Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just looking at some members before and after pics...how beautiful others were looking in their new clothes and bathing suits, etc.

It got me to thinking...I'm finally wearing my clothes...instead of them wearing me.

78 pounds ago...my clothes wore me. I would put on nearly anything that I could get around my large torso and fat a$$. Not that I looked all that bad...but I think to a large extent I settled for what fit around my frame.

Fast forward to today...78 pounds lost...and I now have choices. I can choose between this pair of pants or that pair. I can even consider a pair of skinny jeans. I'm wearing heels again and looking tall and (almost) slender.

Wearing clothes is fun again.

Just one more validation for getting my sleeve.

I feel the same- I purchase items just because I can put them on. I can't wait for the day that I can choose my style!!!

Congrats on your 78 lb weight loss!!

I love wearing skinny clothes. I hope I don't ever just settle for anything that fits again. I want to buy the clothes that really touch me and I feel comfortable in. :P

I have lost about 40% of my excess weight so I am at a lower size than I started, but not yet where I am going to end up. So, for now, I am purchasing sale items as they are temporary. I am still amazed at how GOOD they look, even for temporary fashions. It is yet another motivator to help me get to goal and another new wardrobe!

I love wearing skinny clothes. I hope I don't ever just settle for anything that fits again. I want to buy the clothes that really touch me and I feel comfortable in. :P

It's a total power trip. I feel more confident and self-assured. I'm still me...only better. Much, much better.

It's lovely not to have to settle...:-)

I get this! Yes I love shopping now yes it's only 70 pounds or so gone, but when I shop it's more than just being able to wear "normal" sizes it's wearing something I like!

When I shopped before, if I found something that fit. I bought it. Because finding something that fit was hard enough. I did not have the luxury of liking it or not.

So agree! I am only 45 down with many more to go before I reach goal but notice how my clothes r getting loose. I am so excited to get to shop for something I like and not have the dreadful feeling when everything I've tried on doesn't fit or looks horrible.

I liked what I bought, but I paid an arm and a leg for most of my clothes. Can you say Macy's Tier One Store Plus Size department for under $100? Not usually. Now I can wear a wider variety of clothes and I mostly shop at Target, Walmart, Forever 21, etc. I still remember the first day it dawned on me that I could now tuck my shirt in. I kept looking at my outfit, not liking the way my shirt looked under my jacket and Tada! the thought came to me to try tucking my shirt in! It had been so many years since I wore a tucked in shirt, it simply didn't occur to me for months after I got thinner.

Lynda

Can't remember the last time I tucked my shirt in..wow lol. Am looking forward to not just gazing longingly into the windows of forever 21 and such. :-) Hopefully next summer I can even buy a .....swimsuit. :-0. Lol

Can't remember the last time I tucked my shirt in..wow lol. Am looking forward to not just gazing longingly into the windows of forever 21 and such. :-) Hopefully next summer I can even buy a .....swimsuit. :-0. Lol

Oh my dream! A swimsuit!!

I probably have to learn how to swim again !

I know the feeling:) Down 50 pounds and shopping is a completely different experience. I was so limited before and nothing ever really looked good on me. Now I can find clothes in the clearance sections, Sam's, etc. I was really amazed when I found a Limited top that fit in an XL at the thrift store. Love the thrift store for finding inexpensive, low-cost clothes while I'm still losing :D . I'm hoping to be down another size by our vacation to the beach in September. I'm actually looking foward to it this year - bonus: my thighs don't rub together anymore!

I'm down 85lbs and no longer shop in the big and tall section. I am now a part of the regular size club. My wife bought some clothes but had to return them because they were too big even though they were way smaller than I used to wear. I am thrilled with my weight loss after 5 months, but my wife is killing our bank account buying new clothes for me. I told her that I am still losing weight and to slow down, but I am indulging her since I deprived her for long. One ironic thing i discovered while shopping is when I wore a 2-4X, I could fine anything. Now I see tons of 2Xs and not my size. Yeah for all of us!!!!

I know the forever 21 feeling you guys should read my NSV post :)