Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"You're losing too much weight"

I've been getting the'' stop losing weight, don't lose no more weight your gonna look sick'' comments allot lately. I still have 27 pounds that I want to lose.My husband thinks 27 is too much. I wanna be in single digit pants size Im a 10 now. It can get to my head though but usually It makes me giggle inside when people say it to me because Ive been a Fatty all my life. My distant family were very open and obnoxious about how fat I was and how I need to lose weight and that how my husbands gonna cheat ect ect feels awesome to hear it from them because I know I look awesome but need a little more to look even more awesome heheheeee :) As everyone else said in the above comments do what makes you happy and feel healthy(and to piss relatives off lol ). Congrats on all the weight loss keep up the good work :)

I've been getting the'' stop losing weight, don't lose no more weight your gonna look sick'' comments allot lately. I still have 27 pounds that I want to lose.My husband thinks 27 is too much. I wanna be in single digit pants size Im a 10 now. It can get to my head though but usually It makes me giggle inside when people say it to me because Ive been a Fatty all my life. My distant family were very open and obnoxious about how fat I was and how I need to lose weight and that how my husbands gonna cheat ect ect feels awesome to hear it from them because I know I look awesome but need a little more to look even more awesome heheheeee :) As everyone else said in the above comments do what makes you happy and feel healthy(and to piss relatives off lol ). Congrats on all the weight loss keep up the good work :)

Congrats on your weight loss!!! I have a size 8 jean shorts form yearsssss ago lol I have saved them all these years and would love to put them on again. I don't think I would wear them but to put them on would be awesome!

I got the whole "wow you've lost a lot of weight!" "Are you sick"! Its like Gee thanks!

It's funny cause when I see other in shape healthy "skinny" people I don't think they look sick.

I think some people are kind of jealous. Even good friends/family. Many want to sit in the judgment seat and can't handle it when you finally take the bull by the horns. I also think there is a timeframe when the weight first peels off that we do look a little drawn because our skin has to catch up. We lose so fast that it takes them by surprise.

Ok, I understand people's perceptions....but I've been wondering/thinking lately that have we as a society forgotten what "normal" actually looks like....which is why so many people make these kinds of comments regarding losing "too" much. I have set mini goals for myself which are really when I was younger, at lower weights. I bet people would now say those were good weights, but back in the day I could catch a cold faster than a date when I was at each of those weights. I think our tolerance of being overweight has become more common place, thus the norm is now skewed. IMHO...just sayin'. :-)

People are just used to seeing so many people overweight to one degree or another, that they've forgotten what 'normal' looks like

People who know you often have that reaction. I am 5'5" and once I got under 200# I was getting alot of that type of thing. Truth of the matter is that I weigh about 155 now and I am far from thin... I am just normal. It is just that if people are used to you being obese, normal looks thin.

don't let them dissuade you from your goals.

Listen to thin people more then obese people and listen to feedback from people who didn't know you as obese. When they start saying you are too thin, well, maybe then you are....LOL

I'm at my goal weight now and I get this on almost a daily basis lately. Its funny that everyone comments on us getting too skinny but hardly ever people say we're getting too fat.

This has been a huge problem and struggle. I hear it almost daily from the witches at work! Lol the other day the overweight receptionist at my job asked me to check her blood sugar(I'm a nurse) because she was recently diagnosed with diabetes. She then had the nerve to tell me that I need to stop losing weight because I'm going to look or get sick. I'm thinking well your obesity HAS caused you to get sick:-( but I'm not that person!

This has been a huge problem and struggle. I hear it almost daily from the witches at work! Lol the other day the overweight receptionist at my job asked me to check her blood sugar(I'm a nurse) because she was recently diagnosed with diabetes. She then had the nerve to tell me that I need to stop losing weight because I'm going to look or get sick. I'm thinking well your obesity HAS caused you to get sick:-( but I'm not that person!

When I told people at work that I was having WLS I got "WHY" "YOU'RE NOT THAT BIG" So I would ask so should I wait to get "THAT BIG"? They had nothing to say!

I go in for my surgery a week from today, but like others, when I was at my lowest (around 165, I was 20 lbs. shy of my former/current goal weight) I would hear that a lot. I'm not one of those people who throws around the words "They're just jealous" but in some cases, I truly believe it. I think it was about half people who hadn't seen me in a while and were just honestly shocked. Innocent enough. And half people who knew me well and saw me often, who would make comments and sometimes downright snide remarks. There are some loved ones, or co-workers, or friends who will consciously, or unconsciously try to sabotage you. They are so used to you being in a certain role, that having you change, a lot of times for the better, is unsettling.

Whether it's you becoming more confident, dating more (if you aren't married), enjoying life more...it's hard for certain people to see. There's a reason some marriages struggle when one spouse loses a significant amount of weight, or friendships change when, for example, the funny fat girl suddenly starts getting a little more attention at the bar. Suddenly they are the wingman. I think for the most part people who make snide comments or try to sabotage you (the "oh c'mon, it's just a little ice cream/pizza/cake" people) don't start out wanting you to fail and trying to hurt you. I think people have a very natural reaction to a changing person and changing roles and sometimes they act out in not so positive ways.

I go in for my surgery a week from today' date=' but like others, when I was at my lowest (around 165, I was 20 lbs. shy of my former/current goal weight) I would hear that a lot. I'm not one of those people who throws around the words "They're just jealous" but in some cases, I truly believe it. I think it was about half people who hadn't seen me in a while and were just honestly shocked. Innocent enough. And half people who knew me well and saw me often, who would make comments and sometimes downright snide remarks. There are some loved ones, or co-workers, or friends who will consciously, or unconsciously try to sabotage you. They are so used to you being in a certain role, that having you change, a lot of times for the better, is unsettling.

Whether it's you becoming more confident, dating more (if you aren't married), enjoying life more...it's hard for certain people to see. There's a reason some marriages struggle when one spouse loses a significant amount of weight, or friendships change when, for example, the funny fat girl suddenly starts getting a little more attention at the bar. Suddenly they are the wingman. I think for the most part people who make snide comments or try to sabotage you (the "oh c'mon, it's just a little ice cream/pizza/cake" people) don't start out wanting you to fail and trying to hurt you. I think people have a very natural reaction to a changing person and changing roles and sometimes they act out in not so positive ways.[/quote']

Well said!

When I told people at work that I was having WLS I got "WHY" "YOU'RE NOT THAT BIG" So I would ask so should I wait to get "THAT BIG"? They had nothing to say!

It is what it is I'm loving life and could truly care less what the next person think!