Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone hear about a Mexico Bariatric Center patient passing away this weekend?

I heard through a family member that an MBC patient passed away the day after surgery this weekend. Has anyone heard any details?

So what did your family member tell you? How did they hear about it? And what doctor? The last I heard the coordinating company doesn't actually do the surgery...

People would be more likely to know information based on hospital/doctor rather than who the coordinator is. Do you know the doctor/hospital?

I don't think this would be public information. I'm sure Mexico has laws similar to HIPPA. A close friend or family member would be the only one that could confirm or deny this. Whether true or false, there could be multiple reasons other then neglect or malpractice if that's the implication. JMHO

Wow you really don't like this company!

Why? I know nothing about them personally but would love to know more!

Below is a post by you right?

Please be VERY careful when dealing with Mexico Bariatric Center. ......

Maybe you should ask that same relative more pertinent details. As others have said the coordinator company is irrelevant. The relevant information would be who the surgeon was and the hospital.

Edit: Unless of course the goal of your posts today was to slam your most hated coordinator company yet again.

I would have to disagree that the coordinating company isn't relevant. The coordinating companies work with specific Dr's. If you choose one company, you're limited to the surgeons that company works with. Choosing the right coordinating company is just as important as choosing the most skillful surgeon.

From what's being said in Mexico, it was Dr. Valenzuela

That's all that was being said was that a patient of hers passed away and was found the following morning unresponsive.

And yes, I do have an issue with this company. They are marketing themselves as being in business for a long period of time when, in reality, it's only been less than a year. The Dr's that MBC work with are the Dr's that have the least amount of experience out of the other major coordinating companies and if you look at the credentials of MBC's Dr's vs. the other major coordinators, they come no where near some of the Dr's in Mexico.

Any company selling surgeries with specific Dr's should have done extensive research on that dr's skills, length of practice and credentials. Any any patient looking to have surgery should do the same. Mexico has not HIPPA laws, but it does have a really good grapevine of gossip. Just giving people a heads up.

Edited by Alex Brecher
Attorneys for MBC claim your statement is false, defamatory and slanderous

Want an example of the type of coordinator MBC is? Go to www.alejandrolopezmd.com and that will take you directly to MBC. However, MBC does NOT do business with Dr. Lopez.

Dr. Lopez is in an exclusive contract with A Lighter Me.

With his only background being a webmaster, this is the type of shenanigans MBC uses to get patients.

He even has the phone number listed on that site as 855 Dr. Lopez, which will ring you right into MBC.

Everytime a thread has "I heard it from ________..." I instantly think of the REO Speedwagon song Take It on the Run.

Heard it from a friend who

Heard it from a friend who

Heard it from another you been messin' around

I sincerely hope this thread is completely bogus as the loss of a life, whether it was a freak accident or negligence, is tragic and should not be used to malign one to the benefit of another. :-(

That said, spreading rumors without backing it up with facts to substantiate it is pretty darn "bogus" in its own right. :-(

Listen guys, do I dislike MBC? Absolutely. If you feel differently, that's OK, we don't have to agree on this. All I'm saying is be careful. I'm not on here to start a fight with anyone or to get into a debate. I'm saying this information is out there and all you have to do is search around and you will find it. For those that want it, I'm making it easier for you to find it. I wish everyone luck in their surgery no matter where they have it or with whichever surgeon they choose. If anyone has any questions, I would be more happy to answer them or give you my email if you want to talk privately.

So yeah, Who's real here? I don't know anymore....

I think a good rule of thumb is to look at the poster click on their profile.... Then look at their posts. Do they contribute to this site on a semi regular basis? Do they talk about things in their sleeved life other than their experience with their awesome doctor? and hospital? and coordinating company? If not?? Well, you know what they say about a duck

Could I get the name of this patient? Absolutely I could. Out of respect for the family I would NEVER put that information out on a public forum.

I sincerely hope that the next patient who dies doesn't disregard my warnings because people want to discredit me simply based on my post count and my content. I've been pretty consistent with my warnings about this company. I've also received emails from MBC's attorneys demanding I stop posting (be more than happy to post that too) and yet I'm continuing to post. I'm not afraid of his attorney because what I'm saying is the truth. If it wasn't, I guess I would've already been served papers. Since I haven't, guess that means they have no case against me.