Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UHC Choice plus-won't cover?

I feel the same way about them.....we have submitted my request 3 to 4 weeks ago and still waiting on them....I keep calling the doctors office and they are still waiting too....I am fed up waiting!!!!

I have come to realize that I am one of the lucky few. I have UHC of Texas. I was approved three weeks after I put an application in to the Carter Lap Band Center... my BMI is above 40 and my mother died at age 49 due to diabetes. I found out today (during my pre-op exam) that I am lucky too because the insurance is covering the surgery 100%. I wish everyone my luck!!!! It upsets me to see so many people have to fight with their insurance. I went thru this when I was living in Florida. Up until now, none of the insurances that I have ever had covered WLS. I have never and probably will never understand this. Yes the surgery is pretty pricey, but by not having the surgery, we are going to cost the insurance company and our employer more in the long run.

I have come to realize that I am one of the lucky few. I have UHC of Texas. I was approved three weeks after I put an application in to the Carter Lap Band Center... my BMI is above 40 and my mother died at age 49 due to diabetes. I found out today (during my pre-op exam) that I am lucky too because the insurance is covering the surgery 100%. I wish everyone my luck!!!! It upsets me to see so many people have to fight with their insurance. I went thru this when I was living in Florida. Up until now, none of the insurances that I have ever had covered WLS. I have never and probably will never understand this. Yes the surgery is pretty pricey, but by not having the surgery, we are going to cost the insurance company and our employer more in the long run.

Is this choice or choice plus?

I have UHC choice Plus - My doctor submitted my insurance information on Monday 1/29 and I called them on Monday 2/12 and thay advised it had been approved but they had overlooked sending out my letter and it would go out that day or the next. I called my Dr's office and they gave me a reference number and they told me to ask for the claims review dept. Maybe you are talking to the wrong reps. Wish you all luck.

My paper work will be submitted tomorrow. The waiting begins!

i was approved 4 days after I submitted my paperwork to UHC I have UHC PLUS..just not sure about the fills

CONGRATS!!!! I am on my 5th week now waiting for the deniel or approval from the insurance company

Why is there such a difference in response times? Just on this post, we have from 4 days to over 5 weeks. Is there a different group at the insurance co for each employer?

Well, I have choice plus. Does the variety of UHC's make a difference as well?

My doctors office told me that when they called UHC in January, that since it was an observation and outpatient that I didn't need to be preapproved. I thought that sounded strange, but I figured since they scheduled me it must be so. It wasn't. So, my advice is to call UHC and check on it yourself. I have called 9 times and received 9 different versions, so I can only hope for the best. Good Luck to you. I was amazed that every story from UHC was so different. RosieG

Heard anything yet?

Well If it helps - I'm still waiting - Let see:

1/29 - Dr sent info

2/12 - Insurance co said approved - letter just needed to be sent

2/19 - Insurance co said can take up to 2 weeks to get letter

2/22 - still waiting

Hey - Let us know when you get your letters!!

Dr. just sent papers to UHC on February 20, 2007. I'll keep you all posted.

My Doctor's office manager is actually calling and she is not getting any better results than I was. I work for the government and can chose from different insurance companies, which after this experience, I will carefully research my options much more carefully. I know everybody says hang in there, but I am having a hard time believing it takes this long.

Rosieg

It's here. I was coming from my kids school and I saw the mailman at the end of our cul-d-sac. I didn't even pull my car all the way in the garage. I messed around in the garage until he got to my box...I stalked him as he put my mail in and drove to the stop sign...then I pounced on that mailbox like it was my last meal. There it was UHC and my name..ignoring all other mail I opened it - You are approved. Thank you - THANK YOU MAILMAN!!! Then I called the Dr. office (wanting to fax this to them - don't want to waste anymore time), however; I got the answering service. Oh well - I will make a copy and carry it around in my car - I'm almost banded!!!! Wishing everyone else luck!!