Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ate 1660 cals yesterday, am in full panic mode

Mine was close on both!

Mine was close on both too...

In the 1400's on both.

TDEE 1710...

I think this really doesn't apply to us as formerly obese people the article that FYE posted a couple of days ago explains some of it I believe.

Interesting. Do you honestly truly believe we cannot "undo" obesity at the cellular or DNA level with the right anatomical or hormonal conditioning? VSG does alter the very nature of hormonal response in the body and that can be further influenced with diet and supplementation. No hard facts, but I do not think the hypothesis should've entirely discounted.

Interesting. Do you honestly truly believe we cannot "undo" obesity at the cellular or DNA level with the right anatomical conditioning? VSG does alter the very nature of hormonal response in the body and that can be further influenced with diet and supplementation. No hard facts' date=' but I do not think the hypothesis should've entirely discounted.[/quote']

Well, pretty good substantiation from other sources. Here is the other article talking about it too

http://www.drsharma.ca/obesitywhy-is-it-so-hard-to-maintain-a-reduced-body-weight.html

Well' date=' pretty good substantiation from other sources. Here is the other article talking about it too

http://www.drsharma.ca/obesitywhy-is-it-so-hard-to-maintain-a-reduced-body-weight.html[/quote']

I know for ME. When I was eating higher calories I was gaining. Now you exercise a LOT and you might be able to. Not me unfortunately.

Interesting. Do you honestly truly believe we cannot "undo" obesity at the cellular or DNA level with the right anatomical or hormonal conditioning? VSG does alter the very nature of hormonal response in the body and that can be further influenced with diet and supplementation. No hard facts' date=' but I do not think the hypothesis should've entirely discounted.[/quote']

I simple answer? No... It's all in the cells as in fat cells and the sheer amount we have over a naturally thin never been obese person?

Okay so my BRM is 1540 and my TDEE is 1904.

So why the heck with average caloric intake of 1000-1150 am I not losing? LoL

I know it's a stall.

But I have been wondering if my inability to do low carb (low carb is not advised for MS patients due to added fatigue) is a factor. I try to keep my carbs around 80 as that seems to be about as low as I can get without feeling the fatigue. I try to keep my carbs from fruits & veggies. I love me some broccoli. But part of me wonders if that is playing a part in this whole thing. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get more Fiber without taking Fiber supplements and not go crazy high with carbs. Can't take fiber because it messes with my digestive track. MS causes wonky things in the twosies department. Probiotic has helped, but not anything significant. Anyone have any good high fiber low carb suggestions?

Okay so my BRM is 1540 and my TDEE is 1904.

So why the heck with average caloric intake of 1000-1150 am I not losing? LoL

I know it's a stall.

But I have been wondering if my inability to do low carb (low carb is not advised for MS patients due to added fatigue) is a factor. I try to keep my carbs around 80 as that seems to be about as low as I can get without feeling the fatigue. I try to keep my carbs from fruits & veggies. I love me some broccoli. But part of me wonders if that is playing a part in this whole thing. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get more Fiber without taking fiber supplements and not go crazy high with carbs. Can't take fiber because it messes with my digestive track. MS causes wonky things in the twosies department. Probiotic has helped' date=' but not anything significant. Anyone have any good high fiber low carb suggestions?[/quote']

Fiber one Cereal. A cup a day keeps me perfectly regular. And not that many calories.

Nope. Not if your TDEE or Base metabolic rate is between that range and you are not eating more than those. My goal is 1200 a day. My base rate 1300 something. If you don't know what your rates are here's are links for both

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx

I worked both those calculators.....the first one gave me a BMR of 2150. The second gave me a BMR of 2900 with a TDEE of 4100! . Now I had my BMR tested a few months ago and it was 2174, so the first calculator was very close.

Everyone should keep in mind that your proportion of lean body mass to fat will affect your BMR, and those calculators have now way to account for that. They only guess. They also cannot account for hormonal differences in each of us that may give us tendencies to store fat easily. And I suspect all of us here are all quite well conditioned to store fat.

Interesting. Do you honestly truly believe we cannot "undo" obesity at the cellular or DNA level with the right anatomical or hormonal conditioning? VSG does alter the very nature of hormonal response in the body and that can be further influenced with diet and supplementation. No hard facts' date=' but I do not think the hypothesis should've entirely discounted.[/quote']

From what I've seen and read, the hormonal responses that are changed have more to do with blood sugar levels and blood pressure regulation. Now blood sugar levels do impact metabolism and therefore fat storage, but that is a small percentage of the equation. If fat cells are staying constant, and indeed giving a hormonal response to be refilled, that just works against us. As far as blood sugar is concerned.....and in my situation.... insulin resistance...they say weight loss, low carb diets and exercise will all help reduce insulin resistance. But I've found in my case, the reduction can be easily undone with one or 2 bad days of eating high GI foods. And then it takes me 3 weeks to get back where I was previously.

And THAT'S why it Takes me a week to lose the 2 pounds it took one day to regain!!! :)

I worked both those calculators.....the first one gave me a BMR of 2150. The second gave me a BMR of 2900 with a TDEE of 4100! . Now I had my BMR tested a few months ago and it was 2174' date=' so the first calculator was very close.

Everyone should keep in mind that your proportion of lean body mass to fat will affect your BMR, and those calculators have now way to account for that. They only guess. They also cannot account for hormonal differences in each of us that may give us tendencies to store fat easily. And I suspect all of us here are all quite well conditioned to store fat.[/quote']

Wow TDEE of 4100!

Heyher - flax seed added to shakes, that's what I do. And what is this about not being able to do low carb? Would you please PM me?