Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ate 1660 cals yesterday, am in full panic mode

My heart is breaking for you. I am not sure what illness, but my Mom was diagnosed with MS in 1999. I will be honest, it is not an easy road for her. And you are so far from home, it is difficult to get the support that you need. I know it is not the same, but everyone here is sending big hugs your way.

Totally, me too -- it's why I brought it up. My mom was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis a few years ago and it's been rough. My Grandmother also has Celiac and Sjogren's (and Glaucoma...and...and.). Hope you are doing okay, GT!! :wub:

You guys might laugh me off this thread..

But I swear when I carry lots of stress I do not loss weight' date=' even if I'm doing everything "right"

So it's kind of like a vicious circle for me that way.

Stress about weight don't loss weight round and round...

Deep breaths....

[/quote']

That is not such a stretch to link stress to lack of weight loss.

There is a whole segment of the dietary supplement industry dedicated to reducing stress so there can be weight loss. Let's see, there is relacore, cortislim, etc.

I am sure you are already aware that excessive stress increases cortisol hormone in the body that leads the body to not let go of weight, especially in the stomach region. Not getting enough sleep is a major offender to bringing on the cortisol. Working out too much is even a stress that can stall weight loss. Any number of events in your personal life are bound to raise the cortisol levels if they feel like stress.

It is best to achieve a peaceful state in order to reduce the cortisol levels in the body. Let stressors go that you have control over. If you can't let go of certain stressors because you do not have control over them, then perhaps relax your expectations non weight loss until you get pass them. Simplify.

I know that you are dealing with some big stressors right now and do hope that you are able to find peace about them soon. Always feel welcome to ask for help or just to have others listen to you here on the forums. Just talking out loud is therapeutic, at least temporarily. You know we are all here for you.

I had to come back to this thread, GT, and post my confession for I have been v. v. bad...

Yesterday? I ate about 2500 calories -- though I admit it could be more than that as I may have lost count... LOL. Seriously! It was a day full of naughty one-offs, such as full-fat, full-sugar chocolate jogurt, a packet of peanut M&Ms, steak tartare and fries, copious white wine, ice cream with whip cream... I mean, I am talking B-A-D!!! Just wanted you to know you're not the only naughty girl here... ;)

I'm not fasting today, but I am trying to be more virtuous to make up for that bit of wildness. It was my monthly "book club" meeting with three of my local besties...we sometimes actually read a book and talk about it too. :D

ETA: MFP has already well chided me, telling me if I keep eating like that, I'll weigh half kilo more six weeks from now. :P Oy, THAT is probably true, even though their predictions of my STARVING TO DEATH and weighing 62 in six weeks are never even remotely accurate...

ETA: MFP has already well chided me, telling me if I keep eating like that, I'll weigh half kilo more six weeks from now. :P Oy, THAT is probably true, even though their predictions of my STARVING TO DEATH and weighing 62 in six weeks are never even remotely accurate...

MFP lies and taunts me all the time! I hate that calculator. If it were right, I'd be 120 pounds by now, but it lies!

Get back on track, lady. A day like that ONCE IN A WHILE will not hurt you but you know that. I host a big dinner or brunch here and there and am amazed by how easy it is to eat over 2,000 calories if you eat foods that go down easily. I hear confession is good for the soul, though. And our book club winds up being mostly chit chat and baked goods, so I understand entirely!

~Cheri

I had to come back to this thread' date=' GT, and post my confession for I have been v. v. bad...

Yesterday? I ate about 2500 calories -- though I admit it could be more than that as I may have lost count... LOL. Seriously! It was a day full of naughty one-offs, such as full-fat, full-sugar chocolate jogurt, a packet of peanut M&Ms, steak tartare and fries, copious white wine, ice cream with whip cream... I mean, I am talking B-A-D!!! Just wanted you to know you're not the only naughty girl here... ;)

I'm not fasting today, but I am trying to be more virtuous to make up for that bit of wildness. It was my monthly "book club" meeting with three of my local besties...we sometimes actually read a book and talk about it too. :D

ETA: MFP has already well chided me, telling me if I keep eating like that, I'll weigh half kilo more six weeks from now. :P Oy, THAT is probably true, even though their predictions of my STARVING TO DEATH and weighing 62 in six weeks are never even remotely accurate...[/quote']

OMG! I'm living vicariously through you right now! I'm sorry but that sounds like a good day!!

I'm joining a book club :P

A really good friend of mine (not sleeved) started to exercise to try and lose weight... she lost about 21 lbs then stalled for nearly a year. She stopped exercising' date=' followed a diet plan - focused on good quality food and Portion Control and went on the lose at least another 20+lbs! She refuses to go back to the gym until she is at her goal which, is 3lbs away!

For weight loss (disregard toning, well being etc) I don't think exercise is all it is cracked up to be!

Remember when I stopped all exercise cos of my back problem... I didn't lose or gain!

Just something for you to think about?[/quote']

Um....yep, in regards to weight loss, exercise is not the primary factor. However in good health, it's way more important than a number on a scale. Being lighter won't extend your life like being fit will.

OMG! I'm living vicariously through you right now! I'm sorry but that sounds like a good day!!

I'm joining a book club :P

It was, it was Awesome! I am trying to pretend I feel bad for being so off the rails eating-wise, but I don't feel bad in the slightest. It was a great day...and life is short, so you gotta grab the great days when they come along. I enjoyed it all thoroughly.

Well' date=' I've gained about 30 lbs in the last 14 months, and you all know the traumas I've suffered and the inhuman amounts of stress, and it only got worse - I've been given a preliminary diagnosis of a potential neurological illness. Devastated doesn't begin to cover it. I may need to be medevac'd to Germany. I stopped feeling good about myself when I lost my job a year ago June, and it's like I gave up on myself.[/quote']

That's terrible Globe. I sincerely hope it works out for the best. You know all of us here are with you.

Um....yep' date=' in regards to weight loss, exercise is not the primary factor. However in good health, it's way more important than a number on a scale. Being lighter won't extend your life like being fit will.[/quote']

Furthermore, you can not out exercise a bad diet. Trust me, I tried this for a couple years in 2007-2009. It may not seem like a lot of calories eating sweets, donuts, whatnot here and there. However, the calories add up to way more required exercise then is humanly possible. With proper nutrition, then yes, exercise is an effective weight loss tool. Just something to keep in mind if you ever find yourself in a habit of 3-5 hour long workouts to negate those Cookies or ice cream. And still gaining weight. No fun!

GT I hope the diagnoses is incorrect too. You've Had more than your share of struggles already.

Dee I heard you've had like 2500 calories and don't feel guilty in the least. That's awesome. I know I fear gaining and I would painick if I ate that many calories. Lol.

GT let us know how your doing we care about you. :)

Yes, do let us know. I'm thinking of you.

Lynda

Dee I heard you've had like 2500 calories and don't feel guilty in the least. That's awesome. I know I fear gaining and I would painick if I ate that many calories. Lol.

Oh there was a time I would have thought I was on the very verge of DISASTER AND DESPAIR over eating that much in one day. I spent years and years of obsessive calorie-counting and fretting and being a complete neurotic freak about it. I just can't sweat the little stuff anymore, life is too short and too precious to spend worrying about things like that. I generally try to 'be good' about eating reasonably and healthily, and I've become quite good at being grain-free/low-carb and about fasting two days a week without being obsessive about it (!!!), which is amazing in itself. So yeah, a one-off here and there? Just means I'm enjoying life and not getting wound up about the calories all the time. For me? This is a Good Thing. :)

Oh there was a time I would have thought I was on the very verge of DISASTER AND DESPAIR over eating that much in one day. I spent years and years of obsessive calorie-counting and fretting and being a complete neurotic freak about it. I just can't sweat the little stuff anymore, life is too short and too precious to spend worrying about things like that. I generally try to 'be good' about eating reasonably and healthily, and I've become quite good at being grain-free/low-carb and about fasting two days a week without being obsessive about it (!!!), which is amazing in itself. So yeah, a one-off here and there? Just means I'm enjoying life and not getting wound up about the calories all the time. For me? This is a Good Thing. :)

This is a healthy state of mind......This is what I strive for...if only I could get here sooner rather than later....But for now, I am a work in progress. :P

Haha, just watch, Swizzly will end up being down a pound the next time she weighs after that food-a-palooza :P.

TMI Alert:

As for me, I seem to have caught some sort of intestinal thing because even though I've only eaten 3 pieces of toast and a couple saltines in the last 3 days, I'm in the powder room every half hour. Trying to stay hydrated.

As for the rest, I do not have enough sick time accrued to go to Germany, and I simply cannot afford leave without pay so I am stuck for the moment until I think of something.

I agree that exercise can only do some much for weight loss and/or fat loss directly. To be honest, I wonder how much it actually raises ones metabolic rate. I think it does........some........but not as much as we think. Just a hunch and I have no science to back that up. :huh:

However, indirectly, for me.....I think it helps a lot. When I exercise, I do feel physically tired afterwards......for a short time. But my mood, hormones, whatever are elevated and I feel great mentally the rest of the day! And when I feel that great, I do a much better job eating healthy. I could easily down 2000-2500 calories on a day that I don't exercise or days that I feel down in the dumps about something. Call it emotional eating or whatever, but for me, I can and often do, eat a lot more on days that I don't exercise, though I know I shouldn't. So while I'm not sure I get a lot of fat burn from my exercises, or even cardio for that matter, I think it does still help me (indirectly) to eat better the rest of the day, which in turn helps me to lose weight or improve my body composition. But maybe that's just me.......... :)