Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swizzly - staying constant on the scale is something we've all dealt with and I want to ask (without offending) if you had considered that you might just need less calories on your regular days to lose? I know you're not gaining (I don't on those numbers, either) but losing is a challenge for me unless I bring it down. Have you tried taking the average of your non-fast days for a week and shaving 20% off that number to kick start your loss? In any case, hang in there. As long as it takes, right? Look at coops, she's a champ. :)

Thanks for the idea, I'm not offended in the least. Yeah, I've been wondering this a bit as well, especially since my carbs are always pretty low, apart from the odd bit of chocolate here and there. I am so loath to go low-cal that I have a hard time to do it!! I wanted to do 5:2 so that I could eat 'normally' on non-fasting days, which is what I've mostly been doing. HOWEVER, a look over the past few weeks reveals the Summer Of Wine and drinking a lot of calories that way. So I just need to start doing one glass wine, one glass Water, or another similar approach to the social whirlwind we're in the middle of. It will all relax again too, it just is one of those phases. I'm willing to be patient and to try a few small compromises in the meantime. Coops is the master of this, so I have a good teacher in this area... :)

One feast days we are sill supposed to diet right?

I had my resting metobolic test taken and my TDEE is

1300 calories. I should be eating under that on non fast days, right?

In answer to your first question, my response is NO WAY! LOL. I am doing this so I don't have to 'diet' the whole week long. Ugh. But it clearly is helping others lose faster to do so, so don't listen to me. :lol:

In re: your BMR test -- that does NOT give you your TDEE, it gives you essentially the opposite -- it's measuring your basal metabolic rate -- which is how many calories you'd burn if you did NOTHING AT ALL but breathe in and out and hold perfectly still all day. In other words, you burn 1300 just by being alive and having brain activity. So you'd have to add on activity levels to get to a TDEE number. I can guarantee you that even if you slept all day and all night, you would burn more than 1300 calories!! :) So your target calories could easily be higher than 1300 for maintenance anyhow.

Hey feed what do you think about artificial sweeteners?

I was reading one of the books today and it said none on fast days!! I suck down calorie free drinks everyday.

I use them heavily all the time, always have. I was raised in a Tab and Fresca household, and I still prefer artificial sweeteners to this day. So yeah, I use them all the time, including on fast days, though I've been trying to use a bit less lately. Oy, I can't give up EVERYTHING. :P:D

Fasting today, doing fine so far. Will also be fasting Thursday this week.

Happy Monday, all!! xoxox

Hey -- couple of questions that came up either randomly or via this thread... LOL

First, what happened to the poster called OTR Sleever? And also Iggy Chick?

Second, what is the other 5:2 thread you referred to, coops?

Here and fasting today.

ONE WEEK OF 5:2 = DONE! And while it was a good start, it was really only a 6:1 because I went to my back-to-basics class (which I covered in my blog in case anyone one wants to read more about it http://www.thisonebody.blogspot.com/) I had brought up the 5:2 plan to my NUT (who ran the class) and she had never heard of it but gave me the green light to try it. I'm meeting with her again on Aug. 20th so that will be just slightly over a month.

So here is what happened with me last week. I weighed on Mon. and by Fri. after only one day of fasting I had LOST -4lbs!!! We darnit, +2lbs came and found me this weekend. We had a bday celebration for my 11 yo at Maggianos Italian restuarant, holy huge plate of food! I have eaten my 2 chicken breasts for 4 meals now. Had some Sat. Ate them twice on Sun. and finally finished them for Breakfast this am. Had a little of the angel hair Pasta but mostly haven't eaten that, but I did indulge in some chocolate cake on Sat. So my calories for Sat. were slightly over 2,000 and 1,700 on Sun. (and it's also TOM so that might have contributed also...)

Anyway, short version of the story is that even though I only did a 6:1 last week and lost 4 but found 2 over the weekend that still nets me a -2lbs loss for the week.

Excited to keep this going!!!

And I notice when I do the crystal lite I DO CRAVE IT MORE. I do better to just not have it. But I'm an occassional Crystal lite drinker but I also do stevia and splenda daily in my coffee. I'm in the moderation camp on articial sweetners. :)

Have a good fast day girls! I'm on tomorrow.

I bounced up a pins yesterday to 163 hoping it goes away this week.

Clk I feel you about those other threads ugh.

I'm not going to get drawn in again (I hope :P)

Coops you lost the pound and I found it!

I need to get back to 162 so we can be twins again!

I'm not ready to give up artificial sugars yet, a girl has to have some fun... Oh sugar alcohols? I don't use those.

I've been taking Psyllium husk powder the last couple of days (yuck) but is working to keep things moving :D

Fasting day done, going to go to bed. Ended at 524 cals. Happy to head into tomorrow LOL. Next up: Fasting Thursday. Good luck, all!!

Fasting day done' date=' going to go to bed. Ended at 524 cals. Happy to head into tomorrow LOL. Next up: Fasting Thursday. Good luck, all!![/quote']

Yaay, you!!!!! And yes the "day after" is fun!

Haha! Cheri I love you today ! :P

Ok I'm off to clean the carpets in my house today.. I wonder how many calories that will burn :P

Oh and my daughter is back from her first weekend from national guard!

She's even more butch now :o

Fast day today, in the habit of putting an ESA carb control chocolate into my Iced Decaf, drink that until I get home, then fix dinner. Works pretty well. HOWEVER today, I was trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners.... my iced tea is without... but the ESA is sweet. Oh well, at least I stayed away from the crystal meth... I mean crystal light!

Fast day today' date=' in the habit of putting an ESA carb control chocolate into my Iced Decaf, drink that until I get home, then fix dinner. Works pretty well. HOWEVER today, I was trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners.... my iced tea is without... but the ESA is sweet. Oh well, at least I stayed away from the crystal meth... I mean crystal light![/quote']

Watch out, Feed!!! You are treading on dangerous ground when you get on my drug habit!!!

K, clocked in today at 586.

Carry on soldiers!

K' date=' clocked in today at 586.

Carry on soldiers![/quote']

Good job! I'm gearing up for my fast day tomorrow... I'm looking forward to it at this point.

I feel like I lived it up a bit this weekend with carb type foods so the change will be nice.

Muahahaha!!! I weighed my self tonight at 162 at night time! I want the 150's so bad, I'm going to be a good girl this week!

Muahahaha!!! I weighed my self tonight at 162 at night time! I want the 150's so bad' date=' I'm going to be a good girl this week![/quote']

you rock!! And I'm with you! I WANT to be AT 150 but Ill take 155 this week or next if possible

Yesterday started as a fast but changed as it was a training day at work and they put out all the goodies given by our lovely parents as appreciation of looking after their beautiful Children.I work in a residential college for disabled students: natstar.ac.uk (pls look it up). Anyway all chocolates etc accounted for I came in at 1350 calories, 70g Protein. Another training day today so I will leave the fast until tomorrow when I start my 6 week break.

Cathy... aren't those parents lovely! Showering you with choccies can only mean one thing as far as I am concerned.... you are good at your job!!

Had a weird fast day yesterday... very 'shaky' through the day, and I mean literally shaky - I think it was due to the heat, humidity and the fact that I spent hours in my garden working! My restriction was incredible too - I had my fruit and yogurt (about 150g) and I could only manage half of it! I put what I couldn't eat in the fridge and finished it for 'tea'! It was just like the first mth I was sleeved and going onto solids. Very strange.

I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I just can't help myself, and I buzzing to tell you - I saw 160 this morning. I know it is prob Water from sweating all day yesterday but I was sooooo happy! The scale will prob go back up tomo but I've seen it again so I know with time and patience I can actually get past and stay past my set point!

It's a normal day for me today, and seeing that low number means I will eat well - be mindful about my food choices! So bl**dy happy right now! I actually feel very positive about my surgeon's goal - just six pounds away! Oh and for the record at 160 I am not obese BMI calc says 29.27! Double yey!

I did see this number about 3 weeks after my TT but then I kept gaining to my normal bounce range; let's hope that by following the 5:2 I can keep going!

Hope everyone else is well... onwards and downwards (please!) x