Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I call "drinking 64 oz water" BS

Just because you are tired of following 'the rules' doesn't make the 'rule' BS. Water is essential. If you wait to drink until you feel thirst then you are already suffering from dehydration. This has an impact on way more than your weight loss.

I drink a minimum of 2 litres a day which I think is about 64 ounces. Eight glasses minimum. I add sugar free Vitamin sachets to adjust the ph level as I can not tolerate hard Water the way I could pre surgery. On days where I exercise, I add another half litre, at least 2 glasses, though often more. On days where I complete hot yoga then I add another litre at least plus then I follow up with an electrolyte replacement, usually coconut water.

When I slack off on the water intake, it impacts noticeably on my weight loss, on my bowel health, on my skin moisture, on my hair and scalp. This has made me wonder if this is what I can actually notice, what is going on under the skin, what impacts are occurring that I can't see?

Water poisoning is so rare and it is nonsensical to suggest this as a consideration in the decision whether or not to drink the recommended minimum intake of H2O!

I note in a later post that you say maybe you are just tired. Know what will help you sleep better and feel less tired during the day? Hydration!

I struggle to get in 64 ounces a day.....and so frustrating to be at the gym, thirsty and only get in 2 sips at a time rather than guzzle a more---I was drinking almost a gallon a day preop....can't wait for a few more weeks when it gets easier.

I call "drinking 64 oz water" BS

one more thing i just thought of....

you can lead a horse to Water, but you can't make it drink :lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

kathy ;)

Well I think that this version makes more sense...

"You can lead a horse to drink, but you can't make it water."

I get about 50 oz daily on average, and that's about the best I can do. Any more than that and I'd never have time to eat :)

I usually get in 70-80 ounces of Water daily. I try to get in 44oz in the morning which helps me meet my minimum. Getting in your water helps to flush the system, especially when we have a tendency to retain fluids and sodium which works counteractive to weight loss.

I usually get in 70-80 ounces of Water daily. I try to get in 44oz in the morning which helps me meet my minimum. Getting in your water helps to flush the system, especially when we have a tendency to retain fluids and sodium which works counteractive to weight loss.

You are correct, 64 oz. of Water is BS, boring, and tasteless. I challenge myself to drink my 64 oz in different ways (lemon aid, coffee, crystal lite, Decaf tea, etc.) to cutdown on boredom and add taste. However, Fluid intake drives the flushing of weight loss out of your system.

Tasteless Tip: is your urine is even light yellow - your not drinking enough fluids.