Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Weeks Post Op: My Trials and Tribulations Lol

Hey Guys,

I am Kari and I am 20 years old. I had my sleeve surgery on July 2, 2013. I was released from the hospital on July 4th.

The first day was pretty much a blur. I was so SCHWASTED on the IV pain medications. I literally fell asleep while walking the first night after surgery. Lol

The first few days were the hardest. The pain was pretty tolerable. Infact I was off my pain meds after the second day home so 4 days post op My pain was pretty much gone.

The detoxing from the food was really what made the first few days hard. I had random crying spells because I missed food. I would wake up in the morning and cry because I couldn't just go to the fridge and stuff my face Like I used to.

I knew I was addicted to food but, I didn't realize how bad it was until I literally couldn't eat anything.

I advanced myself to solid food pretty fast. By the second week I was eating small portions of everything I used to. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!! I hit a 2 week stall not because my body had just reached a plateau but because I was eating small portions of foods that I used to eat. I had lost 20lbs in about one week and felt like I was invincible but I wasn't. It took about a Two more weeks to get myself out of the slump I had put myself in which was kind of a waste of my time because I could've been down 30lbs by week 4. But, you live and you learn

Now, it is week 4 and I have finally gotten out of the CALORIE induced stall. I am now down 23lbs!!! Yay!

This journey has been hard and kind of stressful. But, it is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I wouldn't change it!!!

post-61848-13813668413115_thumb.jpg

post-61848-13813668413968_thumb.jpg

Great job so far!!

Omg! I'm doing the same thing. But on a smaller scale.......more like 2-3 small bites of Protein high meat/beans or two a day. I need to stop this. I haven't even lost much the first week...I so don't want to not lose weight....I PAID FOR THE SURGERY....GAAAHHHHHH! haha

Mumtazg38

This is a learning experience. Don't let any of these people on forums etc let you think they never cheated or got discouraged and went of plan. We all have! No one is perfect and you can't expect to not make mistakes.

The good thing is you realize it now and you have enough time to change your behaviors and still have success.

Keep on keeping on lol!

Inbox me if you have any questions :)

Mumtazg38

This is a learning experience. Don't let any of these people on forums etc let you think they never cheated or got discouraged and went of plan. We all have! No one is perfect and you can't expect to not make mistakes.

The good thing is you realize it now and you have enough time to change your behaviors and still have success.

Keep on keeping on lol!

Inbox me if you have any questions :)

Very true indeed! But honestly I don't think it would have sunken in what I was doing was wrong and why it was wrong if I hadn't seen your post in the first place. So I thank you bunches and bundles for the slap back to reality! :D

You're Welcome. I'm glad my post could help some people out :)

The best is yet to come!

I had my surgery on 7/22/13 & have not cheated at all. I'm afraid the staples would come out & I would die & no one would take care of my kids.

Well I didn't start seeing a lot of weight loss until my fourth month and then it took another four months to see anymore. I've lost in total after 1 year 130 lbs. it's not gonna come off right away I thought that too lol but it's well worth it you will see a decent amount of weight loss in a couple months I was 285 now I weigh 155 so just stick to the diet they gave you it may take a while but it's well worth it :-)