Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers please check in..

Hey guys' date=' I had surgery on July 3rd and I've lost 32 pounds but the scales isn't really moving the way I think it should be... How are we doing!![/quote']

Hi first time

Hi first time

I had surgery July 23 have lost 68 pounds , I started at 367 and now 299 so glad to under 300. I have heartburn all the time and I don't want to eat . Feel tired all the time feel like I wish I hadn't done this, I probably will feel differently after while I hope.

Sleeved July 23, down 20 since surgery date, 45 lbs total.

I was sleeved on July 8th. I am down 49 pounds which does include post-op diet.

I had surgery July 23 have lost 68 pounds ' date=' I started at 367 and now 299 so glad to under 300. I have heartburn all the time and I don't want to eat . Feel tired all the time feel like I wish I hadn't done this, I probably will feel differently after while I hope.[/quote']

68 lbs is wonderful and you will feel better later on. Maybe your tiredness is stress?

Hi, Surgery 7/30

Beginning Weight 224

Pre-op 215

Current 198

I'm pleased with the results so far but I wish I could comfortably eat something besides yogurt and the Protein drinks. I tried some fish tonight, tilapia, ate about 2 oz. It feels like the whole portion is sitting in my throat. I'm pretty miserable, really. I'm exhausted all the time and am totally constipated. And I feel like I need an antacid every three hours, when the prescription is for every 12 hours. Sigh. I am praying to feel remotely normal soon. I have so much to do and really, all I want to do is lay around. I haven't left the house in two days for more than 20 minutes. Sorry to complain, I know this is temporary. (God, I hope so!)

My biggest complaint for a solid 5 weeks post surgery was that I was tired all the time. During this past week, I have noticably been less tired (tomorrow is 6 weeks since surgery). I am not at my normal energy level. but finally it is improving substantially. I am sure yours will too!

HW: 279

SW: 272

CW: 242

Surgery date 7/30

Sleeved 7/17.

Start weight 295

Surgery weight 279

Current weight 258

37 lbs gone and feel great. This was the best thing I could of ever done. :)

And I've had a 10 day stall on my 2nd week of surgery. But it's slowly coming off. Some weeks I'm down 1 lb and some 3 lbs. slow but nice and steady. But I just keep doing what I'm doing and happy it's coming off and staying off.

I've been eating 800-1000 calories since my 2nd week post op. My Dr and nutricionist told me I was eating way to much. I shd only be consuming 600 cals to 800 max. And ideally after 1yr eat abt 1000 cal a day. Has anyone ever been told that? I was also told to workout 6 days a week to speed up my weightloss. I'm currently doing 4-5 days a week power walking abt 3 miles each time. But was told that wasn't engh.

I'm just curious if anyone has experienced that before.

I had the same info from my bariatric program. And they said I was probably stretching my sleeve or causing a leak! I think they are super mean to try and scare people. i have literally had very few problems. All foods are fine (except Pasta swells in my belly). I have only had one time (today) where I felt awful because i was caught up in the conversation (at a labor day cookout) and didn't listen to my sleeve. I was laid out for 30 minutes feeling miserable (not like I binged at a buffet but like the flu) and then I was fine. Otherwise, I have had no prblems. I have reduced my carb intake since my dr appt., but I notice that when they do the post-op classes and give food ideas for each stage, they specify carb heavy foods! Like puree included milk thinned oatmeal pureed. What is the difference if I chose grits over oatmeal? Same carbs. So now I eat mainly meat, cheese, and veg. Less than 40g of carbs a day.

I was sleeved on July 22! I am having issues with my blood sugar, Fluid retention and up and down with the scales!! I take Fluid pills but then my potassium goes too low and I know that I'm not drinking enough! I have been basically eating anything I want since week 3. Have had no other issues except energy levels! Working on that with B-12!

Was wandering if there are any sleevers out there that had health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, before they had the sleeve and how they are doing?

Sleeved on July 25. Lost 10 pounds pre-op and 41 post-op. I just started eating poached eggs, and that's the firmest food I'm eating. I'm having a hard time drinking enough because I still tend to drink too fast. I had a brief stall, but once I upped my food intake, I got back to rapid losing.

I was 8 weeks post surgery yesterday and an even 45 pounds down.

Surgery weight (no pre-op diet)

8 weeks post op

So crazy how quickly and for the most part easily the weight has come off.

I plan to start working out tomorrow. I had some low blood sugar problems then a horrible work schedule (72 hours in 6 days) while being a fulltime college student, mother to an 8 year old starting 3rd grade and fiance.

But now im off work for 2 weeks and I just have school and home. So my goal is to find that routine and start working out. Im fearful of needing a calorie boost and my little stomach won't be able to accommodate. Im gonna go armed with Protein shake, cottage cheese and apple sauce.

Wish me luck.

Oh p.s. my favorite thing about losing the weight so far my fiance can pick me up (effortlessly) and spin me around the room. Now I just got to get to my wedding day goal weight so he can carry me over the threshold.

July 3 surgery

HW 299

SW 289

CW 246

Before and current pic (2 months post op)

post-6489-13813658823247_thumb.jpg

I was 8 weeks post surgery yesterday and an even 45 pounds down.

Surgery weight (no pre-op diet)

8 weeks post op

So crazy how quickly and for the most part easily the weight has come off.

I plan to start working out tomorrow. I had some low blood sugar problems then a horrible work schedule (72 hours in 6 days) while being a fulltime college student' date=' mother to an 8 year old starting 3rd grade and fiance.

But now im off work for 2 weeks and I just have school and home. So my goal is to find that routine and start working out. Im fearful of needing a calorie boost and my little stomach won't be able to accommodate. Im gonna go armed with Protein shake, cottage cheese and apple sauce.

Wish me luck.

Oh p.s. my favorite thing about losing the weight so far my fiance can pick me up (effortlessly) and spin me around the room. Now I just got to get to my wedding day goal weight so he can carry me over the threshold.[/quote']

I hope in 2 weeks (at my 8 week mark) I can be down 45, good for you! Great job balancing everything so far, keep it up!

July 3 surgery

HW 299

SW 289

CW 246

Before and current pic (2 months post op)

Unfortunate my iPad doesn't show the picture you posted but that s great!