Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

I know I'm making this hard for myself by not getting some miles in today but my plan is to sit on my butt. I've been swamped at work and the sudden cold weather is making me lazy.

Edited by gamergirl

I know I'm making this hard for myself by not getting some miles in today but my plan is to sit on my butt. I've been swamped at work and the sudden cold weather is making me lazy.

Oh the cold weather is a b***h!!

I'm honestly scared about winter.. I did my best eating, lazing around and covering up as not to see the lumps and bumps in the winter :P

Hi everyone' date=' I didn't hit 50 miles but got close. Too many things going on between work, watching World Series games, and seeing the Eagles in concert on surgery eve. I know there are a lot of folks from California on VST, and not trying to rub it in that my favorite team beat the Dodgers, but it would be nice to have the Cards win it while I am recovering from surgery. My husband and I are season ticket holders so I timed my surgery very well. I am taking my jersey with me to put around me during Saturday's game. Keep moving for me, because I will probably be going slow for the rest of October. Now get back to exercising.[/quote']

Your surgery is tomorrow right? Good luck and post after so we know how you're doing!

2.9 miles today. My biggest day since surgery. Feeling better each day. 18.3 this month. I'll make my 20 mile goal.

Next month I'm shooting for 50. Who's gonna start Novembers challenge? I'll be happy to if no one else wants to.

2.9 miles today. My biggest day since surgery. Feeling better each day. 18.3 this month. I'll make my 20 mile goal. Next month I'm shooting for 50. Who's gonna start Novembers challenge? I'll be happy to if no one else wants to.

You are. We're all too lazy to keep watching your baby now that you're all better :P

J/k. The challenge is a butter thing in my mind so I pick you.

Let's split off and make a 50 mile challenge so I can stop reading about the fitness freaks (braggers) and their 100 mile warm up before they start their real workout! :P

I suggested that last time but people wanted to keep it together. I think a lot of newbies (like me!) don't sign up for it thinking you have to do 100. I know I thought that initially. Splitting it will get more people to participate, IMHO.

Hi everyone,

I didn't hit 50 miles but got close. Too many things going on between work, watching World Series games, and seeing the Eagles in concert on surgery eve. I know there are a lot of folks from California on VST, and not trying to rub it in that my favorite team beat the Dodgers, but it would be nice to have the Cards win it while I am recovering from surgery. My husband and I are season ticket holders so I timed my surgery very well. I am taking my jersey with me to put around me during Saturday's game.

Keep moving for me, because I will probably be going slow for the rest of October. Now get back to exercising.

Sleeved now. tired and drugged up .

Sleeved now. tired and drugged up .

Rest up! Hope you're doing well.

Got in another two. 119 total

I did not know whether I was going to make it there. It was so easy just to skip it today. We had come back from a busy day on vacation, lots of driving and tourist stuff in 95 f weather. Sorry, I came from 55 degree weather a few days ago in Seattle and it is consistently 95 f here in AZ this week. I melt when standing in the sun for hour. :) anyways, I felt like wanting to be a slug when i got back. Ever have that feeling and needing to talk yourself into getting your butt to the gym? Lol:)

Anyways, I went...

Warmup : 2 miles running

3 rounds of 10 push-ups, lunges and air squats

25 burpees

WOD 1:

3 rounds for time -

20 man makers @ 20 # (a single rep of man maker is a combination of deadlift, burpee, push-up and left/right dumbell rows)

15 jumping lunges

10 air squats holding 20 # medicine ball

WOD 2:

10 k run (about 55 min - on hill program)

I reaffirmed something about myself today. I need the structure of a prescribed workout in a structured environment to be the best I can be. When working out alone, left to my own devices, motivation and focus wanes; it is easy just to stop rather then pushing to completion, past the point of comfort. Who is able to have a really focused workout when alone? Hints? Maybe someday it will be easier to push self without a nagging voice that says "stop, rest, stop, stop..." :)

Good day today in the gym with the man makers and 10 k run, but I do struggle with motivation from time to time. That is why I need a coach that is motivating me when at cross fit workout at my box. Yelling at me. motivating me to finish. Forgive my ramblings. I just wanted to put these comments out there.

3.2 miles in today. Did a little shopping with the wife. I am so proud of her, she is walking her little hiney off. Tomorrow is a date night for us, I can't wait.

So my total stands at 114.35 miles. As for next month, if ya'll want to do 2 different challenges that is cool with me. I can start the Nov. 100 miles and Butter can start a 50 miler. Sound good?

Let's split off and make a 50 mile challenge so I can stop reading about the fitness freaks (braggers) and their 100 mile warm up before they start their real workout! :P

I suggested that last time but people wanted to keep it together. I think a lot of newbies (like me!) don't sign up for it thinking you have to do 100. I know I thought that initially. Splitting it will get more people to participate, IMHO.

You people are killing me. I wish we could keep it together, but since I'm shooting for 50 next month anyway, if y'all wanna split it up I'll start the 50 miler.

Honestly....I do think we need to split off the WOD crossfit stuff. I do enjoy reading about those WODs, but they need their own thread.

You people are killing me. I wish we could keep it together' date=' but since I'm shooting for 50 next month anyway, if y'all wanna split it up I'll start the 50 miler. Honestly....I do think we need to split off the WOD crossfit stuff. I do enjoy reading about those WODs, but they need their own thread.[/quote']

I'm ok with one thread or two for the running/walking/biking thing. I'm just saying it should clarify upfront they don't have to do 100 to join. Definitely don't want to kill Butter especially since I'm hoping there are more shirtless beach pics to be had :P You know if we split the wods poor fiddle will be posting alone on that thread right? :P Who else is doing crossfit?