Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Fine then my goal will be to challenge my cross stitching skills!

It's a very competitive finger workout and I could use the push to be a better cross stitcher.

I leave mistakes in all the time and adjust somewhere else.

Wrong color?? Meh. Maybe according to the chart' date=' but if it doesn't look wrong that I used medium blue instead of light blue.. I'll leave it too.

I do care about my backside.. minimally. Not to the point where it slows me down. But- I don't care what anyone thinks of it.

I really only think about the back when working on things where it is exposed- and even then, I don't think about how neat it is- I only care that my thread is secured and won't come undone by using and washing.

#1 I am an edge taper. I have a silly little hand held sewing machine- but its more work than its worth so I rarely use it. Tape is so much faster. I used to be *tsked* when going into a needlework shop- then I switched shops. I don't care about residue. I don't care if my fabric will break down in 30 years.

#2 I draw all over my fabric with a washable marker. I have a hodgepodge of lines on projects- some are grid lines or center lines, some are just to make sure things line up, some are edge of my project lines- or where a roof starts, a fence stops.. whatever. It all depends on the project. After a while I'll have to many lines and my whole project looks blue- then I wash it out and start over with new markings. But my projects look like a mess while I am working on them.

#3 I refuse to do the math on how much I spend on stitching. Either time spent or money spent. It is what it is- and I don't want to know the number

#4 I may take a day off of work this week so I can get a project done. I've never cared so much to have a project done in time- but this one I do. I'll see how much I can get done during the week- but I may be *cough* *cough* a little under the weather on Friday.

I will spend the month working on 1 through 3.

:D

[/quote']

A side of you I never knew about.....freaky.

......but I have to say....."#4 I may take a day off of WORK this week so I can get a project done."......uh....I call BS on this.

A side of you I never knew about.....freaky. ......but I have to say....."#4 I may take a day off of WORK this week so I can get a project done."......uh....I call BS on this.

:P

Here's a link to the November thread.

http://www.verticals...ness-challenge/

Love, love, LOVE how you set up the November challenge! So much more inclusive and already I see bunches of new people in there. Great job Butter. Thank you!

Love' date=' love, LOVE how you set up the November challenge! So much more inclusive and already I see bunches of new people in there. Great job Butter. Thank you![/quote']

Thanks for the input.

Today I got in 12. 23 miles. Longest distance in a long time.

2 mile warm up @ 6.2 mph

10 k run @ 6.4 mph

5 k @ 6.5 mph

1 mile jog cool down

I had to stop between 10 k and 5 k for a bathroom stop. :) no tree to relieve myself on. Feel pretty good now, but legs - quads- are a little tired. Not too bad overall though. I am not really an endurance runner. In fact, it is not my cup of tea (prefer fast short distances). For me, running takes about 10 minutes before reaching runner high and auto pilot switches on. All I have to do is remember the principle of chi running: run lightly, mid foot impact, forward tilt and large strides; keep the body well balanced and relaxed. The muscle memory and conditioning takes care of the rest.

This should place my monthly total over 200.

3 painful miles on my bike. 53 now.

Dang flare up. I only got 1.2 miles today and YES I am claiming the .2 part too! 54.2. Worried I won't be able to make my stretch goal of 60 with this stupid sh-- RA!

Dang flare up. I only got 1.2 miles today and YES I am claiming the .2 part too! 54.2. Worried I won't be able to make my stretch goal of 60 with this stupid sh-- RA!

Sorry you're having a flare up. Hang in there. Do what you can and make it up next month.

Aww, don't fret, my friend. It's all good. Take care of yourself.

GG, I applaud you for getting out there and doing anything when in pain! Let alone 1.2 miles..

Hell it's more than I did today!

I walked to the grocery store today but it's not even enough to count :)

I got in 3.01 today for a total of 54.23 miles. I pushed through the pain in my left knee....I am not liking where this is going. I have had two knee surgeries already and took a really bad fall a year ago and came down on the same knee. Of course I was at my heaviest at the time. I have a brace I guess I need to dig it back out and start walking with it on....and life goes on!

Okay, 6 .4 today total of 129.4!!! Beat my goal it's all gravy from here! Boy, I wish I had some biscuits and gravy!!! :)

I got in 3.01 today for a total of 54.23 miles. I pushed through the pain in my left knee....I am not liking where this is going. I have had two knee surgeries already and took a really bad fall a year ago and came down on the same knee. Of course I was at my heaviest at the time. I have a brace I guess I need to dig it back out and start walking with it on....and life goes on!

I know how you feel. I had surgery in 2012 for a torn meniscus in my right knee. I have noticed some pretty good pain at times in that knee again, a lot of the same pains I had before. I am hoping I haven't retorn it. I guess time will tell. Just take it easy and take care of yourself.

Edited by lsu2868

1.60 miles today. Taking it easy these last few days to let my knee rest. I have been getting some old pains back. Hoping I haven't damaged it again. It is not stopping me though. I am now at 117.45 miles.