Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

I stole all the tootsie rolls out of my kids Halloween stash and ate them...

Hahahaha. This thread is great.

I've eaten tons of things not allowed. But I always make up for it later and it's had no effect on my weight loss. I eat bad things in portion controlled amounts.

Until yesterday when I binged on Cookies. Damn the holidays!!

And I drink sugar free red bulls. My NUT had a field day with that one.

I should confess that I too have had a handful of tater chips/a chocolate bar/managed to get sick on "real" chocolate pudding at a party this week.....but i don't want to confess....i want to eat like a "normal person". I'm not going to allow myself to suffer guilt over food anymore........Oh i'm probably in denial. I'm 7 weeks out of surgery and still trying to figure it out. I mean how bad can i cheat I have so little volume....I had a mcdonalds hash brown this morning....I learned...they make me ill...wont do that again.

I love the story but can anyone tell me what Protein Drink is the best to buy having a hard time finding one that I like??? please help me

This is a fun thread to get resurrected, especially at the holidays. I ate 1 1/2 home made Cookies at the holiday fair on Saturday, and they were so good! I did give away the other 2 1/2, so I wasn't a complete wild woman.

I love the story but can anyone tell me what Protein drink is the best to buy having a hard time finding one that I like??? please help me

Are you looking for powder to make your own or do you prefer the pre-mixed?

Pre-mixed: I like Muscle Milk and Core Power.

Powder: I've really only tried a couple so far that were plant based Protein. Both were a very noticable plant sort of flavor.

I prefer to mix up my own smoothie using either the powder or pre-mixed. I add in things like powdered Peanut Butter, fruit, avocado, spices (cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice), pumpkin, cottage cheese, silken tofu, extracts...the list is very long.

I also drink diet soda, mainly diet dr. pepper, diet coke and coke zero.

popcorn is a huge temptation. The last time I went to the movies I ate half of a large bag of popcorn. Then I was upset with myself so I told myself to throw it away and not take it home. I took it home and devoured the remaining half a couple hours later.

I had a very small glass of egg nog last night. I also ate one white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie.

I drink alcohol far more frequently now than I did before the surgery. My metabolism has changed after surgery and I can tolerate it better now.

The only rule I have broken 7 weeks post op was tgat I went to a concert and had a beer. My surgeon says wait a year post-op to drink. Lol. Only rule I beoke though :) Keeping on pureed foods for 6 weeks wasn't as hard as I thought at all.

I'm 3 weeks post op. I ate a small bite of stuffing at dinner. I'm obviously not supposed to have carbs. Bad Leslie!

I picked all the M&Ms out of a bag of trail mix my husband had in the pantry. I was in heaven!!

I have pretty much eaten one of those large Hershey chocolate bars in the past week dipped in natural peanut butter....AND I ate a couple of handfuls of popcorn yesterday....and I had a half of potato this weekend....

Trying to remember if there is anything else.....nope that should do it! SOOOOO NOT HAPPY about this!

I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow and on Saturday night, I ate half a piece of garlic bread. I confessed to my NUT and PA at my appointment yesterday and they said I should be fine for surgery since I religiously stuck to my diet otherwise, but the memory of the guilt I felt is definitely going to stick in my mind as a reminder to stay the course!

I drink Coke Zero. Through a straw.

b***h!! Coke AND a straw???

Humpffff....Made my bottle of wine last month seem tame. Yep, the whole entire bottle. It was so freaking good I cant even tell you! Had a headache the size of Mount whatever the next morning but it was totally worth it. :-) Don't regret it an will probably do it again in the right circumstances.

But coke AND a straw??....20 Hail Marys for Lipstick Lady!

An entire freaking BOTTLE?!?!? I think you might be the b**tch! Oh mylanta ... I can barely squeak in one glass. I think about my days of drinking a whole bottle with fondness and, yes, a bit of sadness. At this point I am happy I can at least enjoy a glass now and then. {sigh}

I guess I should just curl up and dig in to another ... ahem, I mean A PIECE of cheesecake. Not like I would know how easily it goes down or anything. I mean, it just looks so yummy .....

Thank you for this post. This is the truth. We are not alone and have to deal w this problem. I'm about 6 weeks out and margaritas and Cheetos go down too easy. And other things. Luckily I stop and I forgive myself and tell myself it will be ok and try to get back on the wagon. I've learned to love myself and forgive myself. And that's part of recovery

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App