Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have anyone had dr prakash paragi as their surgeon

I just had him do my surgery at Saint Barnabas, on the 14th.

His office staff are horrible, he is very good though. Make copies of all the paperwork you fax to his staff, they lost 3 of the same documents on me.

His surgical team is very kind and i was freaking out, they talked to me very calmly and told me i was going to be okay. I had a panic attack because it was my first surgery, and they completely understood.

O ok thank u so much, yes this is my first surgery as well so im quite nervous myself and i dont know y i waited till the last min to do research but i had to know lol.

You're okay! He's done the surgery so much he doesn't even use drains.

Where are you having the surgery done?

You're okay! He's done the surgery so much he doesn't even use drains.

Where are you having the surgery done?

O ok cool :) Im having it at saint barnabas

I just finished my last test and should be getting my date from Dr. Paragi the end of this month. I am super nervous, I am doing last minute research myself on him. lol I guess its the nerves.

I'm extremely nervous about getting surgery was going to get band and decided after seminar to do sleeve. I had my first appt w dr paragi and his staff and made appt w nutritionist. My cardiologist and pulmonary dr cleared me along with my pcp. I've been searching info on pros and cons being a mom I'm nervous as it is but found this review and now I'm even more scared.... Any advice updates or personal experiences ?

HERES THE REVIEW:

I had a leak after my surgery with Dr Paragi. He misrepresented his experience, his track record and every aspect of his qualifications. I nearly died as a result of this man. While in Intesive care, there were two other patients of his with leaks. I know that one did not survive but have no idea about the other. Do your homework before seeing this man!

Edited by dar81

Hi I understand why you are nervous but that review was almost over a year ago and if you ask the office to what happened they will. Alot factors into a persons death. I know the office told me about loosing someone last year because their bmi was over 60 and some other reason came to into factor. This is the first time I am reading this review it also makes me feel very uneasy esp since my surgery is scheduled for Nov. 6

I'm extremely nervous about getting surgery was going to get band and decided after seminar to do sleeve. I had my first appt w dr paragi and his staff and made appt w nutritionist. My cardiologist and pulmonary dr cleared me along with my pcp. I've been searching info on pros and cons being a mom I'm nervous as it is but found this review and now I'm even more scared.... Any advice updates or personal experiences ?

HERES THE REVIEW:
I had a leak after my surgery with Dr Paragi. He misrepresented his experience, his track record and every aspect of his qualifications. I nearly died as a result of this man. While in Intesive care, there were two other patients of his with leaks. I know that one did not survive but have no idea about the other. Do your homework before seeing this man!

Did you have your surgery with him yet?

O ok thank u so much, yes this is my first surgery as well so im quite nervous myself and i dont know y i waited till the last min to do research but i had to know lol.

I just found this thread after reading the review..... I have surgery with him Dec 11th..... that just made me really uneasy. Anyone else know enough about him?

I'm meeting with him again this week and plan to discuss I did go over with his staff and nutritionists and the situations did occur. He is within normal margins for mishaps leakages, clips, and comic around is what I was told. She confirmed major issues one death but due to high bmi and patient didn't donflow up care properly had problem with clot not sure if death was actual clot or insert if filter and another women recently had her bowel punctured and was in ice for a long time which I new nothing of unil last week. I guess it's just an uneasy feeling I'm doing this for me and my health but with any procedure I'm nervous cause I have six kids and they need me more that I need to lose weight. I will be discussing my concerns in depth his week and can get back to u if us like. I'm supposed to be scheduled for dec as well.

@@dar81 yes please do update..... my baby needs me alive and functioning more than a weight loss surgery that can go terribly wrong with the wrong doctor

I had the VSG, gallbladder removal, and hernia repair all done on Nov 6 by Dr. Paragi out of St. Barnabas hospital. He did an excellent job! I was very sore the nurses kept my pain down as much as possible. By the time I got from recovery an into my room I was able to get up and walk. Walking helped break up the gas. There were other bariatric patients on the floor who couldn't get out of bed the second day and here I had 3 surgeries at once and was up and walking atleast once and hour.

Dr. Paragi came and checked on me before surgery, after and the next morning then gain before I left to go home. So far everything went well! Just make sure you get your prescriptions filled in the hospital before you leave because I couldn't get any of my local pharmacies to fill my prescriptions.

@@Mami5Boys thank you so much for the feedback! That definitely cleared my head more about the surgery which is officially a month away. Congrats on the recent surgery - it must be so exciting! Keep me updated.... And thank you again for the great report :-)

Honestly in the beginning it wasnt very exciting. I had 3 procedures done at once the VSG, Gallbladder removed and a hernia repaired so I was alot more sore then others were but I am finally feeling better and happier. You do go through a roller coaster of emotions and feelings. It gets better though. Yesterday I went to the drs and found out in 6 days I lost 18lbs! I was so excited and it finally made me see the bright side of all this. Its hard to explain but emotions run crazy in the beginning. Dr. Paragi did an excellent job and my incisions are healing so beautifuly. Everyone who sees them says how lucky I am because by the time they fully heal you wont really be able to see them and they wont leave scars because none are raised. I am happy about that.

@@Mami5Boys thank you so much for the feedback! That definitely cleared my head more about the surgery which is officially a month away. Congrats on the recent surgery - it must be so exciting! Keep me updated.... And thank you again for the great report :-)