Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August sleevers progress

That's just how much I eat. well cept for today. :) always 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with sf jam. :) meat I could get 3-4 oz depending.

This conversation makes me a little nervous. I feel like I can eat a lot more than you gals. I can eat about 3-4 oz. of shredded chicken, ground beef, etc. with no issues at all. I'm not overly-stuffed afterwards, but comfortable. I think I have one of those "sleeves of steel" I read about on here. I have tried pretty much everything and haven't had any issues so far. The good news is my hunger hasn't really returned yet, so I just measure out my 3 oz. and eat them throughout the day as scheduled.

I use FatSecret to track, but may switch over to MFP so I can follow you guys and see what your intake is like. I worry I'm getting in too many calories throughout the day (range from 700-1,000 depending on what I eat and how hard I work out). I'm down about 70 pounds since surgery on 8/15. I do fall off the wagon here and there (the last 4 days being a prime example). Luckily they are far and few between, but would like to try and cut out these "episodes" entirely.

stop worrying. did you read the part where you said you've lost 70 lbs since surgery?? Stop worrying. Your sleeve is probably healing faster than some of ours. You're doing GREAT.

This conversation makes me a little nervous. I feel like I can eat a lot more than you gals. I can eat about 3-4 oz. of shredded chicken, ground beef, etc. with no issues at all. I'm not overly-stuffed afterwards, but comfortable. I think I have one of those "sleeves of steel" I read about on here. I have tried pretty much everything and haven't had any issues so far. The good news is my hunger hasn't really returned yet, so I just measure out my 3 oz. and eat them throughout the day as scheduled.

I use FatSecret to track, but may switch over to MFP so I can follow you guys and see what your intake is like. I worry I'm getting in too many calories throughout the day (range from 700-1,000 depending on what I eat and how hard I work out). I'm down about 70 pounds since surgery on 8/15. I do fall off the wagon here and there (the last 4 days being a prime example). Luckily they are far and few between, but would like to try and cut out these "episodes" entirely.

Oh I can eat 3 to 4 oz of taco meat with cheese or shredded chicken too. I've even tryd to fit 3 oz on a tiny freaking taco shell :( most fell out sigh. But I feel the same way, that I eat more. But being ob mfp I get to see how others are eating. I'm pushing for more cals now. Which is weird tryn to figure out new foods to eat at the same meal size I've been eating but not tryn to stuff myself by eating more than u can handle. See my dilemma? :)

This conversation makes me a little nervous. I feel like I can eat a lot more than you gals. I can eat about 3-4 oz. of shredded chicken, ground beef, etc. with no issues at all. I'm not overly-stuffed afterwards, but comfortable. I think I have one of those "sleeves of steel" I read about on here. I have tried pretty much everything and haven't had any issues so far. The good news is my hunger hasn't really returned yet, so I just measure out my 3 oz. and eat them throughout the day as scheduled. I use FatSecret to track, but may switch over to MFP so I can follow you guys and see what your intake is like. I worry I'm getting in too many calories throughout the day (range from 700-1,000 depending on what I eat and how hard I work out). I'm down about 70 pounds since surgery on 8/15. I do fall off the wagon here and there (the last 4 days being a prime example). Luckily they are far and few between, but would like to try and cut out these "episodes" entirely.</blockquote> stop worrying. did you read the part where you said you've lost 70 lbs since surgery?? Stop worrying. Your sleeve is probably healing faster than some of ours. You're doing GREAT.

Hey GG! I am SO happy about the weight loss absolutely! I just want to try and nip some of these "food demons" in the bud. I'm lucky in that I can drop weight pretty quickly, but I am very susceptible to self sabotage and can undo 2 weeks worth of work in one weekend. Exhibit A: this weekend. I got on the scale this morning after a fun filled 4 days of food and booze. I am up 4 pounds since Thursday. Now, I usually only weigh weekly but I wanted to try and scare myself. It worked. Historically this has been my MO and trying to break this cycle is ultimately by goal from this whole journey.

This conversation makes me a little nervous. I feel like I can eat a lot more than you gals. I can eat about 3-4 oz. of shredded chicken, ground beef, etc. with no issues at all. I'm not overly-stuffed afterwards, but comfortable. I think I have one of those "sleeves of steel" I read about on here. I have tried pretty much everything and haven't had any issues so far. The good news is my hunger hasn't really returned yet, so I just measure out my 3 oz. and eat them throughout the day as scheduled. I use FatSecret to track, but may switch over to MFP so I can follow you guys and see what your intake is like. I worry I'm getting in too many calories throughout the day (range from 700-1,000 depending on what I eat and how hard I work out). I'm down about 70 pounds since surgery on 8/15. I do fall off the wagon here and there (the last 4 days being a prime example). Luckily they are far and few between, but would like to try and cut out these "episodes" entirely.</blockquote> stop worrying. did you read the part where you said you've lost 70 lbs since surgery?? Stop worrying. Your sleeve is probably healing faster than some of ours. You're doing GREAT.

Hey GG! I am SO happy about the weight loss absolutely! I just want to try and nip some of these "food demons" in the bud. I'm lucky in that I can drop weight pretty quickly, but I am very susceptible to self sabotage and can undo 2 weeks worth of work in one weekend. Exhibit A: this weekend. I got on the scale this morning after a fun filled 4 days of food and booze. I am up 4 pounds since Thursday. Now, I usually only weigh weekly but I wanted to try and scare myself. It worked. Historically this has been my MO and trying to break this cycle is ultimately by goal from this whole journey.

that makes a ton of sense. good for you for finding a way to deal with a recurring bad habit from the past.

Okay so I heard back from the doctor's coordinator about adding calories, and this is what she said:

"At this point in time, I would perhaps bump up your calories by 200 or so, this will keep the weight loss going as the body does tend to feel like you are starving it and it won't let go of the weight and you do need the calories to fuel your body... your Protein intake and carb levels are good. You may see a difference in how you feel and the weight loss by adding in those few more calories."

So I guess I have to bump up to 900 calories too, and today is 4 months out. The simplest way would be to add a bar or a third shake but that doesn't seem right. Sophiepants, I see your dilemma :)

Sophie and GG, I started adding a green shake to my morning routine. It ranges from 200-250 depending on what I put in it. I figure it's all those good nutrients I was missing out on for the first 3 months, so I don't mind these particular extra calories. Might be worth a shot to help you guys bump up your cals?

3/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk

1/2 scoop Protein Powder (I use "About Time" because I feel it's a lot cleaner than some options out there)

2 tbsp. ground flax seed

1/3 banana

2 tbsp. Powdered PB (I like Just Great Stuff)

2-3 frozen strawberries

1 scoop Amazing Grass Superfood powder

Handful of baby spinach

It makes a pretty big drink so takes me quite a while to finish it but always keeps me full for hours. I find the banana really overpowers everything, so it's not too bad.

Mkak... How's the carbs on that shake? I'm game to try but I'm a carb freak lately :)

Okay so I heard back from the doctor's coordinator about adding calories, and this is what she said:

"At this point in time, I would perhaps bump up your calories by 200 or so, this will keep the weight loss going as the body does tend to feel like you are starving it and it won't let go of the weight and you do need the calories to fuel your body... your Protein intake and carb levels are good. You may see a difference in how you feel and the weight loss by adding in those few more calories."

So I guess I have to bump up to 900 calories too, and today is 4 months out. The simplest way would be to add a bar or a third shake but that doesn't seem right. Sophiepants, I see your dilemma :)

We can do this lady!!!

It's like you just get comfy at a place and have to change it up. But this is our learning process and I think we got this!! :)

Okay so I heard back from the doctor's coordinator about adding calories, and this is what she said: "At this point in time, I would perhaps bump up your calories by 200 or so, this will keep the weight loss going as the body does tend to feel like you are starving it and it won't let go of the weight and you do need the calories to fuel your body... your Protein intake and carb levels are good. You may see a difference in how you feel and the weight loss by adding in those few more calories." So I guess I have to bump up to 900 calories too, and today is 4 months out. The simplest way would be to add a bar or a third shake but that doesn't seem right. Sophiepants, I see your dilemma :)

How many carbs and protein are you getting in? I haven't been tracking as closely as I should so I'm wondering what others are doing?? Thanks!

How many carbs and Protein are you getting in? I haven't been tracking as closely as I should so I'm wondering what others are doing?? Thanks!

I'm a little higher carb than GG but it's working for me so far.

I'm increasing my cals so I'm sitting at...

900 Calories

50 Carbs

I try to keep under the carbs but meh some times it creeps over :)

<br> This conversation makes me a little nervous. I feel like I can eat a lot more than you gals. I can eat about 3-4 oz. of shredded chicken, ground beef, etc. with no issues at all. I'm not overly-stuffed afterwards, but comfortable. I think I have one of those "sleeves of steel" I read about on here. I have tried pretty much everything and haven't had any issues so far. The good news is my hunger hasn't really returned yet, so I just measure out my 3 oz. and eat them throughout the day as scheduled. <br><br> I use FatSecret to track, but may switch over to MFP so I can follow you guys and see what your intake is like. I worry I'm getting in too many calories throughout the day (range from 700-1,000 depending on what I eat and how hard I work out). I'm down about 70 pounds since surgery on 8/15. I do fall off the wagon here and there (the last 4 days being a prime example). Luckily they are far and few between, but would like to try and cut out these "episodes" entirely.

I can also eat 3-4 oz of Protein. If I add in a veggie to my meal (usually dinner) it weighs about 4.5 oz. total. And I can eat ANYTHING. that's good, but bad. I'm down 40 with 40 to go, so it's slow, but I'd rather have a Sleeve of Steel than have the hard time others do. :)

I am 4 months out with a total of 60 lbs lost.

surgery was 8/8/13

HW 230

SW 216

CW 170

GW 135

seeing a big difference.

NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE Hair loss

I had thin hair before and now its just aweful..Hopefully it stops falling out soon.

I am 4 months out with a total of 60 lbs lost. surgery was 8/8/13 HW 230 SW 216 CW 170 GW 135 seeing a big difference. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE Hair loss I had thin hair before and now its just aweful..Hopefully it stops falling out soon.

I'm the same way. Looking into getting extensions so i don't look totally bald

Mkak... How's the carbs on that shake? I'm game to try but I'm a carb freak lately :)

My software is saying 29.7, so it's pretty carb heavy. You can shave off 10 by omitting the PB2 and ground flax though.

My software is saying 29.7, so it's pretty carb heavy. You can shave off 10 by omitting the PB2 and ground flax though.

I'm guessing most of that flax carb is Fiber though right? It's the banana that's killing it, but without the banana, no one would want to drink it! Oh these dilemmas :)