Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

Niecyrenee

What is this m/e? I know it means meat and eggs but what do you eat, just meat and eggs?

Yes, but you can have like egg salad, deviled eggs, chix salad, tuna salad,etc....just no veggies or carbs... you can also still have your coffee or tea just use your sf sweetners. You can use mayo, mustard, hot sauce, butter, seasonings, there's a low carb ketsup I think by Heinz, that is acceptable, etc.

The goal is to keep your carbs at 10g aday or lower. It puts you into deep ketosis, which causes your body to burn your stored fat as energy instead. After the first 2-3 days into the me your stored glucose (sp) levels are usually burned up by then and you start being into ketosis. I usually lose a pound a day, or close to it. It's very important to drink your Water and take your Vitamins. I wouldn't recommend doing it for more than 5 days at a time. I tend to mix it up a bit, I do 2-3 days a week.

Im here!! And a couple more pounds are here with me...lol...I just have been so discouraged lately with my progress and have gotten kinda slack when it comes to my workout due to the loss, but I am here and I see that everyone is doing so wonderful now...

I am giving myself a break right now and am starting hard core on Monday, but I just feel like I need a little rest from stressing over everything that I eat and rushing home to work out...So, I took a week break just for myself to kick back and enjoy life...But like I said, Monday I am back in full gear and ready to go!!

A break every now and again is a good thing. We can easily get burned out. I agree with you, it gets so tiring thinking every minute of everyday about what to eat, what not to eat, how to exercise, etc. :bored There are those days/times when I just have to set back and just focus on me, not my weight. When Monday comes, you will be going great guns again! :bananapowerslide:Allow yourself some time to rest.

Teresita, I have said it once and I will say it again...You are DA QUEEN!!! There are so many people on here that I am just so proud of...

So true, so true!! Back when I was just a lurker, I would see Teresita's post and be so inspired! :love: We have the best group here in Bootcamp!

Well, here's my morning update....:update:

I was good yesterday as far as my eating but since we had church last night, I got no exercise in. Therefore, my weight loss for yesterday was on .6! :omg: I figured as least a pound but any lose is great!! Who am I to complain? 6.6 lbs. in 3 days is amazing!! :peace: I am trying to decide whether to stay on m/e for today as well or do lc for the rest of the week and weekend and start m/e again on Monday. It really wouldn't be that difficult for me to do m/e today, it's just laziness on my part that has me considering the other.

I have to go have my blood drawn this morning so they can check my cholesterol. I was taken off my cholesterol meds awhile back and they want to see how things are going. The last time I was at the doc, he took me down to 1/2 of a 5 mg blood pressure med per day and said they would probably be able to take me off it altogether now!! :whoo:

We are having our birthday lunch at work today and we are having a BBQ. We had some nice, warm days so we planned a BBQ and now it's cold and rainy out. :cry Ugh! Oh well, we have a gazebo to stand under to grill and we'll just eat indoors. Since I can't eat this morning and I could have a bunless hamburger or hotdog at lunch, I probably should do m/e...what to do? :D Oh the decisions!

Hugs to everyone...I appriciate each and everyone of yall....

I am on vacation day today so I guess that I will check in just for kicks...lol

1 egg drop on a piece of wheat toast with shredded cheese (breakfast) dont know what made me do it or even think of it...I just broke open an egg and dropped it into some boiling Water and let it cook...Was pretty good...Guess it was healthier than trying to fry or scramble it...lol

1 chili enchilada and 1 chicken enchilada (lunch) has leftovers from dinners this past week and trying to get rid of them...

Expected dinner will probably be just a salad for me...Im stuffed right now

Getting in plenty of liquids today and always have a bottle beside me drinking it down

Planning on mowing the dang yard after I pick up my son for school so I guess that will count as a little bit of a workout for me today

Hi All!:Banane01:

Thanks for the smiley instructions...a whole new world of possibilities!:rolleyes

I realize this may be TMI.. but I FINALLY started my period:horn: And was up running to the bathroom all night!:roll: but guess what?? Lost 8lbs this morning!!:) I hate that TOM:rolleyes:.

I am seriously committed to behaving starting Monday:Banane26: Back to strict M/E for me! Hope everyone is having a good day. Its dreary here and COLD!:)

I have to go fill up my water! You guys make me guilty!!:kiss

Love you all:girl_hug:

Turner24:Banane36: (I needed this guy Monday for my PMS post! LOL)

TURNER you are using the smilies very well:biggrin1: :heh:

I went to my pcp today for bloodwork, they were totally amazed at me, they said I looked really different.:omg: Anyways their scale said I weighed 261:biggrin1: But I'll wait until Sunday to change all my stats.

A few days later............Well, it's Sunday Morning....and I've lost 5lbs for the week:biggrin1:

Turner: Talk to your doctor's office manage and get a payment plan you can live with or just talk to them and ask if you can still get support. They will let you know. Don't be embarassed, just matter of fact. If not, ask them to refer you to someone else. The doctor shouldn't get involved in the financial end of things. We have a business and these things happen. It's much better to be up front about it and let them know that you intend to pay them back at some point.

Denise: Can you remind me of the rules for the M/E diet? Thanks.

KAREYQUILTS see response #1186 up above....my reply to Ms Jen

Hope everyone is on program and behaving your selves. I'm back on track, day 4 no cheating:biggrin1: Just gotta make more time for exercise:cry My sister is coming for a visit sooo I will get her to watch my boys while I hit the pavement.:heh:

I made egg drop Soup lastnite very good, only carbs came from the eggs which I think have 1 per egg. I usually can't eat dinner soo this was a very nice change for me:hungry: if y'all need the recipe let me know.

I wanted to come by and say that I am proud of myself because I have not gained 1lb. but I have lost 6 more lb's even with being pregnant. I miss you guys sooooooooooo much and woke up today to think "hmmmmm... I want to start working out again" and I wanted to write you all... I'm going to change my ticker now to show chanege<3

Congratulations, Morning Funeral, glad you checked in! You're going to be successful during and after your pregnancy! Keep in touch!

I thought that I would go ahead and check in for my weekly weigh in...I have a total loss of .5 lbs after fighting for the same 2 lbs for a couple week...I expected to be a couple lbs heavier after my weekend and ended up .5 lb lighter...So, good for me...Starting my workout again on Monday and hopefully that will turn everything around for me

I'm out of town so I can't weigh myself, but I haven't been able to exercise for nearly 2 weeks (had a health scare) and have not been making good choices. Glad I have this thread to help with a reality check. I have the go ahead to start exercising again, so I will get with the program again in 3 days when I get back home! Life is a trade off sometimes. Thanks for all the great posts and hard work. You guys are an inspiration!

Hey everyone,

I was so swamped at work last week, that I didn't even have time to log into LBT - not that I was missed, but I did miss reading everyones ups and downs. Looks like we had more downs than ups, and that is a great thing!

Congrats to all you losers, and to those that are struggling, you are doing great because you haven't given up. It is inspiring.

I will add to the losers group, I lost 4 more pounds for a total of 36 (oops, got to adjust my sig!), I think the brain side of all of this is finally sinking in. Eating too much, makes you sick, duh!!

I had an NSV on Friday night - I went to a get together at some friends house and they had lots of great looking food (brisket, Beans, potato salad) and I just sat at the table and visited while they ate their food and saved my tummy room for a glass or two (okay it was 3) glasses of wine instead. It was okay to be in a social situation and not to eat - it was actually quite empowering to realize after 43 years of fighting this fight, that I can have the power over the food and I get to decide what is best for me. It also helps that I people are really starting to notice the weight loss now and the clothes are looking a lot better.

EVeryone have a great week - I really want to be part of the group, so I will try and not miss a week again.

Later,