Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Bman - nice story about the new friends. What a way to put a smile on your face hu?

Claud - sorry about the job. Tell us again why Chicago is so important to you? Is it just the guy? If so don't live your life around what could be, live your life for the here and now, make the most of it where you are. You have a wonderful loving supportive family and I'm sure the right man could be right there in Cal. as in Il. Still I know you're hurting and I'm sorry you're feeling bad - kisses hon.

Va - you sound so happy - when will you be back home? And then start the new job? Have fun with sis.

I'm at work, I just did most of my work for the rest of the month. If I spend another half hour here I'll have it all done. Talk to you soon.

Claud - so sorry about the job honey!! dont give up. More will come along. I know you are still going to be diappointed for now, but it is only a matter of time. We all know what a wonderful smart woman you are... You will soon find the position that you are truly looking for :) I just know it!

--------------

Well ladies. All hell is about to break loose here :Banane20: Weather wise that is!

We've dodged the bullet here for the last week. But SE Indiana is about to get a good dose of Ice and Snow... starting in about an hour and continuing straight through sunday night! So, I will maybe try out some sled riding for exercise tomorrow.

Its headed our way too, but I think its more like Sunday.

Went to the church Christmas party last night. It was at a restaurant so I didn't over eat. We had fun. We played the game where everyone gets 2 pc of candy and if you get caught saying gift, present, shopping or Christmas you had to give it to the person who caught you. So I wasn't doing real well at that game but then my dd called and she said to tell everyone she wished she could be there and Merry Christmas - so I held up the phone and told everyone and they all yelled Merry Christmas Raquel - at that point I said give me your candy! I got everyone! They all looked at me stunned, it was the funniest part of the night. The pastor didnt' even ask everyone to count their candy, he just got the gift and handed it to me.

Have a nice weekend.

BK...You look Fabulous!!!!

I'm back home in VA and it seems we're NOT getting the big winter storm they predicted...its all just rain!!! UGh....Oh well!

BUT.....I got my fill and all I can say is WHY OH WHY did I wait so long!!!! I feel like I just wasted the last 3 months ...argh!! :huggie: oh well, I'm confident my scale will start moving again...YEAH!!!!

Hope you're all staying safe if you're getting hit by the storms!

Ugh, ok... so the nice new inteligent, single... writer/farmer guy I met.

Well, he just dropped the bomb shell that he is moving in 6 months. and he just got out of a 7 year relationship. So, basically all he wants is something fun and sexual for the next 6 months and then he is out of here. He said he only is telling me this because he likes me so much... and feels he needs to be up front. But that he isn't emotionally ready to "like" anyone, but he has physical needs and he is attracted to me on all levels.

Ugh... not fair.

I told him well... I feel I that I am a woman that is worth getting to know and I feel I would be selling myself short if i agreed to a realtionship with an "expiration date."

He said "I understand"

(footnote to all of you) ***Sadly, I am secretly considering it. (i know stupid)

I am so diappointed. I really thought that, although I wasn't looking, that maybe some nice guy had found me. BUT No, it was just the same typical guy that you find at the bar at the end of the night... disguised as an intellectual, man interested in my mind.

It isn't fair. We have sooo may things in common and he is so honest and nice and wonderful and up front. I totally understand where he is coming from because I've been there with my stupid EX... I just don't think I should put myself in a situation where I could potentially end up falling in love with this person when i know he is already check out of this place and won't return the feelings. I wish I could just have a great 6 month realtionship and THAT would be it. But I know me. I get attached, and if I already have a connection with this guy that would allow us to have this kind of conversation now. I would just be waiting the next 6 months for him to change his mind and offer something he has openly said he "can't offer right now."

(then that little voice chimes in that says "dont you deserve more than that?")

What do you guys think about all of this? I agreed to have coffee with the guy on Tuesday evening, but am I just playing with fire and setting myself up for certain disaster? I would love to have a new friend, but I don't think it is safe (to my fragile mind) to offer anything more than that.

Part of my brain is screaming, he doesn't value me much as a person if he only think I am worth a trivial 6 month fling... no matter how fun it may be.

Part of my brain says, he is telling you the same thing you told other people 6-8 months ago... he is human and hurting from a bad break up. At least he respected me enough to be completely honest like that and tell me everything so up front.

I need your opinions ladies... back off completely? go for it? I just don't want to miss out on a chance to get to know someone just because we are both jaded from our past relationships. A new friend at least? Of course, there are other men in the world... there was just something about this one that strick a chord. However, it wouldnt be the first time I was wrong.

Ugh, what to do...

bman- you seriously have to be the strongest, most self respecting woman i know! You amaze me with your will power. I don't know how many other woman would be able to do the same. Your right, you are worth more than that. I'm so proud of you. Doing the right thing will pay off eventually.

claud- so sorry about the job. My heart is breaking for you. I know you were so excited. Maybe you need to be in Cali for some reason. Maybe to be with your dad. I don't know. Just trying to figure out why life isn't fair for you right now.

I'm home from Rome! It was amazing. I loved every minute of it. We had the best time. The weather was perfect, not hot, but not too cold and the sun was shining! I haven't seen the sun since I went to Spain.

I'll do more personals later. my hubby is demanding the computer to do his homework, as if it's more important than my forum.

wow ..it is really hard to get back on track when i havent been online

ive tried back reading posts but my head hurts...lol

still no new laptop have to wait for santa but i know its in his sack for me ..he he he:whoo:

im using hubbys today but it goes back to work tomorrow and i need to look for some pressies online :)

well just quick update on me ....

im feeling fat ,can you believe it i have now got a bump but because it hidden under my spare tyres it just pushing my flab forward and i feel huge... such negativity sucks im friggin 5 months pregnant for goodness sake.although i think i just wanted to look slim at hubbys xmas party this friday night and everthing i try on i look flabby and fat and not pregnant and blooming!!!:faint:

on much more positive note my little man is doing great went for 3d scan yesterday ..baby in wrong position( i.e stuck in crevice at my hip bone) that pics were not great and i have to make new appointment but he was growing well sucking his fingers sticking his tongue out and wiggling his little willy around showing hes not modest...lol

i will post picture i did get when hubby scans it for me but its not great quality ....but you can see him.

my band anniversary is on tuesday and it seems like a million years ago funnily enough my best friend having the op done tomorrow and i still feel like its a distant memory but im happy with results i just wish i didnt still feel like the fat girl ,i guess the op doesnt fix your mindset.

also i have developed a sweet tooth in recent weeks havent paid too dearly yet so im still indulging it .....i reckon im happy to play pregnancy card for that one...lol

ok so not at lowest weight for my one year anniversary but here goes this is me 12 months on .....

weight.png

starting weight..270lbs................now..178lbs

bmi...41.1.................................now..27.1

hips ...51&half inches..................now..43inches

waist...44 inches........................now 39inches(gone up from 37 but baby in there)

thighs...24&half inches.................now..22inches

calfs.......16 & a half.....................now 15 inches

dress size 22...............................now.... comfy 16

i have realised that my target weight was too high but hey at 270 lbs 168 seemed a dream my new goal b4 i get surgery for tummy and thigh lift will be 154 or there abouts im not going to tie myself to numbers il know when i feel im at right weight but thats next years goal for now im a pregnant woman looking forward to greeting her new son in springtime so here is my baby bandster ticker as i now know the weight gain approaches and no point getting worried it means my little man is growing !!!

preg.png

Claud--I am so so sorry hunny. I know how bad you wanted that job, and I know why. It obviously isn't the right time. It will happen as it is supposed to! I am so sorry, call me if you need me.

Nikki--glad you and the little guy are doing well. Hope santa brings you the laptop early.

Bman--I think it is hard to say. Is it 100% he is leaving? I mean what if you guys really hit it off, would he stay?

Bk--I saw you on the before and afters,looking great!!!!!!!!!

We are snowed in here like over 8-10 inches. Kids are driving me freaking nuts. Snowing non stop. UGH.....

I just worked all night, snowblowed and shoveled for three hours and I'm off to bed because I have to work again tonight.

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Michigan, love it! :)

I just worked all night, snowblowed and shoveled for three hours and I'm off to bed because I have to work again tonight.

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Michigan, love it! :)

Awwwww faithe! There will be more by the time you wake up! lol...

HI EVERYONE. I AM NEW TO THIS BUT REALLY WOULD LOVE TO BECOME APART OF A SUPPORT GROUP. AM I IN THE RIGHT PLACE. HAD BAND IN ON OCT 20, 2007. :help:

Shelia - I tried to PM you but you have that feature turned off :) You are more than welcome to try to join in here. There are other threads that you can find which will also have people that had surgery the same month that you did. It is nice to talk to people when they are going through the same experiences.

Here is the Oct '07 one :)

October 07 Bandsters - Lap Band Talk Forum - The largest forum for Lap Band Surgery Discussion and Lap Band Surgery Support

But you are more than welcome to ask us anything you like! Welcome to band-land!

Hey you guys! talk to Bannannie! She is doing great. Tomorrow is 2 weeks since her lower body lift! She is still at her mom's and says her tummy is swollen but flat as can be! They took off 22 LBS! I told her to quit lurking and get back here to us. I hope she doesn't mind me telling you all but I KNEW you were probably all wondering and worried about her too! I just wanted you to all know she is doing GREAT!

Nikki -- so glad to see you back! hope that new laptop comes soon -- so glad to hear our little band baby is doing so well too! Cant wait to see the pictures! Sounds like you are going to have your hand even more full very very soon!

Booboo and Faith! UGH to the snow! i agree ladies. We acutally didnt get that much here, but it was just enough to be an pain in the butt and that is more annoying than getting enough to enjoy it. boo at least I dont have the kids there driving me up the wall (hugs) hopefully they will be back to school soon! haha, even though I know you love 'em... they can drive you nuts some days I am sure!

SweetHot - so glad you had fun in Rome! I am still jealous of all your travels :) And thank you for saying I am strong and self respecting BUT I am the one going to meet him Tuesday night. This song and dance is not yet over. I am trying to decide wether I am calling him to cancel or going through with this inital meeting :) It is hard since I know what he is thinking deep down.

Boo -- THAT is the problem with this guy. I think I would spend the next 6 months THINKING he might not leave. If I really liked him, and he did up and leave anyway. I couldn't take that over again. of course... who knows what he may be thinking in 6 months. I may be ready for him to go and HE may NOT want to leave. Ugh so confusing....