is at for the month; stopped counting a week or two ago. I am guessing around 190.

47 + 4.22 for today = 51.22 miles. I really enjoyed my walk/hike this morning. Posted some pictures on my FB. We have a national recreation area here and its a beautiful place to exercise.

I am thinking about just running today. A nice long slower run on the treadmill not for time. My initial thought is 10 miles, but perhaps I should try for longer? In other words, keep running until 3 hours or something like that. Typically the most I run is 10 k (around an hour), but have done long 3-4 hour runs in the past (pre sleeve) where pace was about 12:00-15:00. Today will be my last chance on vacation to get in some decent miles before returning to the fast paced excitement of cross fit (defn missing it) in a couple days at home. I've done two 10 k so far this week with some shorter 5k and 1-2 mile warmup runs combined with other metabolic conditioning workouts I put together for myself in the athletic center they have here. Would doing a long endurance run be too hard on my body or somehow detract from my overall cross fit conditioning? Sorry for all the questions. This is new territory for me. :)

Thoughts?

Would doing a long endurance run be too hard on my body or somehow detract from my overall cross fit conditioning? Sorry for all the questions. This is new territory for me. :)

Thoughts?

Fiddle....as someone who has had some 3 hour runs, I will say yes, it is hard on the body....but not too hard. Not when you're in shape. The only concern is you haven't built up to that kind of mileage. The longest you've run lately is 6.2 miles (10k), now you're talking a jump up to 12-15 mile range. That's a big jump. Not to say you can't do it, but give yourself the possibility of making it home if you run out of gas. You'll certainly sleep well tonight afterward. And I seriously doubt it will detract from your crossfit conditioning in anyway, other than leaving you fatigued. The only thing that is going to detract from our crossfit conditioning is not doing crossfit for a long period of time. But once you start back, I have no doubt that your pre-vacation fitness level will come right back. It's just like a runner who takes time off from running. A week will make very little difference. A month might, but it will come back very quickly.

The November challenge is up and it is slightly altered to be more inclusive. Feel free to give any feedback or make further suggestions if you have them. There are no concrete rules.....I'm all for being flexible as long as we stick to the spirit of the challenge.

Good luck in November everyone. I hope you all continue to participate and we attract even more folks to the movement. It feels good to push oneself just a little beyond what seems doable.

Here's a link to the November thread.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/98407-november-fitness-challenge/

Edited by Butterthebean

I joined Novembers with a goal of 75 miles!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

The November challenge is up and it is slightly altered to be more inclusive. Feel free to give any feedback or make further suggestions if you have them. There are no concrete rules.....I'm all for being flexible as long as we stick to the spirit of the challenge. Good luck in November everyone. I hope you all continue to participate and we attract even more folks to the movement. It feels good to push oneself just a little beyond what seems doable. Here's a link to the November thread. http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/98407-november-fitness-challenge/

Fine then my goal will be to challenge my cross stitching skills!

It's a very competitive finger workout and I could use the push to be a better cross stitcher.

I leave mistakes in all the time and adjust somewhere else.

Wrong color?? Meh. Maybe according to the chart, but if it doesn't look wrong that I used medium blue instead of light blue.. I'll leave it too.

I do care about my backside.. minimally. Not to the point where it slows me down. But- I don't care what anyone thinks of it.

I really only think about the back when working on things where it is exposed- and even then, I don't think about how neat it is- I only care that my thread is secured and won't come undone by using and washing.

#1 I am an edge taper. I have a silly little hand held sewing machine- but its more work than its worth so I rarely use it. Tape is so much faster. I used to be *tsked* when going into a needlework shop- then I switched shops. I don't care about residue. I don't care if my fabric will break down in 30 years.

#2 I draw all over my fabric with a washable marker. I have a hodgepodge of lines on projects- some are grid lines or center lines, some are just to make sure things line up, some are edge of my project lines- or where a roof starts, a fence stops.. whatever. It all depends on the project. After a while I'll have to many lines and my whole project looks blue- then I wash it out and start over with new markings. But my projects look like a mess while I am working on them.

#3 I refuse to do the math on how much I spend on stitching. Either time spent or money spent. It is what it is- and I don't want to know the number

#4 I may take a day off of work this week so I can get a project done. I've never cared so much to have a project done in time- but this one I do. I'll see how much I can get done during the week- but I may be *cough* *cough* a little under the weather on Friday.

I will spend the month working on 1 through 3.

:D