Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obama...first african american...would you vote for him?????

Again, if I personally found them to be the best candidate and the best direction for our country to head in, I would vote for the person, be theyw hite, black, tall, short, male, female, blind, sighted, tattooed or polka-dotted.

By the way, Obama isn't black. He is biracial and was raised by his white mother and his white grandparents. His father is from Kenya and was living in Kenya during most of Obama's life.

I agree with mouse crazy for Obama and Hillary! Its not their race or gender-- it is their stand on issues!

By the way, Obama isn't black. He is biracial and was raised by his white mother and his white grandparents. His father is from Kenya and was living in Kenya during most of Obama's life.

I think most of America views him as black.

Sorry, I don't know who wondered about this, but yes...the two answer are almost the same regarding Hillary and Obama...

I was making a point...

I won't vote for someone just BECAUSE she is a woman, or because he or she is black...

I choose to vote for the candidate that represents my views, regardless of color or gender.

This seems simple enough to me.

I am a conservative...thus, these two particular examples would not fit the bill for me.

I feel the exact same way that Cindy does. I would vote for a woman, whatever color/race she is, or a man, whatever color/race he is, depending on their views. As a matter-of-fact, when I saw Condi Rice take on those Senators in her confirmation hearings (think that's where it was), she intellectually ran circles around those guys. I remember cheering at the t.v. What an intelligent, classy lady! Condi for President!!
Did you wonder why she was being questioned so intensively by Republicans?

Did you wonder why she was being questioned so intensively by Republicans who had supported the Illogical Illegal Iraqi Invasion up until just recently?

As far as "intellectually running circles around those guys":

On my TV, she appeared to be avoided the questions and playing word games. Her assertion that the new BuSh strategy is not an escalation of the war but an augmentation was classical wordsmenship used to avoid the reality of the situation.:help:

Regrettably, in the 21st Century USA, if you are part Black, you are Black.

I can never understand why a person with 3 white grandparents and one Black grandparent is considered Black, except for the "you wanted want your sister to marry him, would you?" problem.:confused:

Sorry, I don't know who wondered about this, but yes...the two answer are almost the same regarding Hillary and Obama...

I was making a point...

I won't vote for someone just BECAUSE she is a woman, or because he or she is black...

I choose to vote for the candidate that represents my views, regardless of color or gender.

This seems simple enough to me.

I am a conservative...thus, these two particular examples would not fit the bill for me.

I have to agree with you for once, Ms. Mousecrazy.

My answers to the questions about Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama were not just essentially the same; I copied and pasted from one thread to the other:

I will vote for the person who has the best chance of changing the direction that the USA is headed.

For too many years, only WASP's were USA Presidents.

I would vote for Obama or Colin Powell, but not for Condoleezza Rice, though I would vote for Hillary.

Tired old man:

I was commenting on the hearings from a couple years ago when she was being confirmed. (can't seem to remember why she was put in front of this "committee" but in this case, it was one particular dem senator that was trying to beat her down....she won) I didn't see the recent hearings, so I can't comment on that. I will still state my opinion that she is an intelligent, classy woman.

Tired old man:

I was commenting on the hearings from a couple years ago when she was being confirmed. (can't seem to remember why she was put in front of this "committee" but in this case, it was one particular dem senator that was trying to beat her down....she won) I didn't see the recent hearings, so I can't comment on that. I will still state my opinion that she is an intelligent, classy woman.

I respect you opinion and in fact I also thought that she was an intelligent classy women when she first came on the scene, but her alibiing for BuSh's screw ups and her failure to act on the CIA Daily Briefing letter of 8-6-2001 (which could have/should have averted 911), her lies about the letter and her failure to act to save the Innocent Lebanese civilians from death and destruction last year have soured me on her.

Do the republicans have any minorities or women running?

There is talk about drafting Condoleezza Rice to run, but she said that she doesn't want to.

Elizabeth Dole could always be trotted out again as could Alan Keyes who both ran in the 2000 Republican primaries.

Republicans had been pushing for a Constitutional amendment so that people born outside the USA who have been naturalized citizens for over 25 years could run, but I doubt that they would still want Arnold for President.:faint:

There is talk about drafting Condoleezza Rice to run, but she said that she doesn't want to.

Elizabeth Dole could always be trotted out again as could Alan Keyes who both ran in the 2000 Republican primaries.

Republicans had been pushing for a Constitutional amendment so that people born outside the USA who have been naturalized citizens for over 25 years could run, but I doubt that they would still want Arnold for President.:faint:

Oh, ok...Thanks.

Why does it seem like Republicans only like some foreigners? They are going to really regret changing that Amendment if a Mexican wants to run.

Dang , I forget about Dole and she's the senator here. I wouldn't never vote for her or Condi.

Obama is obviously an intelligent and articulate candidate but he is a comparatively blank slate (to me at least) at this point. I simply don't know enough about his track record on enough issues to say whether I would vote for him or not. I emphasize track record because even I could sound good in a series of 20 second sound bites or prepared speeches. I don't know what he has actually consistently done regarding policy and votes.

I do have to confess a prejudice regarding Mr. Obama, anyone with the middle name of Hussein does have an extra hurdle to jump to get my trust with the presidency. I am certainly willing to give him every opportunity to show me he's the best man for the job, I'm even willing to give him every reasonable benefit of doubt, but I have to be honest about it. I need to see a history and I need reassurance of motives. I seriously doubt that I am alone in that, just politically incorrect enough to actually state it.

I freely admit he may be the best thing since sliced bread but I need something more substantial than I have now to be comfortable with him.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude for now.