Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please read...my first posting, Thank you!

I have not completely confirmed at this time, waiting on financing to go through (submitted today) but My daughter and I have a tentative date of Feb 22 or Feb 23 with Dr. Kurri My daughter is 15 and has a BMI of 45.8 I am 34 and my BMI is 35.5 we are doing this together and I am hoping this is the best thing I can do, not only for myself but mostly for her!!!! I also went through Emedical financing has anyone else use this finance option or this doctor...I would love to hear any information you may have. Thank you ~Jina

Hi Jina!

I have no personal experience with Dr. Kuri - but I haven't ever seen a post saying anything but good stuff about him, so I am sure you and your daughter are in good hands. Maybe some of the NUMEROUS Dr. Kuri patients will chime in.

Welcome to LBT and congrats on your surgery date. I know of at least one other mother/daughter pair that is doing great with the band. I know it helps to have someone to buddy up with.

What a great way to get closer with your teenaged daughter!

Congrats and good luck with your surgeries!

Thank you and maybe I should have posted with Dr. Kuri name....I am still trying to figure out how to use this thing

Congrats on making this life changing decision... like so many have said...

work the band and it will work for you. When I was at my consult yesterday, there was a patient that looked so young and trendy, it will be neat to see her get slimmer and trendier as the months go by.

oh yes my daughter will love to wear "some" of the clothes that she is unable to feel comfortable in now... I say "some" hee hee, as a mom I can't let her show too much.... She says she will love the day when someone makes fun of her for something other than her weight, she will probably give them a big hug!! hee hee

As a person who has always went up and down... (so has my mom) It would be really nice to just be a normal sized person.

I am TRYING to get my mom pumped up for this.... now with me being 37 and her 59... we both need it. She is leery, and says she will wait to see how I do on it...........

That is good for her, this might encourage her more. My mom had gastric and she is 52 she had it about 4 years ago the most she lost was about 70 pounds and is about where she started. She has no desire to pursue the band only because she feels it will fail just as the gastric failed. She told me last night that if she could get to 250 she would be happy and that she would not be happy any less because of the hanging skin she would have which would just lead her to yet another procedure to remove skin.... poor mom!!! I understand how she feels...she is going to start going to the gym with my and my daughter so this will be good!

Jina, that is fabulous news. I wish I had someone to go through the surgery with. Congrats on your impending surgery. I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

Jina Welcome to lapbandtalk.

Best wishes on your tentative surgery plans...here's hoping all comes through for you without a hitch.

keep us posted on yours and your daughters progress...

:P becky

Hello Minimee, My name is Ted you sent me a post a week or so ago and I sent you a long mail back , but I'm thinking you did not get it , so here is a shorter one. I was banded 1/31/07 by Dr. Kuri, he was great and so was his team:clap2: . Today is 2/12/07 and my scares are 99% healed..No real pain there was a little gas pain now and then but you have to walk ASAP, and that to shall pass:guess .You and your daughter are going to the right place, and have one of the best Dr.s around..Good Luck to you both, say Hi for me:) Ted ( rsbg1 )

Ted~

Thank you for your reply and I am glad you posted as I did not get your initial response. We are getting very nervous and I being a worry wart am wondering if I made the right decision. So your post has eased my mind somewhat. I am nervous about the flight (although my daughter loves to fly), travel, surgery and any after problems. I will never know if I have made the right decision until after we are back home safe and hopefully with no complications. I hear so many wonderful things about Dr. Kuri. I am more nervous about going out of the country, more so than having Dr. Kuri. My daughter looks much older than her 15 yrs so I am going to get her a state id made. I am worried we will have problems getting back into the US with it being more strict now. Any more information you would like to share would be wonderful. I need someone to ease my mind as possible. Thank you!!