Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

So, does it matter how much meat you eat during the meal or are you keeping it pretty limited too? Im sorry about all the questions?

So, does it matter how much meat you eat during the meal or are you keeping it pretty limited too? Im sorry about all the questions?

Avilla, for me I have a really good fill and I can only do like a half piece of chix, or about 3oz or less of any meat. For yourself you should eat until you are satisfied. I guess it all depends on your fill. Usually when I have my 3oz of meat I'm full for about 4-5 hours sometimes longer.

But I also have to deal with emotional eating, or eating junk because someone else is eating it, or even being bored. But when I'm doing the m/e it helps me to stay focus on the m/e. I think DENISE has mentioned this too. It's like we need the displine (sp).

Avilla--I agree with Tann. I need the discipline and m/e helps me stay focused. It does tend to get boring from time to time but when I get on the scale, it motivates me to keep going.:) I'll post my menu for the day either tonight or tomorrow morning. lunch and dinner are both undecided. Good luck with it!

Tann--I get embarrassed with the attention as well. No matter where I go, it seems to be the topic. Man, when we do reach goal! I can only imagine! (Hehe, that's the name of one of my favorite songs and as I typed it, the song popped in my head and I can't seem to quit singing it now. :lalala: )

Sounds pretty much straight forward....I am going to have to pick a day to start with yall...I am scheduled for a fill on Friday so I am afraid to start anything new right now....So, I am going to watch yalls menu and get some good ideas to start with on Monday when I am allowed to eat again...So send me some good stuff...lol

Avilla....lol my menu is pretty boring....for today 4/23

B: decaff black tea

L: grilled chix

D: egg drop soup

water & sf Water thru out the day:bored :biggrin1:

I'm going walking today, & cleaning my bathroom that's the excitement for the day.

Avilla....lol my menu is pretty boring....for today 4/23

B: decaff black tea

D: egg drop soup

Water & sf Water thru out the day:bored :biggrin1:

I'm going walking today, & cleaning my bathroom that's the excitement for the day.

I was wondering if you made your own egg drop Soup? ? If so, how are you making it?

Avilla, yes I make my own egg drop Soup because I don't know what kind of fillers that the resturant make.

1 can of chix broth

2 eggs

salt free seasonings

fresh chiles or dried onions

Heat the chix broth up to an almost boil with the seasonings

then slowly stir in lightly beaten eggs and top with chiles.

The dried onions & chiles add up to less than a carb or two so that is ok.

4/24

B: decaff tea

D: egg salad without the relish:cry

Here was my menu for yesterday:

B-Hard boiled egg

L-Grilled chicken with a few cooked onion slivers (shouldn't have had the onions but I couldn't resist)

D-Ditto lunch

Real exciting, I know. :bored While I am doing m/e this week, I am certainly not having the results I have been seeing. TOM is just around the corner and that always affects my weightloss. I seem to have the most issues as far as eating and weightloss the week before I actually start. :girl_hug: This seems to be the week. I fought head hunger yesterday and really wanted to cave but remained strong...for the most part. The onions while not really bad for you, aren't on the eating plan. Oh well! I plan to do better today! I didn't lose yesterday, but at least I didn't gain which used to be my norm this time of the month.

I had really hoped to make my 100 lbs. lost this month and I still might, but if I don't because of TOM, I am ok with that. I will have it in no time. It hit me the other day that if m/e continues along with somewhat of the same results (or even worse), I will be in twoterville within 2 weeks!!! :) I only have 9 lbs. to go!!!!! :high5: It seems so unreal and here I am, almost there! Sunday night I was looking at some of our wedding pics and I was amazed at the difference from now! We were married 7 years ago last month and I now weigh less then I did then!! In fact, as well as I can remember, I am a little less then I was about 6 months before the wedding!

Did everyone's week get off to a good start? We seem to have lost so many members. I hate that! Everyone's schedule must have gotten really busy. :phanvan I refuse to believe anything else.

I agree DENISE we have lost quite a few members:cry Hey but we'll hold down the fort until they decide to come back.

I had some blood work done last week....just talked with the nurse about the results....my cholsterol level went up from 218 to 256:eek: :cry She asked if I have been eating a lot of red meat, which I had been in March. She said to limit the beef to twice a week. But I had already decided last week to cut beef out of my diet to maybe 1-3 times a year maybe on just major holidays. I was told it causes colon cancer. Oh well, all I can eat now is fish, chix, & lamb. I'm leaving pork alone too:think

Oh tann, eliminating red meat would be hard! I try to eat a lot of chicken cause I have heard that it and fish are the best for you and I don't like fish so... They go back and forth so often about what's good for you and what's not. Are eggs good for you now or not? Do they raise your cholesterol? I worried about that when I went to see my doctor this last time because he was doing bloodwork to check mine and I knew I had been eating a lot of eggs. Bloodwork was good but it still made me wonder.

Actually Denise, I didn't really eat alot of red meat, but in March I was craving it like nobodys business and I had quite a bit of red meat. I guess it really raised my chols levels. Anything over 200 is not good and I was already at 218:eek: Even tho I do m/e I don't eat alot of eggs only about 2 a week. Like tonite I will be using one egg for my egg salad. When I made the egg drop Soup I only ate 3 spoons of it because I wasn't hungry.

How was your chols levels?

Mine is at 180. I used to have high cholesterol (slightly, not too high) and took meds but he took me off them about 3-4 months ago and it has been good every since. I wish they would take me off my high blood pressure medicine. My family doctor has a new doctor in with him and last time I went to him, I got the new guy. I wasn't overly thrilled with this but I thought it can't be too bad.

Anyway, the time before the last when I was there, my doc said my blood pressure was 116/64 and he wanted me to start taking half of my 5mg pill a day and then he would work me off them. He said you don't want to quit taking them cold turkey. So, I started taking half a pill but I have to be honest, I wasn't taking it everyday because there were times when I felt like my bp was low. So when the new doc takes my bp this last time, it was like 120/72 or real close to that. He decided that I should stay on my meds because that is perfect and you don't mess with perfect. I told him what my doctor had done that last time I was there and that he talked about taking me off them this time. He asked if I was getting dizzy when I stood up. I said yeah, sometimes. He said that was because my bp was low.

Well now, I get the dizzy feeling a lot and I am tired so much and everyone tells me it's from my bp being low. I go back to my family doctor next month so I called the office and told the receptionist that I wanted to see my regular doctor and not the other guy. I feel like he will take me off it. I am only taking my half a pill every other day. I thought about going and seeing him about it before my next appt but decided not to. If it gets worse, I will but I think it is better since I don't take the pill everyday.

Wow Denise, you are dealing with alot with your bp. But it is good you are on top of it, with staying close with your doctors.

I see you are only 4 pounds from the big 100. You WILL make that 100 this month, even with TOM. But if by some very small chance you don't, it will be the first week in May for sure.:biggrin1:

I did good today around a co-workers b-day luncheon. They had bread wings & a ceasar's salad w/croutons. I peeled the skin back and had one bite of the wing. I must be in ketosis because I'm not hungry at all. I will check my stick tonite. Do you ever get the induction flu when you do m/e? It's a sick to your stomach feeling and you can not stand the site of food. I think it is gonna hit me any day now:speechles

Yesterday was one of those blah days when I was so exhausted and feeing ticked at the doctor that left me on this medicine...hence, the long post about bp. Thanks for listening to me. :biggrin1:

I am now back on track thinking I will make it to 100 this month as well! :clap2: I started to doubt it the beginning of the week but with a 2 lb. weight loss yesterday, I am believing it again! I really thought that the impending TOM would blow that dream way out of the Water but maybe it's not going to be as rough on me as I first thought.

Good job with lunch yesterday! :D I too must be in ketosis because I'm not hungry really either. Last night my mil was making dh and I supper because I had a meeting from 3-5:30 and then another that started at 6:30 so preparing a meal was out. Anyway, she made homemade pizza. :nervous I LOVE homemade pizza but of course couldn't eat any because I am totally dedicated to m/e. The thing was, when I thought about it, I really didn't want anything and so I didn't eat. Needless to say I was amazed that I could sit at the table with dh and his parents while they ate the pizza, chips, Cookies and the such and not even be tempted! What a milestone! :)

Sometimes I get the induction flu but not everytime. I did last week for sure. Nothing looked good! It ususally hits me about day 3. That's today so it may be looming. I do have to admit, my grilled chicken planned for lunch is not sounding appealing at all. :tired

I was just wanting to check in and let everyone know that yall are doing so good...I am proud of each and every one of you...I know its a daily struggle for us all...I had to take my son to see his nutritionist yesterday and while I was there I went ahead and asked her about the m/e diet and she was totally against it for me...Something about nutritional values, consitipation and colon cancer risks...I am still considering trying it, because all I would have to do is take plenty of Vitamins and make sure that I continue to do #2 every day or every other day...I just want the pounds to come off and it seems that everyone that is on it is doing so great with their loss...And I really appriciate everyone that is doing it posting what they are eating...I will be right there with yall come Monday probably...Everyone keep on trucking