Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I forgot Taebo was a workout! *sweaty*

Since surgery on 6/11, I've been walking every day. I increase my distance but my minutes walked decreases at I lose weight and get a little more "fit."--- 40 lbs lost as of yesterday, whoop whoop!--- I enjoy my walks, but in this hot/ humid south Louisiana weather, I have to walk early in the morning for it to be tolerable. (The 60 yr old women put me to shame jogging at noon in my street! Lol)

Anyway, I wanted to have an alternative for when its just too hot or raining outside, so I picked me up a couple workout DVDs-- one of them being Taebo. I totally forgot what a workout it is! (I did a little jump rope before as a warm up) Sweating after 10 minutes -- and knowing that its not just the humidity making my face damp!! It was a good feeling! Yeah!!

:)

So...

What are y'all favorite indoor cardio exercises?

Any favorite workout DVDs?

I love love love anything belly dance and bollywood. Those are fun!

I like Jillian Michaels DVDs. Tae bo sounds fun though!

I will not allow my wife to get onto Tae Bo. She is scary enough already. :o:D

I am more of a strength training kind of guy. When I do my push-ups, knee bends, cable stretching, and weight lifting without much time in between sets the aerobic aspect is covered, at least in my mind. My pulse is kept up and my breathing is accelerated for at least 30 minutes.

I know that I have six-pack abs....underneath the sheath of cascading loose skin that I maintain for modesty's sake. :rolleyes:

I love love love anything belly dance and bollywood. Those are fun!

I like Jillian Michaels DVDs. Tae bo sounds fun though!

I actually bought a Burlesque Jazzercise DVD also... We'll see how that goes! Lol And there are belly-dance classes available near me I'd love to take... But after I drop a little more weight.

And my friend RAVES about the Jillian M workout but says they are so hard. Are they that bad??

I will not allow my wife to get onto Tae Bo. She is scary enough already. :o:D

I am more of a strength training kind of guy. When I do my push-ups, knee bends, cable stretching, and weight lifting without much time in between sets the aerobic aspect is covered, at least in my mind. My pulse is kept up and my breathing is accelerated for at least 30 minutes.

I know that I have six-pack abs....underneath the sheath of cascading loose skin that I maintain for modesty's sake. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the good laugh!!

I actually bought a Burlesque Jazzercise DVD also... We'll see how that goes! Lol And there are belly-dance classes available near me I'd love to take... But after I drop a little more weight.

And my friend RAVES about the Jillian M workout but says they are so hard. Are they that bad??

Oh Burlesque Jazzercise...didn't even know there was one. I'll have to look into that.

In the beginning, yes! But you get strong fast and its a great combination of cardio and strength training. I get more results with them than anything else. My favorite is her Kickboxing one. It's only 20 minutes and at first I couldn't get through the whole thing. Now it's a little too easy. I'm working on her No Trouble Zones right now. OMG I'm literally dying after but I can almost do the whole thing now. It's 50 minutes long!

I am almost 8 months out, I started working out around 6 1/2 months out once my weight loss declined. I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred for 8 days now. The first 2 days I was like "I'm gonna die I hate working out!" Lol but I kept going I printed out a 30 day calendar and it motivates me to put a big check mark in each square! It's only 20 min which is awesome and I've deff seen a difference already in my stamina day one 5 push-ups now 15! My arms are smaller and the skin is tightening I can't wait to do level 2 I'm a few days :D

I am almost 8 months out' date=' I started working out around 6 1/2 months out once my weight loss declined. I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred for 8 days now. The first 2 days I was like "I'm gonna die I hate working out!" Lol but I kept going I printed out a 30 day calendar and it motivates me to put a big check mark in each square! It's only 20 min which is awesome and I've deff seen a difference already in my stamina day one 5 push-ups now 15! My arms are smaller and the skin is tightening I can't wait to do level 2 I'm a few days :D[/quote']

I remember the first time I did 30 Day Shred. I couldn't walk for 5 days! Haha. I don't have that one but I think I'll get to see how far I've come.

I am almost 8 months out, I started working out around 6 1/2 months out once my weight loss declined. I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred for 8 days now. The first 2 days I was like "I'm gonna die I hate working out!" Lol but I kept going I printed out a 30 day calendar and it motivates me to put a big check mark in each square! It's only 20 min which is awesome and I've deff seen a difference already in my stamina day one 5 push-ups now 15! My arms are smaller and the skin is tightening I can't wait to do level 2 I'm a few days :D

Haha..

That's awesome! I think Jillian M might be the next one I buy. I'd like to have a little collection for variety. And I think I can hang for 20 minutes!

I use the game Hip Hop Dance Experience.. It has me sweating after the first song.. And also YouTube is great for finding excersizes to fit you.. Also Dance Central is great I play on my sons Xbox but both are available in other formats. Great workout though..