Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 7 weeks post op! Pre weight 210, now I'm 180! I'm only 4' 11 1/2 in! I have found out I'm super lazy, more so than I thought! I work 40 to 50 hours a week ER nurse, have 13 year old boy/girl twins, and, I cannot get motivated to exercise & eat RIGHT! I am disappointed in myself for still eating bad, just in much smaller portions! And, now, I question my portion sizes! Every time I eat, I think, did I eat too much, did I stretch my sleeve, am I stretching my sleeve! I know what I NEED to do I just can't seem to do it!! I have a hiatel hernia & I burp all the time, especially after I eat! My dr said I'm an air swallower & that is why I burp so much! I can't help but think I'm over eating & I can't seem to find a balance!! I, of course, being an RN did not follow the diet plan! I skipped many food steps & went to reg foods at 5 days post op! I know, I know.....I should have followed the dr's plan!! I'm just venting here! I know what I need to do & I'm praying I will do it! I need will power & strength!!

You will figure it out. I am also 4'11", and we started out the same. I was 211 on surgery day. Your progress is a bit better than mine. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and am at 188.

As far as portion sizes go, do you have a food scale? I've been using that religiously since I started on soft solids. I'm getting pretty good at eyeballing portions at this point, but I still use it all the time. I just advanced to the "rest of your life" stage Thursday. I can barely get in the 2 oz of solid Protein at a sitting. Maybe just bring things back to basics for a week and regroup. Remember why you did this in the first place.

Think of what you would tell one of your patients if they were having the same troubles as you. I'm in healthcare as well and sometimes it is very easy to take better care of our patients than we do ourselves! You need to take care of you in order to take care of the ones you love.

You'll figure it out. You are still early in the game and need to get a handle on it before it gets too out of control.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing this! I am 4'10" and 245. I am still three months from WLS but am trying to start making changes now. Working as much as I do, along with other stressors, is making it difficult. But I am determined to make some changes now so it won't be so hard after surgery. But your current weight loss numbers are encouraging. You'll find the right balance. Have you taken before and after pics? I have a friend who has done WLS and she did. She said it was the best thing to keep her motivated. Best of luck to you!

I'm 7 weeks post op! Pre weight 210' date=' now I'm 180! I'm only 4' 11 1/2 in! I have found out I'm super lazy, more so than I thought! I work 40 to 50 hours a week ER nurse, have 13 year old boy/girl twins, and, I cannot get motivated to exercise & eat RIGHT! I am disappointed in myself for still eating bad, just in much smaller portions! And, now, I question my portion sizes! Every time I eat, I think, did I eat too much, did I stretch my sleeve, am I stretching my sleeve! I know what I NEED to do I just can't seem to do it!! I have a hiatel hernia & I burp all the time, especially after I eat! My dr said I'm an air swallower & that is why I burp so much! I can't help but think I'm over eating & I can't seem to find a balance!! I, of course, being an RN did not follow the diet plan! I skipped many food steps & went to reg foods at 5 days post op! I know, I know.....I should have followed the dr's plan!! I'm just venting here! I know what I need to do & I'm praying I will do it! I need will power & strength!![/quote']

Wow...

What to say here...

Just because your an RN doesn't mean you should of circumvented the doctors guidelines.

But you know that, just wanted to put that out there for others reading, you are in the early stages still. It is (was) during those stages that you should be working HARD to change those bad eating habits not give into them. Because though you have messed up and lost some weight it will only work that way for so long.

As every month passes you will be able to eat more and the bad choices will have bigger consequences! Get it under control now.

Call your doctor, and nutritionist and look for a support group.

First off, you're an ER nurse. I doubt you are lazy, you're probably just exhausted. It's hard to make good choices when you're exhausted. How is your sleep? If you aren't getting good sleep, you might consider addressing that right away to provide a better foundation for healthy choices.

Second, from what you've posted, I'm guessing that there is some underlying emotional issue that is making it harder for you to make good food choices. Your choices to advance your food stages faster than recommended appear to be self-destructive behavior. I kind of view it as driving recklessly. Most people survive, but it's an enormous risk and the consequences could be deadly. I would strongly suggest that in addition to Laura-ven's suggestions of getting in touch with your surgeon and nutritionist, that you add a therapist into the mix. Hit this with everything you've got to give yourself the best chance of success that you can. You are worth it!

You can do this! ER nurses are tough Cookies, I know you can handle the challenge. Best of luck to you as you work it through.

Honey, you can do this. I do the same work. So I know how hard and exhausting the job can be. But you worked so hard to get the surgery I agree that it's too early to fall off course. But the great news is that we are here to support you. Call your Nut and physician. Put your self first! You Can do it.

Good luck