Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC '06 January Chat

I lost 3 more pounds! I love my band. Oh, and the clothes I bought in December are too big! What an awesome dilemma!

I also didn't pack on 10 pounds over the holidays like I usually do. What a nice way to start off the new year. At work, I am perpetually smiling, it is making everyone nervous. LOL. I would sing from roof tops if I could!!!!

hey, glad I found you guys! My goals are:

1. Work out 3 times per week

2. Lose 5lbs per month

3. Keep the house clean

4. Plan my wedding!

SO do we remember when I exchanged my wedding dress from a 24 to an 18 and it ALMOST zipped, I was about 2 inches from zipping at the top but I knew I could ge there so I took the 18 anyway??? Well today the 18 zipped just fine! I was at my moms and I was curious (she's storing the dress for me) and it zipped right up! Its still tight and they can size it down 2 full sizes so I think it will still be okay but what a feeling to have it zipped up all the way! I LOVE MY BAND!!!

Great news Jamie! that is awesome. I hope you are not going to need a whole new dress in the end!

I am 20 pounds from the weight I was when I got married. I can't wait to put on my dress and wear it around for a day or two. =)

Faybie:

I hope I dont need a new dress either, but ya know what it woud still be worth it! My goal weight is 160 which is what I was in Highschool and i was a 12-14 then so even if I manage to get to my goal by the wedding I think they could size it down, but also if it seems WAY too big this summer I might try to exchange it again. I hope you get to have your day in your dress very soon, there is something about that dress that is so inspiring! Be sure to take pics and post them next to your origional wedding photos!

Jo Anne

Have you ever tried Wellbutrin XL? It is supposed to help depress appetite. I was on it for 1 1/2 years and it caused me to lose 40 pounds because it had an effect on my appetite. Unfortunately, it wore off and I slowly regained the weight.

Robin, it's one of the ones in my cocktail along with Effexor and Lexapro and we know that Effexor is one of the WORST!

Thanks,

Jo Ann

I am currently on the Wellbutrin and Lexapro and am doing great. I tried Effexor by itself a few years ago and gained weight like crazy overnight. I would say getting rid of the Effexor will allow you to increase your weight loss.

You All Sound So Happy And Losing! I Got My 4th Fill And I'm Not Sure What It Is Suppose To Feel Like But I Think I Do Have Restriction. I Have Loss 3 Lbs Since I Had My Fill Last Wed. I Too Am Happy! We Are On Are Way!!!

Diane

I just had my 4th fill on Friday. All's well so far. (Hmmm, do I count this as my 4th fill since my 3rd had to be removed.) Anyway, hoping to see some more weight loss. I've been stalled for a month, since my partial unfill.

This site is absolutly wonderful.. I will be banded in early march by Dr. Spivak in Houston.. I;m totally excited and nervous too.. Starting weight is 290.. I cant wait to get started.. Everyone on here is so inspiring I;m looking forward to making this journey with you all

Donna Arnold

Shreveport La

Faybie, you and I have similar stats although you were banded about 4 weeks after me. I am right there with you - 190 with a goal of 145. I just got my third fill and boy did it hit the spot. I have lost 4 pounds since last week and I am just 5 pounds short of my half way mark. I had heard a rumor that Dr. Spivak will pay for your 2nd year fills if you lose 50% of your weight in the first year. Do you know if this is true?

I lost 3 more pounds! I love my band. Oh, and the clothes I bought in December are too big! What an awesome dilemma!

I also didn't pack on 10 pounds over the holidays like I usually do. What a nice way to start off the new year. At work, I am perpetually smiling, it is making everyone nervous. LOL. I would sing from roof tops if I could!!!!

Faybie, you and I have similar stats although you were banded about 4 weeks after me. I am right there with you - 190 with a goal of 145. I just got my third fill and boy did it hit the spot. I have lost 4 pounds since last week and I am just 5 pounds short of my half way mark. I had heard a rumor that Dr. Spivak will pay for your 2nd year fills if you lose 50% of your weight in the first year. Do you know if this is true?

Robin,

Yea I have noticed for a while that our numbers are the same, although I think you mentioned your height in one of the earlier months' posts and I am a few inches taller than you are. Jo ann is also in the Houston area, we should all get together, I think that would be fun. Oh and of course LadyDi.

If you are self pay with Dr. Spivak, it is true that if you lose 50% or more of your goal weight in your first year, your second year of fills is free also.

I am looking forward to my 3rd fill as well, even though I can't necessarily eat bigger quantities, I am hungry within 2 hours after eating.

I'm at 36 pounds down now. I'm going to start working out finally. Did all of you see a jump in your weight loss when you started working out?

I haven't started any official workout yet, although I am much much more active than I was 6 months ago. I can even keep up with my 2 yr. old.

I have not yet seen a jump in weight loss but it has helped firm my muscles, and made me feel stronger. If I use too high of weights I build mass too quickly and then the scales actually increase. So I keep to low weights, high repetitions. It cannot do any harm. Keep moving is my motto! Robin

Hey ya'll

I have found that I am getting hungry really fast so I am going in for my 3rd fill on 1/22 at 10:15. Dr. Spivak is my doctor too so if ya'll get together let me know. I have only been walking right now. I want to start with some small weights soon.

Okay, because I always forget, ;) what should you eat before and after a fill? Thanks for the help.

I had a NSV today! :clap2: Someone at my church came up to me and asked me how much I had lost (she doesn't know about my surgery). She told me I looked great and boy did that feel good :biggrin1: .

Best to all,

Hey ya'll

I have found that I am getting hungry really fast so I am going in for my 3rd fill on 1/22 at 10:15. Dr. Spivak is my doctor too so if ya'll get together let me know. I have only been walking right now. I want to start with some small weights soon.

Okay, because I always forget, ;) what should you eat before and after a fill? Thanks for the help.

I had a NSV today! :clap2: Someone at my church came up to me and asked me how much I had lost (she doesn't know about my surgery). She told me I looked great and boy did that feel good :biggrin1: .

Best to all,

jekbird,

Here is my favorite link before I go to get a fill. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/increase-your-chances-t22611.html

Grats on the NSV that is awesome!