Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obama...first african american...would you vote for him?????

gadgetlady: Gore isn't a bad person, like Rush Limbaugh is. I'll bite. In what category did Rush get nominated for a Nobel Prize? Journalism?

I don't think Rush is a bad person, and I think Gore is an idiot. I don't feel like discussing it, though, because I know we will continue to disagree and I don't have the energy for it.

He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20070201/pl_usnw/landmark_legal_foundation_nominates_rush_limbaugh_for2007_nobel_peace_prize

I personally think Rush is one of the most racist, homophobic, misogynistic assholes in media. Did you hear about his "HALFrican-American" comment about Obama?

OU: I think Al Franken is hilarious. I imagine you think Rush is funny. Al saw a need, jumped in and did what somebody needed to do. People were actually believing most of the venom that Rush was spewing. I have heard Rush tell bald faced lies. And say them with conviction. He and Courtney Love have a lot in common.

Gadgetlady: I don't want to argue about it either, but I am definitely curious, can you tell me something that Rush Limbaugh has done to deserve the Nobel Prize for Peace? (This should be interesting!)

Its funny (and I mean that very respectfully) how people see things differently. I see Al as an arrogant jerk and very scary. I think he is very smart and like you said he filled a need. And the fact that he is running for Senate (I heard he was almost sure, but its not official from the last I heard) scares the life out of me :) Just a Hmmm moment. Thanks for your candor.

OU: I think Al Franken is hilarious. I imagine you think Rush is funny. Al saw a need, jumped in and did what somebody needed to do. People were actually believing most of the venom that Rush was spewing. I have heard Rush tell bald faced lies. And say them with conviction. He and Courtney Love have a lot in common.

Gadgetlady: I don't want to argue about it either, but I am definitely curious, can you tell me something that Rush Limbaugh has done to deserve the Nobel Prize for Peace? (This should be interesting!)

Well, I didn't nominate him, but here's what the foundation that did nominate him said (from the link I posted above):

Landmark Legal Foundation herewith submits the name of Rush Limbaugh as an unsolicited nomination for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.

We are offering this nomination for Mr. Limbaugh's nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all mankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. We fervently believe that these are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout the world.

Rush Limbaugh is a nationally syndicated radio talk show host in the United States and one of the most popular broadcasters in the world. His daily radio show is heard on more than 600 radio stations in the United States and around the world. For 18 years he has used his show to become the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the world today. Everyday he gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law -- and it is fitting the Nobel Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a truly peaceful world for future generations.

It's all about perspective. I feel the same way about Al Franken that you do about Rush. I also happen to love Ann Coulter. She cracks me up.

OU: I appreciate your candor too.

I would completely freak out if Rush ran for Senate, so I can certainly understand your reaction to the possibility of Al Franken running.

You're right, we're looking at each of them from opposite ends of the spectrum. Neither of them possibly in a perfect world, should be in government. However this is far from a perfect world and there are some folks who are and have been in Congress who are much worse than Al Franken.

Actually, to tell the truth I think people like them and Newt are easier to deal with than some of the sneaky you-know-whats who say whatever they think people want to hear, but behind the scenes they pull all kinds of shady shennanigans. At least with these outspoken types, we voters pretty much know what we're getting.

You're right, we're looking at each of them from opposite ends of the spectrum. Neither of them possibly in a perfect world, should be in government. However this is far from a perfect world and there are some folks who are and have been in Congress who are much worse than Al Franken.

Amen. That we can agree on :)

gadgetlady: Thanks, that explains that.

As for Ann Coulter, I get the creeps when I see her name in print, much less hear her voice. She and Rush should hook up. They've just got to love the ground each other walks on.

When Ann Coulter first started out, I thought she was a very attractive young lady. The longer the hateful stuff in her head came tumbling out in shocking sound bytes, the uglier she became. Now I find her looks and demeanor to be incredibly revolting. But lets face it, she made a name for herself and got her mug on TV, I'm glad she's the one who actually has to sleep with herself, not me.

gadgetlady: Thanks, that explains that.

As for Ann Coulter, I get the creeps when I see her name in print, much less hear her voice. She and Rush should hook up. "

That definitely would be a marriage made in hell. Has it ever been proven that she is female or for that matter, human?

I personally think Rush is one of the most racist, homophobic, misogynistic assholes in media. Did you hear about his "HALFrican-American" comment about Obama?

You are a hundred and one per cent right. Do you remembe what that slimeball said about Chelsea Clinton when she was a kid? He should have been banned from the airwaves for that. Totally despicable.

For those so againt Rush, what are your feelings about Al Franken?

I like Al Franken, he is an honest and smart man. I think he will do a good job if he runs and wins. Yes, he is outspoken and tells it like it is.

something that Rush Limbaugh has done to deserve the Nobel Prize for Peace? (This should be interesting!)

This Landmark Legal Foundation is a right wing organization, with one of the funders being the Scaife family and has ties to Ken Starr.

One of their agendas is for public school funds be used for private schools.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Landmark_Legal_Foundation

I still haven't figured out what Limbaugh has done that could possibly be interrupted as a Quest for peace.

This Landmark Legal Foundation is a right wing organization

Surprise, surprise. Did you think a left-wing organization would nominate him? Do you think right-wingers nominated Gore? :faint:

One of their agendas is for public school funds be used for private schools.

Personally, I believe public school funds should be used for private schools.