Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I alternate. I was doing all these challenges and I found it zapped my energy more than helped. I'm 10 wks out BTW. Now I do a week of intense working out and a week of just walking.

I've found I don't get as exhausted. I'm thinking once I get further out and can eat more, I'll bump it back up again.

To be honest, this is my walk only week and I've lost 2 lbs. So my super 8 week stall ended when I decreased my exercise. Go figure!!

I've had 2 pregnancies and csections only 2 years apart. I'm so worried about my skin on my belly. Has it gone down a lot? Or is the skin really bad? I'm expecting that ill need cosmetic surgery..

I've had a c-section too. My twins were full term and BIG. I've decided not to care about how my tummy looks out of clothes. I imagine I'll always have the pouch at the bottom. So long as it goes down more than it is now, I'll be okay.

What issues did you have with the surgery, if you don't mind my asking?

It is a very long story....I got a leak and had surgery to clean it up...They induced a comma.. I was in it for 19 days...I woke up and could no longer walk or move and could not talk because they put a trakia in so I could breath...

I got a category 5 ulcer on my butt from the comma and then I was soon moved to another floor...out of ICU ..There they looked after me and I ended up with 10 surgeries altogether as they were trying to repair the leak which would not heal.....Finally after 4 and a 1/2 months when everything else failed I had a surgery where they gave me both the sleeve and bypass......I had to lean to walk and talk and write again.....I have 12 incisions where most people have 2-5....I am still being treated for the ulcer on my butt almost 11 months later

I lost all my hair as I was fed by IV for 5 months...and nobody told me I did until I saw it in the mirror at home....They even had to reteach me how to eat and swallow....I became addicted to pain killers and a detox Doc helped me through that.....

This is just a small overview of some of the things that I went through.....

But!!!!!!!!! I would do it all over again if I had to..I am so much better then I was before surgery....i can do so much more and the little things make all of it worth it for me....

I am 8 weeks post op and I initially started out trying to work out a few times a week, but lack of Fluid and food, forced me to stop for now. I plan to get into a healthy and regular work out routine once my eating and fluid intake issues are resolved. I really want to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle again. Plus I don't like the loss of muscle in my body. It feels weird.

It is a very long story....I got a leak and had surgery to clean it up...They induced a comma.. I was in it for 19 days...I woke up and could no longer walk or move and could not talk because they put a trakia in so I could breath...

I got a category 5 ulcer on my butt from the comma and then I was soon moved to another floor...out of ICU ..There they looked after me and I ended up with 10 surgeries altogether as they were trying to repair the leak which would not heal.....Finally after 4 and a 1/2 months when everything else failed I had a surgery where they gave me both the sleeve and bypass......I had to lean to walk and talk and write again.....I have 12 incisions where most people have 2-5....I am still being treated for the ulcer on my butt almost 11 months later

I lost all my hair as I was fed by IV for 5 months...and nobody told me I did until I saw it in the mirror at home....They even had to reteach me how to eat and swallow....I became addicted to pain killers and a detox Doc helped me through that.....

But!!!!!!!!! I would do it all over again if I had to..I am so much better then I was before surgery....i can do so much more and the little things make all of it worth it for me....

. Well I just got over my little pitty party! What an amazing "overview". I love that you ended this with you would do it all over again. AMAZING!!!! You are absolutely AMAZING!

I haven't exercised at all (not even walking) since my surgery 5 weeks ago. No excuses. I have a gym membership and hubby and I go together. We've had lots of wildfires lately (So Or) so i5s been really smokey outside. Hubbys been using the smoke as an excuse to not work out. In an ac'd gym, for gosh sakes!

I know I should go by myself but I hate working out by myself...I know, no excuse. I know Id feel better if I worked out...

Just being honest...

I do minimal exercise but that's due to ms. I try more, but it knocks me on my butt. I try to walk when I can.

I'm down 76 from surgery about 6 months ago. I'm in a stall due to steroids and not bring able to exercise. Hoping it will break soon. But I'm happy with where I am too.

JessicaAnn...my tummy below the navel is going down. However it is not "tight" and hangs down somewhat. Add some pregnancy stretch marks. (Nice visual, right!?). If it still looks weird in a year or so, I will probably do a Tummy Tuck. It is what it is. I am 42 years old with two kids. I am not a super model, so it is ok. And it is the only place I have had an issue so far. Plus, I can dress around it as needed.

Haven't worked out just walked .. 112 pounds down at 6 months just turn 7 months yesterday and down 2 ponds this week

Way to go ma'am!!!!

JessicaAnn...my tummy below the navel is going down. However it is not "tight" and hangs down somewhat. Add un some pregnancy stretch marks. (Nice visual' date=' right!?). If it still looks weird in a year or so, I will probably do a Tummy Tuck. It is what it is. I am 42 years old with two kids. I am not a super model, so it is ok. And it is the only place I have had an issue so far. Plus, I can dress around it as needed.[/quote']

Good to know! Thanks :)

I agree everyone is different. I am 2 months post op and I have lost 50 pounds and only have worked out maybe 3X. I was very tired and weak for a long time after surgery and I have just recently started feeling more energized and started being more active (not through exercise) but I have been going to the mall, six flags, painted my dinning room) I ultimately will begin working out regularly where I get my heart rate elevated and start pumping some Iron but for now I have a pedometer (my fitbit flex) that tells me how active I am during the day.

Exercise is a habit I believe we need to add to our new lifestyle. For me, I need to take my time easing into. Some people begin right away after surgery and some of us takes a little more time. I don't want to be a flabby thin person so what I really want to do it start hitting the weights. :)

I agree I'm so weak and tired and still in some pain. I can barley take meds without feeling sick . food makes me sad at times because I'm kind of worried am I eating enough and etc. Even though I'm eating what I'm suppose to I still feel as I'm not doing something right. I plan to hit the gym when I feel better but to be honest I'm still not in the best of health to do so.

When I first had my surgery I went to the gym faithfully and walked. But once I started back to work I haven't been able to work out as much and my weight is coming off just find. A friend of minds had the same surgery and claims she work out everyday and yes she is losing but minds coming off faster. Everybody is different. She weighted more then me that might had a factor in it.

I have heard this before, and my work shifts are 12 hours for 3 days then a 6 hour 1 day shift (TOTAL 40.00 MINUS lunch TIME) and includes a lot of walking and I just don't feel my best right now to hit the gym.

Thank you to everyone, it seems our sleeves are life savers and changers. I used to work out all the time before i even thought about the surgery and I found that I did look better and at one point in my mid 20's I lost 94lbs by myself with diet and exercise, only to gain it all back less than 5 years later. At this point just about 5 weeks out I feel week and tired and not really motivated to do much. I have to return back to work this Sunday and I'm a bit nervous and ready. I don't look forward to getting back into a gym for quite awhile. I go for walks daily but at this point I'm just so worried that I may not loose the weight that I want to. In my own personal research I learned that I did have to eat more frequent to loose the weight. Lets face it after being sleeved we eat a few bites at times,and we feel full, and I don't want anymore to eat for quite some time. I'm doing my best to stay away from all the junk carbs I know if I start to eat candy or other fast food type stuff I'm just going to eat for the fun of it.

Wow! God Bless you! Keep up the positive attitude! Glad things turned out ok!

As of my 2nd week, I've been working out at least 5 times a week. If you don't make changes, you may lose the weight but maybe not your old habits that got you there and get you back to square one. I've learned that you have to change your mindset. JMHO