Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC '06 January Chat

Ha. Ha. Josette please don't make me live '06 over again!

I haven't set any real goals just thoughts I guess, so time to formulate them:

1. I want to lose 5 to 8 pounds a month this year.

2. I'd like to commit to getting to the gym 2xs a week during lunch.

3. and work out at home 3xs a week.

4. I want to clean up all of the clutter that accumulated in my home while I was on chemotherapy.

5. I want to redo my 12 year old sons room and give him a room a pre-teen would be proud of, instead of stuffed animals, lego's and childrens books.

Hi All and Happy New Year!

I want to exercise 30min/day at least 5xweek.:( (I am struggling w/this!) I want to loose at least 5-10lbs/month. I want to enjoy my kids more and gain more energy and patience:rolleyes: . I want DH biopsy to come back negative because I don't know if I could handle him having cancer!:cry . I want to continue to provide encouragement/advice and receive it on this site:girl_hug: .

Turner24

Okay, I went in for my third fill. I was only down .2 but my stomach had shrunk which is why the band was not as effective. I was previously 1.7, lost.2, and now I am filled 2.0. You know the routine - soft foods for 48 hours.

I had a wonderful surprise in the waiting area- LadyDi was there! It is so neat to connect in person with other bandsters. I also met a lady who had lost over 90 pounds in 16 months, and was there for another fill so she could keep losing. She had maybe another 30 pounds to go. She too thought that using the band to maintain and lose slowly was a good way to go.

My goals for this year are as follows:

Lose 6 pounds in January.

Lose the remaining weight by my anniversary date.

Exercise 4 times a week. (I signed up for a flamenco dancing class!!)

Robin

I seem to have a problem with editing my signature to include the picture of the ticker from tickerfactory.com. Is anyone else experiencing this? I noticed that website is now asking for a password and pin.

My goal for this year:

1. Make it to my goal weight before I turn 30 (which happens in Dec.).

2. Ride my bike to work (12 miles.)

For this month,

1. Lose the 10 lbs. that separate me from One-derland.

2. Workout 3x a week

I just went clothes shopping. I only bought three pairs of pants: Jeans, excercise sweats and work pants. I've gone down two sizes in the jeans from a 22 to an 18. The other two pairs are actually a 14/16 and a large. They're just pull-on types, slightly too tight. I bought them that way on purpose so I could have the fun of seeing them loosen up. For the first time in my many efforts to lose weight, I really believe that they will loosen up. That right there is a major victory.

Goals for 2007

I've been a very slow loser since banding and it is due in part, I think, to my anti-depressant cocktail, lack of exercise and not enough Water. The good news about increasing exercise is that it guarantees increased Water consumption.

The bad news about exercise is that you have to do it. :faint: You see, I deeply believe that if you have enough time to be exercising you have enough time to sit down and read and/or go on-line! It would be wonderful to have someone to buddy up with at the gym...

So, here are the goals....

1. Have a strong "heart to heart" with my doctor and tell the truth about the effects of my medical cocktail on weight gain and difficulty in getting the weight off. Have her get in synch with me to make choices that support my WL goals. That appointment is tomorrow.
  2. Get back into the gym and make appointments with my trainer so I will have to go there. In addition, take advantage of classes that are favorable to my knees and back; water aerobics and stretching. Increase cardio drastically. I re-signed with my trainer yesterday and we get started tomorrow!
  3. With Nos. 1 and 2 accomplished I feel it might be achievable to have a projected weight loss of 5-8 lbs per month.
  4. The last is a goal that I share with DH-- supporting our highly dependent teens (17 and 14 ) to become more self sufficient and personally responsible. Part time jobs and driving lessons for the older one.

Whew! I'm exhausted. This is the first time I have shared my goals with anyone outside of of DH. But not to worry, I only told "a couple" of my best friends, right??

Jo Ann

Faybie.. I just added that '06 because in about 6 months or so we'll have the NEW august bandsters of 2007 moving in. hehehe.

My goals are:

To start working out at home and the Gym before work.

Take up swimming!

Walk my dog that's over weight too!

Lose 7 pounds a month (gotta be different)

Keep track of what I eat on Fitday.com

keep up with you gals!

Lets go!!! woo hoo!!!

Hey ya'll,

Happy New Year! I have never started a new year with this much energy. I know that we can do this! With everyone being supportive how can we not succeed?!

Okay here are my goals:

1. Continue to lose weight. I'm not really hung up on how much each month as long as I continue to see it in the right direction.

2. Do more with my boys'. They are 13 & 9 and they are my sunshine. (just love those hormones).

3. Spend more time with my mom but not let her comments cut so deep anymore. She has Alzheimer's (never spell it correctly) but has always been very critical of me.

4. Have a date night 1 x a month with my DH.

Thank you all for being there when I felt no one here was listening!

Robin: I updated my ticker at the tickerfactory. I did have to set a password but think that was just so no one else could go change things up. I made one up and the rest was just like before.

Jo Anne

Have you ever tried Wellbutrin XL? It is supposed to help depress appetite. I was on it for 1 1/2 years and it caused me to lose 40 pounds because it had an effect on my appetite. Unfortunately, it wore off and I slowly regained the weight.

Goals for 2007

I've been a very slow loser since banding and it is due in part, I think, to my anti-depressant cocktail, lack of exercise and not enough Water. The good news about increasing exercise is that it guarantees increased Water consumption.

My goals are to keep losing, and to keep motivated.

Aside from that...to work at being a better mom and wife.

Jo Anne

Have you ever tried Wellbutrin XL? It is supposed to help depress appetite. I was on it for 1 1/2 years and it caused me to lose 40 pounds because it had an effect on my appetite. Unfortunately, it wore off and I slowly regained the weight.

Goals for 2007

Robin, it's one of the ones in my cocktail along with Effexor and Lexapro and we know that Effexor is one of the WORST!

Thanks,

Jo Ann

Everyone's goals sound fantastic and motivating! Thanks for sharing, everyone.

Robin, I haven't had any problems with my ticker once I added a pin. You could go into your web browser and delete the tickerfactory cookie and start over from scratch that might help. If you need help doing that let me know.

I will be at the surgery center on the 11th for a fill if any of you ABC bandsters will be there from spivak or spiegel.

Hi Robin,

It Was So Cool To Meet You. It's Nice To Be Able To Put A Face To A Name. You Made My Day!

My Goals:

1) Get Back To Exercising (had To Stop Because Of My Leg And Ankle Per Doc)

2) Want To Lose At Least 10 Lbs A Month (i've Been Very Slow Since I Got The Band, But Have Had My 4th Fill And I Pray This Will Be The One!!!)

I Have A Family Reunion In July And If I Make My 10 Lbs Goal, I Should Be Down To 225 Which Would Be Great. Last Time I Saw My Family I Was 320, So There Will Be A Shock Factor.

Diane