Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Well,

The BandSTAR is going in to have the surgery right now. Wish me luck guys.

I'm at work 6 days post op. Y'all will do great!

Tracy

I woke up today feeling lousy and by the afternoon, I had about 102 fever...I called the surgeon and he told me he could not operate on me tomorrow, because it would be too dangerous. He said that the surgical site would get infected. So I must call in the morning and get a new date. I really hope it can be soon, since I have really worked hard to clear my calendar to get this done.

So bummer for me, I am no longer a March 5th bander.

Mags

Darn it, Mags! I feel your pain. I had the flu last week--chills, fever, diarrhea, etc. It lasted 2 days and I was still weak on the third. Hopefully, yours will be that short lived and you can reschedule soon. That must be so frustrating to be all "primed" and ready for the surgery and then have to postpone. Take it easy and let us know your new date. With wishes for a warm quilt, soft pillow, and some good chicken Soup, Karen

6 days post op

I actually drove myself to work this a.m. and survived the evil seat belt and steering wheel. I'll probably leave here around noonish.

I bent over a LITTLE to far this a.m. in the bathroom at work and nearly shreaked. OH MY GOSH.. The pain in my port.... I guess it pulled on my stitches holding the port in place. That was like an hour ago and I'm still feeling it a little.

My tongue is all messed up, gross and sore too. I"m going to call my dr. about it. I think I noticed it yesterday being sore and today when I got up and looked at it, it's all blotchy. white in spots and ANGRY red in others. Maybe it's the antibiotics or it could be the liquid ibuprophen I'm using. I sure hope it's not the ibuprophen. It's what keeps me going during the day.

:update:

I have never before had this in my life and I'm still not sure how it happened, but it would appear after speaking with my dr, that I have Thrush. Isn't that what babies get? ANYwho, he is calling in a prescription that I will pick up on the way home.

T

Nah, other people can get thrush... Its more likely to occur in someone who has a lowered immune system for one reason or another. Stress due to something, like, I dunno... surgery, could be a reason I suspect. I bet your body was all focused on healing from that and decided not to focus on warding off the yeasty beasties. Hope you feel better soon!

I plan on taking a couple of weeks off. And I work from home! But I'm wimpy.

This is mon. my 12th day on pre-op. I went to do my pre-registration at the hospital this a.m. I have to be there 6:00 a.m. Wed. Getting close guys. I am so ready to get this over. Get the post-op over and resume a "normal" life as a bandster. I can't believe I have stuck to my pre-op diet without ONE cheat! 3-4 Sfast daily. I can only do two. A couple of days I only got in one. one small salad earth grown stuff in it only, and ff dressing, I could substitute it for one Sfast after the third day of diet. SF drinks. That's it. I have lost 13 pounds in 13 days. So far. Hope more is off tomorrow. Think about me wed. See ya.

Char - 03/06

Good Luck!!! :gluck:

Well sugarbear this is it !! I'm so excited for you.. I'm dreading the pre-op diet gonna be tough hehe!!! Good luck to you on wed ill be thinking of ya!!!

huggs!!

blondylocks!!

Hi! I am four days post-op and frankly, I feel great. I had little pain and am back to work. My one problem is that because my stomach will tolerate such small amounts of Fluid, 15-30cc, I have to constantly be concerned about dehydration. I am keeping a log of my fluid intake. I used to be someone who drank large amounts of fluids constantly, now I can't. As a Diet Pepsi addict, I am shocked at how uninteresting it is all of a sudden. I think that is because of the perpetual sense of fullness that I have.

I am finding Water and fitness water great substitutes, even at an ounce at a time. How are all the rest of the March bandsters?

ACK... my mouth is still on fire. I've had four doses of the prescrip stuff so hopefully it will be better by this afternoon.

Back at work today and will probably leave this afternoon when I start to get tired.

I can tell the swelling is starting to go down now cause I'm hungry more often. I had 3 ounces of chicken breast this a.m. then a 15 g Protein Shake around 9 and then a sf Jello a few minutes ago. I forgot to bring my chicken to work so I'll do another drink I guess for lunch plus I brought some kefir probiotic yogurt smoothie stuff too. My mouth is so friggin' tender that just about anything I eat or drink hurts... i think I'm ssssin' my words too. Tongue feel swollen.

Soreness is SLOWLY but surely diminishing each day. I feel like I've been in a wreck every a.m. when I wake up and try to get out of bed. I haven't had any ibuprophen yet today but may break down and take some here in a few minutes.

Surgeon and other fellow bansdters say I should start feeling about normal around Friday. Considering I am one week to the day today from the operation I'm doing GREAT. Driving myself to work and everything.

cf_chicken.gif

Actually, my son had thrush at 17 months and it was so painful that he quit using a baby bottle and never wanted one again. Thrush is not uncommon if you have had antibiotics. They kill the good bacteria (including in the mouth) as well as bad bacteria. Then, other things can grow in the mouth...thrush. Hang in there, give the meds 24-48 hours.

ACK... my mouth is still on fire. I've had four doses of the prescrip stuff so hopefully it will be better by this afternoon.

Back at work today and will probably leave this afternoon when I start to get tired.

I can tell the swelling is starting to go down now cause I'm hungry more often. I had 3 ounces of chicken breast this a.m. then a 15 g Protein Shake around 9 and then a sf Jello a few minutes ago. I forgot to bring my chicken to work so I'll do another drink I guess for lunch plus I brought some kefir probiotic yogurt smoothie stuff too. My mouth is so friggin' tender that just about anything I eat or drink hurts... i think I'm ssssin' my words too. Tongue feel swollen.

Soreness is SLOWLY but surely diminishing each day. I feel like I've been in a wreck every a.m. when I wake up and try to get out of bed. I haven't had any ibuprophen yet today but may break down and take some here in a few minutes.

Surgeon and other fellow bansdters say I should start feeling about normal around Friday. Considering I am one week to the day today from the operation I'm doing GREAT. Driving myself to work and everything.

cf_chicken.gif

Synical:

You are doing FINE! Other than apparently having a sore throat which could have been started and irritated from the breathing tube during surgery, you appear to be doing everything one day ahead of me.

I took off my outter clear adhesive strips today, there is still some little reinforced pieces of tape over all the incision points.

I also did 35 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. I was counting every second.

I need to get my endurance up to 5 miles walking by next week; preparing for the sea world trip to San Diego, california.