Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose Skin? How soon did you notice loose skin?

I'm 10 weeks post op (down 45 lbs) and have started to notice that my breasts have relocated to a new position (you can assume that they haven't moved up my chest). I have also noticed that I have a little sagging in my arms and my belly looks like it did just after giving birth (deflated balloon). How soon after having surgery did you notice loose skin?

I noticed it a lot more within 10lbs of my goal. Overall its not too bad though and I do believe its gradually firming up a bit more now. Strength training has helped a lot.

*10 months out & at goal. 110lbs lost.

I noticed it a lot more within 10lbs of my goal. Overall its not too bad though and I do believe its gradually firming up a bit more now. Strength training has helped a lot.

*10 months out & at goal. 110lbs lost.

WOW! congratulations on the weight loss. You must feel amazing.

Mine isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

my Skin SUX! 9months out and 1 lb from goal. I feel GREAT in Clothes, but naked is another story. I hope it firms up a bit.

I'm 6lbs from surgeons goal and 16 from mine. My skin isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than what I expected. I still want a Tummy Tuck (but I've had 2 kids and would probably need it just from them).

my Skin SUX! 9months out and 1 lb from goal. I feel GREAT in Clothes, but naked is another story. I hope it firms up a bit.

That's wonderful that you reached your goal in just nine months. Were you doing anything special or different, to keep loosing at a steady pace

I'm 6lbs from surgeons goal and 16 from mine. My skin isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than what I expected. I still want a Tummy Tuck (but I've had 2 kids and would probably need it just from them).

Did you work out a lot to avoid having so much skin.

Did you work out a lot to avoid having so much skin.

I could lie and say yes of course, but in all honesty no. I walk a lot and I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids- so I'm running around a lot just with that. I just joined a gym last week :).

I'm also a stay at home mom with three kids so I know how busy they can keep you lol. Wonderful job!! I can't wait to get there.

I'm also a stay at home mom with three kids so I know how busy they can keep you lol. Wonderful job!! I can't wait to get there.

Yay! Someone else that knows my insanity :). I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey going forward!!!!

That's wonderful that you reached your goal in just nine months. Were you doing anything special or different, to keep loosing at a steady pace

just doing the Protein Shakes and low carb, and Lots of Exercise...I feel lucky and still not even hungry 9months out.

Pictures please how can we tell? LOL

Here are a couple pictures to demonstrate the skin. My thighs are pretty awesome all things considering.

post-44833-13813669748358_thumb.jpg

post-44833-13813669749151_thumb.jpg

post-44833-13813669749897_thumb.jpg

Here's mine after 110lbs lost and post baby. Pretty minimal on stomach - wee bit on arms and thighs but still tightening up. Boobs whole other story! But I think thats from breastfeeding more than anything.

[ATTACH]18162[/ATTACH]

post-44285-13813669750622_thumb.png