Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 8-14-13 and lost, then gained, then lost, then gained 4 lbs. HELPPPPP

HI everyone!!! I was sleeved 8-14-13 and weighed 338. When I went in for my first apt with the dr in April I weighed 350. And currently I weigh 323. I am SOOO frustrated and depressed and discouraged...etc. I lost down to 323 at first, then gained to 325, then dropped to 319, now back up to 323. I really just want to sit down and cry. Here is another curveball....I am still breastfeeding a 2 year old. So I am not sure how that is affecting things. It is just so hard knowing I have so much to lose, but am not losing much. I have had to go to the ER 2 x and get fluids for dehydration. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Hydration is key to losing. You need to make sure you get your Water. My doctor said make water the priority and Protein next.

I did the same thing. My surgery was 8/8/13. Lost a lot the first 2 weeks, then stopped. Went up and down for 2 weeks and finally today it seems like it is headed down again. Check your measurements. Even though I wasn't losing pounds, I was losing inches. Drink your water.....it is hard, but helps flush out the fat and toxins in your body.

HI everyone!!! I was sleeved 8-14-13 and weighed 338. When I went in for my first apt with the dr in April I weighed 350. And currently I weigh 323. I am SOOO frustrated and depressed and discouraged...etc. I lost down to 323 at first' date=' then gained to 325, then dropped to 319, now back up to 323. I really just want to sit down and cry. Here is another curveball....I am still breastfeeding a 2 year old. So I am not sure how that is affecting things. It is just so hard knowing I have so much to lose, but am not losing much. I have had to go to the ER 2 x and get fluids for dehydration. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!![/quote']

I had surgery on the same day...on the day of surgery, I was 302, one week post op I was 288. Two weeks post op, I was 283. Week 3 to now I've gone up to 288.....I'm not cheating on my diet, I get close to 100oz of Water everyday! And close to 90 grams of Protein....

I'm kind of worried too, I'm seeing my nutritionist on the 19th and surgeon on the 23rd, hopefully they can help me. I'm thinking i'm doing something wrong. I track my food, about 700-800 calories day. No carbs, I really just eat fish, shrimp, rarely chicken, egg whites, oatmeal, and cheese.

I don't know what the heck is going on but sorry you're going through it too.

HI everyone!!! I was sleeved 8-14-13 and weighed 338. When I went in for my first apt with the dr in April I weighed 350. And currently I weigh 323. I am SOOO frustrated and depressed and discouraged...etc. I lost down to 323 at first, then gained to 325, then dropped to 319, now back up to 323. I really just want to sit down and cry. Here is another curveball....I am still breastfeeding a 2 year old. So I am not sure how that is affecting things. It is just so hard knowing I have so much to lose, but am not losing much. I have had to go to the ER 2 x and get fluids for dehydration. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

The same thing has been happening to me! I was sleeved August 3. I lost 24 pounds right away, then it all came to a stop! I would gain 1/2 pound, then lose 1/2 pound, now I am up from 203 to 205! I am only eating about 300-400 calories a day and drinking all the fluids. I can't force myself to eat more or I get sick. I started walking 3 weeks ago, but it isn't doing any good at making my weight go down. I am following Atkins diet only eating protien and soft vegetables. I am watching carb intake to keep it down. I am so frustrated with this. It's been almost 3 weeks since I lost any weight. Please let me know what your nutritionist tells you. Best of luck.

I was sleeved on 8/16 and I am having a similar experience. While I agree that it is frustrating, I think it is completely normal. While the big losses in the beginning are great, they do not typically continue indefinitely. Your body is healing and changing. It tries its best to hold onto weight because it hates you (really because it thinks theres a famine lurking behind every corner). If you are eating good things, drinking enough Water, and sleeping (this is my problem) the weight loss will start again. I think it is easy to get discouraged when you look at these boards and see people that have lost 250 lbs in 3 months, but you dont know their weekly breakdowns. Im pretty sure when you go to see your nutritionist she wont be worried about it, but will be excited about your total loss since surgery, I believe this is how they gauge progress. My aunt went to to the nutritionist yesterday and she has lost 19 lbs since surgery, they were proud of her. I have lost 26 lbs since surgery but keep going between 292 and 293, I dont go back to the Dr. until 10/15, irrespective of the fact that I would like to be at goal already, Im fairly confident that I will have lost additional weight by then (even if I have to resort to cutting some of it off) I will feel that I should have lost more, and the nutritionist will think that Im doing great. I think most of us have been fat for so long that we want to be skinny yesterday and thats just not how it works, unfortunately. Also I have noticed that for whatever reason my body likes to be around 295 lbs. Its not my preference, but I always get stuck right around this weight for a point when I am losing weight. It doesnt matter if I exercise, It doesnt matter if I eat 200 calories a day, I just get stuck, but eventually, if I dont give up, I get past it. You will too, and 6 mths from now youll be down 300 lbs and we wont be able to get you to stop posting risque photos

I was sleeved on 8/16 and I am having a similar experience. While I agree that it is frustrating' date=' I think it is completely normal. While the big losses in the beginning are great, they do not typically continue indefinitely. Your body is healing and changing. It tries its best to hold onto weight because it hates you (really because it thinks theres a famine lurking behind every corner). If you are eating good things, drinking enough Water, and sleeping (this is my problem) the weight loss will start again. I think it is easy to get discouraged when you look at these boards and see people that have lost 250 lbs in 3 months, but you dont know their weekly breakdowns. Im pretty sure when you go to see your nutritionist she wont be worried about it, but will be excited about your total loss since surgery, I believe this is how they gauge progress. My aunt went to to the nutritionist yesterday and she has lost 19 lbs since surgery, they were proud of her. I have lost 26 lbs since surgery but keep going between 292 and 293, I dont go back to the Dr. until 10/15, irrespective of the fact that I would like to be at goal already, Im fairly confident that I will have lost additional weight by then (even if I have to resort to cutting some of it off) I will feel that I should have lost more, and the nutritionist will think that Im doing great. I think most of us have been fat for so long that we want to be skinny yesterday and thats just not how it works, unfortunately. Also I have noticed that for whatever reason my body likes to be around 295 lbs. Its not my preference, but I always get stuck right around this weight for a point when I am losing weight. It doesnt matter if I exercise, It doesnt matter if I eat 200 calories a day, I just get stuck, but eventually, if I dont give up, I get past it. You will too, and 6 mths from now youll be down 300 lbs and we wont be able to get you to stop posting risque photos[/quote']

You're right, I'm sure it'll be fine, but just incase something is wrong, I would like to correct it early out. I didn't think this was even possible...I honestly felt like an alien because I'm the only person I know (other than the people on this thread) that gains weight after having 80% of my stomach removed.

On my supervised diet, I averaged a monthly loss of 13.6 pounds....14 pounds in one month post op....there's no difference and 80% of my stomach is gone. I'm sure the stomach had to have weighed something!! So I really feel like I didn't lose anything. So I feel like something has to be wrong so I would like to correct it.