Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

everyone does what feels right. Me, I weigh weekly to chart. And the number is just a number. Stay On the program and you will lose fat as fast as you can lose weight.

I weigh almost daily, went to get on the scale this morning and it read error. Stepped back on it and it said 404.4 lbs! I actually kicked it (yesterday I was 204.4) then tried it again and it read 152.... Needless to say I think I need a new battery ;-)

Daily can be aggravating but it works for me. I think at least 1x per week should be mandatory to keep you accountable. Just my opinion.

I weigh daily as well, but it's more out of habit. The real test for me are my clothes. I'm 6 weeks post-op and I have cut my wardrobe drastically!

I switched from daily to weekly (was driving myself bonkers with daily weigh ins). This morning was my first weekly weigh in and I was so anxious last night I could barely sleep. Sounds so silly, but it's the way my mind works!

I'm one of those all or nothing types. Before surgery, I NEVER stepped on a scale unless I was forced to! Now, I like seeing where I am at from day to day and actually have tracked my weight since surgery. It's interesting to see the weight plateaus and losses. When I am in a plateau, I can refer back and see when I should come out of it. For me, it's been a handy tool rather than an obsession.

I weigh every morning. I will do that for ever so I can make sure my weight stays the same.

I weigh daily but chart it with Libra app for Android (there is also a website, physics diet, that allows daily tracking but it's not always working). The app tells me trends, makes predictions and creates pretty charts. I've come to realize that what I lose or don't lose from day to day tells me much less than what happens in a month so I don't stress anymore if nothing changes from Tuesday to Thursday, or if it goes up between Sunday and Monday. I just try to hit my nutritional targets.

My mom and best friend only weigh when they go to the doctor, so that's another strategy that may work better for scale anxiety.

Edited by Danilax

I am carrying Fluid since surgery on 9/16, but weighed myself anyways today and, 13 pounds up, since 9/16. So I will not weigh again until dr. Appt 9/25, hopefully the fluid will be all gone.

I weigh every two weeks. That way I don't get freaked out by little day to day fluctuations, or non-fluctuations.

That said, right now I am following my surgeon's extremely regimented post op plan. I have met my goals every day, and not had even a bite of something off the plan. So I am not worried about whether I am doing something wrong that might be causing me to have less than optimal weight loss.

When I get six months from surgery, I will have more freedom with what I eat. I plan to start weighing daily then, but doing a weekly average and having the weekly average be what I actually record and track on myfitnesspal.

I was 10 days post op before I weighed, and what a wonderful surprise! For me the sleeve was my chance to start my eating lifestyle over..no obsessions, just liberations. I mostly weigh weekly or once every two weeks. I have yet too see a stall and have consistently been less each time I have stepped on the scale. This works at the moment for me :)

I weigh every two weeks. That way I don't get freaked out by little day to day fluctuations, or non-fluctuations.

That said, right now I am following my surgeon's extremely regimented post op plan. I have met my goals every day, and not had even a bite of something off the plan. So I am not worried about whether I am doing something wrong that might be causing me to have less than optimal weight loss.

Love your approach!! Its refreshing

Honestly, I usually weigh daily. I say usually because I'm not home now and haven't been for 2 weeks. Visiting in laws out of state and have no clue if their scale matches mine or not, so I've only weighed 2x since being here. Not sure if I've actually lost but it says I've lost 4 lbs. Like I said not sure if it matches with my scale (u should always weigh on the same scale) so I'm not really counting it

Some r good with daily, weekly, monthly or just at drs appts. Just depends on u. My scale calls my name in the morning and I can't help myself...

I like the every two days, I think I freaked myself out weighing too frequently. I'm pretty sure I'm still loosing because of the way my clothes fit.

I am carrying Fluid since surgery on 9/16' date=' but weighed myself anyways today and, 13 pounds up, since 9/16. So I will not weigh again until dr. Appt 9/25, hopefully the Fluid will be all gone.[/quote']

Yeah that's kind of what happened to me plus a stall. So in that case I feel like weighing becomes a hindrance