Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August sleevers progress

Progress so far... Hmm...

Sleeved 8/20

SW-307

CW-255

Struggling with getting my Water in daily and sick and tired of Protein Shakes ...

Do you drink coffee? if so adding a scoop of Protein Powder to it flavored or not works for me. Or there is chike Protein coffee that is yummy I think. I add a scoop to my coffee. (GG got me hooked on that stuff) :)

I was allowed to start solid foods at 6 weeks. I however last night just over 3 months tryd raw veggies. Happy to report no issues. I had a chicken lettuce wrap with cucumbers, sweet peppers, onions and Tomato. Lordy I missed my raw veggies. Sigh. When can you eat solids again?

I don't know- I go for my 3 month check-up dec. 12th; I'll find out then- it's so interesting how everyone's doctors orders vary; really trying to stick to them- but I'm doing horrible with the exercise- have only exercised a couple of times since the surgery-

For sure follow your surgeons guide lines. :) but your right it's strange how they very so much.

I walked a lot my first two months. kinda petered out the last 3 weeks and can really tell with the loss slowing way down. Just started again sigh thinking I need to start trying the gym. hmmm ;)

Thanks for all the great posts. I was sleeved 8/7/13 my starting weight was 384 and my current weight is 312. I feel great and I have so much energy but I feel my old eating habits creeping in and I want to nip it in the bud right away. I got a fitbit and started tracking my steps. I have also started tracking everything I put in my mouth. Doing a mental tracking is easy for me to keep track of Protein but not total cals. So I have become friends with my fitness pal app again. I have been stalled the last 2-3 wks.

Joe

So how much is everyone eating portion wise 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or a cup per meal?

So how much is everyone eating portion wise 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or a cup per meal?

For me that depends on what it is. Soft, ground up things like ground beef, refried Beans, shrimp, fish, lobster, I can eat 3 ounces. Same with yogurt and cottage cheese where I can do 4-5 oz. But chicken, pork, beef stew meat etc? Lucky if I can get in 2 ounces.

That's about where I'm at. It's harder now that I've been told to up my calories. Its a struggle. It puts me in a whole new food area.

I also am feeling way more hungrier today. Like I cant get enough to eat. Still only a 1/2 cup of soup's and soft stuff but I feel like I need to eat more often.

I think I had to many carbs and It has had a negative effect.

Upping my calories has me upping my carbs it seems.mmm

Could be TOM??

That's about where I'm at. It's harder now that I've been told to up my calories. Its a struggle. It puts me in a whole new food area. I also am feeling way more hungrier today. Like I cant get enough to eat. Still only a 1/2 cup of soup's and soft stuff but I feel like I need to eat more often. I think I had to many carbs and It has had a negative effect. Upping my calories has me upping my carbs it seems.mmm Could be TOM??

It's going to be TOM for me too and I'm feeling the hunger creep up slowly. Can you increase fat and Protein more? Did they say why you need to increase calories at this point?

That's about where I'm at. It's harder now that I've been told to up my calories. Its a struggle. It puts me in a whole new food area. I also am feeling way more hungrier today. Like I cant get enough to eat. Still only a 1/2 cup of soup's and soft stuff but I feel like I need to eat more often. I think I had to many carbs and It has had a negative effect. Upping my calories has me upping my carbs it seems.mmm Could be TOM??

It's going to be TOM for me too and I'm feeling the hunger creep up slowly. Can you increase fat and Protein more? Did they say why you need to increase calories at this point?

I'm assuming I can increase all. They said at my 3 month apt that I was way to low at 700 calories and needed to be around 1000. So I'm trying to up it but seems upping comes with more carbs ect....

My day tomorrow looks pretty good carb wise but I have to sit and mess with it to get the cal and carbs where I wanna be.

However upping my cals so far had broke me outta the week and half stall I was in. :)

It's going to be TOM for me too and I'm feeling the hunger creep up slowly. Can you increase fat and Protein more? Did they say why you need to increase calories at this point?</blockquote> I'm assuming I can increase all. They said at my 3 month apt that I was way to low at 700 calories and needed to be around 1000. So I'm trying to up it but seems upping comes with more carbs ect.... My day tomorrow looks pretty good carb wise but I have to sit and mess with it to get the cal and carbs where I wanna be. However upping my cals so far had broke me outta the week and half stall I was in. :)

I'm at 3 months and 700 calories too. Hmmm maybe time to write to my doctor and ask :)

I'm at 3 months and 700 calories too. Hmmm maybe time to write to my doctor and ask :)

She said something to the effect that at that low of calories it's hard for our body's to sustain that few calories and loose weight. Possible that our body's will get to that starvation mode if we hold that few for so long.

She liked it to doing p90x. Said its great and works but you cant do it forever. It's just not possible for out body to keep doing that routine daily and function correctly. That even the trainer has to incorporate other actives or he couldn't sustain that amount of cal burn or body. Does that make since?

I understand but dang it brings me to a whole new food area and I'm comfortable here. Which is probably why I need to move on and keep learning. :)

I'm at 3 months and 700 calories too. Hmmm maybe time to write to my doctor and ask :) She said something to the effect that at that low of calories it's hard for our body's to sustain that few calories and loose weight. Possible that our body's will get to that starvation mode if we hold that few for so long. She liked it to doing p90x. Said its great and works but you cant do it forever. It's just not possible for out body to keep doing that routine daily and function correctly. That even the trainer has to incorporate other actives or he couldn't sustain that amount of cal burn or body. Does that make since? I understand but dang it brings me to a whole new food area and I'm comfortable here. Which is probably why I need to move on and keep learning. :)

I think the way for me to do it maybe to increase 100 calories a week until I hit 1000 if I have to do that. Going from 700-1000 overnight feels impossible, doesn't it?

Yes please do ask. I'm interested in knowing there advice for you :)

Interesting conversations!

I was sleeved 8/26- and gained two pounds over the last week-

I'm feeling a lot more hunger now and though I've been exercising I haven't gotten rid of those 2 pounds!

I wonder if I have to up my calories; I'm at about 700-800 cal/day-

I find myself being able to eat more than what I think I should be eating- at least more than what others talk about on the thread and it worries me-

This is a journey of trial and error for sure!

I think the way for me to do it maybe to increase 100 calories a week until I hit 1000 if I have to do that. Going from 700-1000 overnight feels impossible, doesn't it?

Ya That was my idea. But even that's hhhhard lol its probably mental. I cant seem to wrap my head around upping my calorie intake to lose weight. Goes against everything I have ever done. LOL But it seemed to work so far.

Interesting conversations! I was sleeved 8/26- and gained two pounds over the last week- I'm feeling a lot more hunger now and though I've been exercising I haven't gotten rid of those 2 pounds! I wonder if I have to up my calories; I'm at about 700-800 cal/day- I find myself being able to eat more than what I think I should be eating- at least more than what others talk about on the thread and it worries me- This is a journey of trial and error for sure!

Maybe it's just a sign you're healing faster than some others? We all know our eating capacity is going to go up once the swelling subsides. Maybe yours is subsiding. As long as you are not eating junk, and eating Protein first etc, maybe that's okay?