Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Feed Back....

Jus lookin for some feed back on the sleeve...

I'm 35 an very over weight...

I Jus got approved for the sleeve an will be goin to my first dietitian visit first of three requirements. I'm scared to death.

I have a 13 yr old son who is my world.

I often question myself if I'm makin the right decision in gettin this surgery.

I wanna be healthy because I have already basically robbed my son of the 13 yrs he's been on earth. With me being so over weight. I'm ready. Tired of feeling that this weight problem has had control of me all my life. Time for a positive change. I want this so bad but like I said I'm so scared.... has any one felt scared, happy, excited all in one? Please share your journey an ur thoughts... maybe it even do's an dont's... I really appreciate any feed back.

-Rach

I felt the exact same way going into it and I have kids too. You may get mixed responses on this one because there are some who regret it but I would say that the vast majority here are so very glad they did it. Best piece of advice is to follow exactly what your doctor tells you to do if you go through with it. The hard part is more mental than physical. At the end of the day here, you have to weigh the benefits/risks of getting this surgery vs. staying the way you are. Let the data/evidence provide you with what you need to make a decision and if you aren't ready to make such a big decision yet, that is ok too. All the best to you.

I would guess that most on this forum would admit to being at least a little scared. Heck, I worry every time I board an airplane that it might go down, but I still get on.

Your Dr. Will run a lot of tests to find anything that might cause a problem. Try to relax and think about your new future. You are in good hands, I'm sure.

I felt the exact same way going into it and I have kids too. You may get mixed responses on this one because there are some who regret it but I would say that the vast majority here are so very glad they did it. Best piece of advice is to follow exactly what your doctor tells you to do if you go through with it. The hard part is more mental than physical. At the end of the day here' date=' you have to weigh the benefits/risks of getting this surgery vs. staying the way you are. Let the data/evidence provide you with what you need to make a decision and if you aren't ready to make such a big decision yet, that is ok too. All the best to you.[/quote']

Thank you!!

So u hve had it!?

If so how was it for you?

I would guess that most on this forum would admit to being at least a little scared. Heck' date=' I worry every time I board an airplane that it might go down, but I still get on.

Your Dr. Will run a lot of tests to find anything that might cause a problem. Try to relax and think about your new future. You are in good hands, I'm sure.[/quote']

Thanks.

I agree!

I had my gallbladder removed the 29th of July...(was scared to death) an when I went for the wls seminar I had mentioned to the Dr bout it an his reply was, did u know gallbladder removal has a higher mortality rate then the Sleeve. I bout fell over... lol.

Guess I'm jus a big baby. :/

The only issue I had with the removal was gas pains... was horrible! Which what I read seems to be the biggest complaint with folks on sleeve.

Hi I just had my sleeve done on 9/16 I'm 49 but have dreamed of this for years , I have two sons and a wonderful supportive husband that loves me at any size ... I weighed 261 at 5' 7 I hated my body , thus myself ... I gave tried everything non worked or lasted yes this is drastic and not to be take lightly " your life will change " but I believe I gave made the best decision for myself and family ... I have spent years hiding, and avoiding family pictures , going places because I felt to fat ... I'm done hiding ... You do what your heart tells you

Hi I just had my sleeve done on 9/16 I'm 49 but have dreamed of this for years ' date=' I have two sons and a wonderful supportive husband that loves me at any size ... I weighed 261 at 5' 7 I hated my body , thus myself ... I gave tried everything non worked or lasted yes this is drastic and not to be take lightly " your life will change " but I believe I gave made the best decision for myself and family ... I have spent years hiding, and avoiding family pictures , going places because I felt to fat ... I'm done hiding ... You do what your heart tells you[/quote']

I thank you...

I too feel like u did.

No pictures unless it was from boob line up. :/

Places were a big no no.

I Jus want my life... An to be healthy so I can be here longer for my kid.

Thanks for sharing.

How u feeling???

Yes most of us are afraid.. But this a normal feeling. If there are surgery risks that u may have due to your current health condition..I am sure your dr will discuss this with u. All surgeries do have risks.. But before our sleeve..we r living our lives that is risky..high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol... At least the sleeve gives us a way out to our current health risk.

Yes most of us are afraid.. But this a normal feeling. If there are surgery risks that u may have due to your current health condition..I am sure your dr will discuss this with u. All surgeries do have risks.. But before our sleeve..we r living our lives that is risky..high blood pressure' date=' sleep apnea, high cholesterol... At least the sleeve gives us a way out to our current health risk.[/quote']

Ur right bout the health issues...

I have em all.

Haven't looked at it that way... it is scary.

Thanks for sharing bout that u Jus put it all into perspective.

Like tellin me to WAKE UP!

I Needed that... if I don't do something bout my current health conditions now what else is ther...cuz those will kill me.

I thank you!

I was scared but needed to get health. I really needed this tool. I'm almost 11 mons post op & my only regret is not doing it sooner. I love my sleeve & love that all of my prior medical conditions are gone.

I was scared but needed to get health. I really needed this tool. I'm almost 11 mons post op & my only regret is not doing it sooner. I love my sleeve & love that all of my prior medical conditions are gone.

That is awesome... congratulations!

Do u have pics? How much have u lost? Where did u start? How was ur surgery? Please share :)

Jus lookin for some feed back on the sleeve... I'm 35 an very over weight... I Jus got approved for the sleeve an will be goin to my first dietitian visit first of three requirements. I'm scared to death. I have a 13 yr old son who is my world. I often question myself if I'm makin the right decision in gettin this surgery. I wanna be healthy because I have already basically robbed my son of the 13 yrs he's been on earth. With me being so over weight. I'm ready. Tired of feeling that this weight problem has had control of me all my life. Time for a positive change. I want this so bad but like I said I'm so scared.... has any one felt scared' date=' happy, excited all in one? Please share your journey an ur thoughts... maybe it even do's an dont's... I really appreciate any feed back. -Rach[/quote']

I have a 14yo son and felt the same way as you! It's a process but so worth it.

Like many others here, I am more afraid of what the future holds if I do NOT get the sleeve. My health and mobility are failing fast, and my belly is one big old inflammation machine. I really don't have a choice if I want to have health and longevity. My date will be sometime around Thanksgiving and even though I am fully aware that there will be some inconvenience and discomfort involved, it beats a future of immobility or early demise. Good luck with whatever decision you make, but I encourage you to go bold!

Like many others here' date=' I am more afraid of what the future holds if I do NOT get the sleeve. My health and mobility are failing fast, and my belly is one big old inflammation machine. I really don't have a choice if I want to have health and longevity. My date will be sometime around Thanksgiving and even though I am fully aware that there will be some inconvenience and discomfort involved, it beats a future of immobility or early demise. Good luck with whatever decision you make, but I encourage you to go bold![/quote']

I wish u the best as well...

I don't think I will be backing out...

I will go BOLD!!! :)

If I don't do this I won't be here to see my sons graduation...

Gonna give it to GOD an go BOLD!!!

Thanks for the info!

I have a 14yo son and felt the same way as you! It's a process but so worth it.

How are you doing now?

How much have u lost?