Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh! I cheated on pre op diet

I'm on day 6 of pre op diet and eat 1/2 cup of rice with chorizo(Mexican sausage),beans and bacon. I'm no damn good right now. My surgery is on July 31, i have to stay focused.

I know right that's the scary part I haven't had surgery yet but my husband is going to be eating all this yummy stuff and I'm gonna be like mmmmm:(

I was doing great but tomorrow is the last day of a nursing class I'm taking and everyone decided we should a pot luck party for our last class. I said I'd bring paper goods but our coordinator said she assigned that to someone else cause she rather taste my cooking than the other persons...lol. I said " ok ill make my favorite rice dish" big mistake! I knew I couldn't resist that rice, shame on me. Now the other test will be the actual pot luck party itself...I will not cheat!

Today was day 6 of my liquid diet. I had a really bad, stressful day. I wanted to dive into a 1/2 gallon of butter pecan ice cream.... As I walked through the grocery I started rationalizing that my Dr. only prescribed 7 days of liquids, not 14, so "technically" I didn't have to start till Thursday...What did I do? I had a coupon for $1.50 off a 4 pack of EAS shakes. I grabbed the shakes and checked out. When I got home, I took a French vanilla Advantedge shake, added a few drops of butter pecan extract, some ice cubes, and threw it all in a blender. It was yummy, and I didn't have to feel guilty and remorseful like I would have had I bought and eaten that ice cream. A NSV (non-scale victory).

I am on day 5 of pre-op...clear liquids only. I just stuck a tablespoon of Peanut Butter in my mouth! Help. I feel guilty!

I am on day 5 of pre-op...clear liquids only. I just stuck a tablespoon of Peanut Butter in my mouth! Help. I feel guilty!

I did that too...lol. It's not funny though.

I cheated on my pre-op diet as well. Surgery was this past Monday (22nd) and all went well, even after I cheated Saturday night and are popcorn at the movies. The biggest thing is, don't let one slip up bring you down. Cheat 1 meal? Make it right the rest of the day. ????

I am not going to come down on anyone for cheating but the pre-op diet is to help you prepare for your new life. I am 5 months and 84lbs down and did not cheat on pre or post-op diet and to date I still haven't. I have lost and gained weight more times in my life than I care to mention. I am a proponent of pre-ops going to more than one required psych eval to work out your respective issues with food. Surgery was a last ditch effort for me to stay healthy and I WILL NOT fail? I have cheated my wife and family out of two many years by being overweight. Sure, you can recover from a slip, but why put yourself in that situation. Stay the course and follow the instructions of your nut and surgeon and you'll see results. Don't and you have no one to blame but yourself. Remember this is a permanent lifestyle change and not a temporary diet. You will need to get in 60-90gms of Protein, take Calcium and Multivitamins, and not drink 30-40 mins prior and after eating for life. Not doing these things will have serious effects on your progress and health. So, think about that when you get that urge to cheat and you give in to temptation. To the person who made a shake with butter pecan extract and ice, I commend you. I wish you all well on your journey.

I'm on day 6 of pre op diet and eat 1/2 cup of rice with chorizo(Mexican sausage),beans and bacon. I'm no damn good right now. My surgery is on July 31, i have to stay focused.

dont feel bad I cheated on day five then i was so scared that i never did it again i dont think one slip will hurt u just keep on track and it will be very hard. good luck

My doc put me on Optifast for 2 weeks pre-op, but I decided that wasn't enough so I tried to do 5 weeks! Well, I failed, miserably. I cheated and cheated, all the while beating myself up for it. So by the time I got down to two weeks pre-op--the two weeks required by my doc--I left town and stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks!

I know this is extreme, but I didn't want to cheat, and I didn't trust myself around all that temptation. I felt I had to do whatever it took to keep myself on track. I'm not saying you need to hole yourself up in a hotel like I did! But don't hesitate to put yourself in situations that will lead to your success, and avoid situations that may lead to cheating. It's about putting yourself first, and making your health your #1 priority.

Don't beat yourself up, just move on. Every day's a new day! You got this!!!

Day 17 now. I didn't cheat at all for 15 days and I only have 4 more days to go before surgery. I was having no problem and then all of a sudden I couldn't stand it. I needed another flavour and the Dijon was Bliss!! I had 8 ritz crackers yesterday with a small slice of cheese with tiny smidge of Dijon mustard on each. Today I had 3 crackers with a bit of mustard. I'm now going to stop! I can't wait to be able to eat again even a little nibble of chicken and veggies. Ugh. I hate that I gave in but just getting right back on the saddle.

I started my 14 day Protein Shake pre opp..I have cheated both days...all,I can do is keep trying....I refuse to beat myself up...

I am also on my pre-op diet. I too cheated. I had a lite jamba juice razzmataz shake with Protein added. I loved it!

But boy do I feel guilty.