Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obama...first african american...would you vote for him?????

I think the majority of Americans (white and black) DO place race as a deciding factor in choosing their candidate and choosing alot of other things in their lives! Sometimes subconsciously!

I think the majority of Americans (white and black) DO place race as a deciding factor in choosing their candidate and choosing alot of other things in their lives! Sometimes subconsciously!

And many times very overtly.

It is no accident that there are many code words that racists use. Many good people do not understand the objections to phrases like:

Family Values

Neighborhood Values

Law & Order

I think Obama is running too soon, and Colin Powell has left it to late. Obama doesn't have enough experience, and Powell lost his integrity to the Bush administration.

That said, I would vote for Obama. And I would have voted for Powell, if he had had the balls to run when he should have. Instead of kowtowing to the idiot cowboy we got saddled with.

I don't think Hillary will ever have a chance in hell. America might be ready for a black president, but I don't think they're ready for a female president. Vice-President, maybe. An Obama-Clinton ticket would be very interesting.

McCain, unfortunately, is too much under the control of the Bush administration. I don't know what they have on him, but time and again, he's put aside his personal beliefs to dance to their tune. And anyone with the GOP hand that far up his butt - I don't trust him to stand up to the neocons. Which is unfortunate. If he had shown more independence from the party line, and stayed true to his own ethics, rather than shucking them to do a song and dance for the GOP, I would have voted for him. But no more.

Howard Dean is bombastic, but I like him. I still like Al Gore. I think Kerry shot himself in the foot, as far as running again, by being such a spineless coward when he lost. He SAID he would fight it, if the election results looked fraudulent. America was ready to back him on that fight. And instead, he bowed out with a whimper.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Bush and Cheney being tried and executed for war crimes and Pelosi becoming President. Now that would be something!

Exactly, I completely agree...

Barak needs more experience, but I think he'd make a great future ticket. I too think a Clinton/Obama ticket would be good.

I think that would be the greatest combination and then in 8 years he will be ready to lead. I really don't care what shade of color he is, I like him and think he is going to high places.

Mary

Did you notice the huge swing in the polls when the ads showing the white women (who was made to appear as if she might be nude) saying "call me Harold" were played on TV in the Tennessee Senate race?

I thought that ad was totally disgusting and should have immediately been removed and the sponsors censored. That kind of tripe doesn't belong in government.

Mary

Did you notice the huge swing in the polls when the ads showing the white women (who was made to appear as if she might be nude) saying "call me Harold" were played on TV in the Tennessee Senate race?
I thought that ad was totally disgusting and should have immediately been removed and the sponsors censored. That kind of tripe doesn't belong in government.

Mary

It was removed, but then the media showed it over and over again, pretending to be disgusted at its content and implication.

The USA will be the country that it pretends to be when an ad like that will have only the effect of dropping the person who put it on TV further down in the polls.

If the Republicans can beat John Kerry and Al Gore, they can sure beat Hillary and Obama.

John McCain could never be elected to the presidency without conventional Republican backing and support. He will always have that master's hand up his butt. That's why voting Republican or Democratic is important, no matter how much people would like to believe to the contrary.

Bjean.....it Was True Before But After The Last 8 Yrs Of Bush, I Truely Belive Obama/clinton Will Make It Over Rep.

ladydi: I sure hope you're right!! Obama has made such a strong stand right here in the beginning, don't be surprised if one of the conventional Demos who has paid his (or her) dues first, gets the nomination for VP. Of course if Hillary is nominated, she's going to have a strong hand in who is on the VP ticket. That's the conventional way on both sides.

Has anyone heard Hillary say anything revealing about how she perceives Obama, or any info on Obama's feelings about Hillary?

I have gotten e-mail with the same smear (which has been debunked by CNN and WABC) and ending with: "If you do not want Hussein in the White house, pass this on."

I also got that email - the right wing loonies didn't waste much time trying to smear him, did they? Pity those liars can't be slapped in jail, let them do their "writings" there.

Snopes.com has bebunked this also. I returned it to the person that passed it to me with their web address. Reminds me of the Swift Boat Liars that smeared John Kerry. Sad to say a couple of their biggest contributors are in Texas.

Mary

If we American voters didn't fall for all the dirt in dirty politics, they wouldn't get away with it.