Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November buddies where are you?

Meeting with the nutritionist for my last visit (preop/postop Info) next week. I am excited to get all the final Info. Then Nov 12 is right around the corner. Still super nervous but feeling better about everything

November 4th. Hard to believe it's only one month away!

November 4th. Hard to believe it's only one month away!

I don't have a date for surgery yet : ( I have an appt on Monday for psych eval and Doc appt. because of scheduling conflict (his not mine) I also have one more appt on 11/4. I was told that it will only take a few days to get approved so I should be mid to late November!! So excited!

November 13th here! I just got approval yesterday. Good luck to you all!

Yes it is getting close!! 5 weeks from today for me :) I go tomorrow to have my pre op (Opti Fast) diet appointment and to purchase my months worth of shakes $500 worth I really hate to pay that much but it's a requirement. I am excited to start the last part of the journey to surgery. I start the diet on Tuesday I believe so I am sure I will be in here posting and complaining about starving to death lol. Hopefully I won't hurt anyone during the first few days!

How's everyone else doing? Anyone have a 4 week diet like me? I can't wait to see everyone come in and update.

Wow 4 weeks is a long time and the optifiast is quite a financial requirement. Good luck! (mine is 2 weeks and not totally liquid although food is very limited.

I'm scheduled for November 11th' date=' feeling nervous and excited!! I'm having an EDG next Tuesday. It all seemed so far away and now it's coming up fast :)[/quote']

Congratulations...your on your way!

So my surgery is Nov 1st and I started this whole process the end of July. My doctor put me on a low calorie diet and exercise and I have lost 30lbs since. I started out at 249. I had to gain weight to get my BMI to 40 so my insurance would approve the surgery since I have no other problems. Now that I have lost this weight people are telling I should postpone the surgery, that I'm not that heavy and I should try again on my own!!! I am 40 years old and I truly feel like I have tried long enough of yo-yo dieting and I ready to start a new chapter in my life. I'm just wondering if any of you guys still feel like there's still a chance to do this on your own? Or are all of you 100% about this surgery no turning back? I'm excited, nervous and I feel like I'm making the right decision but it's hard when people put their two cents in ;(

So my surgery is Nov 1st and I started this whole process the end of July. My doctor put me on a low calorie diet and exercise and I have lost 30lbs since. I started out at 249. I had to gain weight to get my BMI to 40 so my insurance would approve the surgery since I have no other problems. Now that I have lost this weight people are telling I should postpone the surgery' date=' that I'm not that heavy and I should try again on my own!!! I am 40 years old and I truly feel like I have tried long enough of yo-yo dieting and I ready to start a new chapter in my life. I'm just wondering if any of you guys still feel like there's still a chance to do this on your own? Or are all of you 100% about this surgery no turning back? I'm excited, nervous and I feel like I'm making the right decision but it's hard when people put their two cents in ;([/quote']

I know how you feel. I have feedback from both ends of the spectrum.. Some family and friends are rooting for me and the other half are giving me a million and one reasons why not to do it. But I am firm and there is no turning back!!

I've tried and many times with much success and then before I new it I would gain it all back and then some :(

Last appointment on October 23 with surgeon, nutritionist and physical therapist. It has been a long six months. Paperwork goes in to insurance on that day. I am so anticipating an approval and November surgery date.

P.S. Who cares about turkey it is over rated!!!

My surgery is November 25th and I am so nervous and scared. I have never had surgery before and I do not know what to expect. I am excited about the new chapter this surgery will bring to my life. I cry every time I think about it????

Last appointment on October 23 with surgeon' date=' nutritionist and physical therapist. It has been a long six months. Paperwork goes in to insurance on that day. I am so anticipating an approval and November surgery date.

P.S. Who cares about turkey it is over rated!!![/quote']

I said the same thing..will be on my 2 week preop during thanksgiving...but I on the other hand plan to have a last meal of sorts the Sunday before I start my 2week preop diet that will include a turkey + all the fixings..I'm calling it T day. ;-)

500 dollars WOW! There was no way around that?

No it was actually more. At the appt this morning I found out I start the diet tomorrow instead of next week so I ended up needing 531.00 worth of opti fast. Not real impressed at the moment lol. I'm sure I will feel even better tomorrow night ... Now I won't :)