Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well' date=' I def had my BIG meal for breakfast! Fixed "pigs in a blanket" for the Grands and ate four then realized five has 410 calories![/quote']

Lol! Go figure something like pigs in a blanket would have so many calories!

But yum that sounds good!

It's decided! No fasting for me today! :D

Hey everyone! Been busy - if I comment on everything that's happened since I was here last my post would be ten times longer than usual (i.e. just plain ridiculous) so if I leave anything out it's not intentional!

Congrats to all the losses logged this week. Georgia's leading the way there with a huge loss.

Swizzly - staying constant on the scale is something we've all dealt with and I want to ask (without offending) if you had considered that you might just need less calories on your regular days to lose? I know you're not gaining (I don't on those numbers, either) but losing is a challenge for me unless I bring it down. Have you tried taking the average of your non-fast days for a week and shaving 20% off that number to kick start your loss? In any case, hang in there. As long as it takes, right? Look at coops, she's a champ. :)

A special hooah to coops on finally knocking down on the scale. Great work, lady!

Laura - congrats to your girl on her National Guard choice. It can't be easy to have her gone. My oldest stepson is considering AF or Army ROTC scholarship or simultaneous membership program (Reserves or Guard AND ROTC) and we're excited for him. My husband enlisted 24 years ago (got out for commission four of those years) and it's been a really great experience for us. I'm sorry you spend so much time closeted in the house - I hate that, and it's a huge reason that I've struggled with depression at various points. Constantly moving doesn't allow me to really pursue a job outside the home (or at least not easily) and having young kids means I spend my day in the house most of the time. It's hard to socialize, I don't really want to socialize with other moms and if you add in a dreary rainy week on top of being stuck in the house I get pretty blue. It's one reason I cook and bake so much. I genuinely enjoy it, I can do it with my kids and it helps the time pass more quickly. I spent a very unhappy year in Mannheim, Germany when the twins were at a really tough age and I swear the sun made an appearance once a month.

And I'd say NO WAY are you old enough but my hubs is only 40 and his oldest just turned 23 the other day, so I know it happens. Hell, I'm 32 and my mom turns 50 next month - she was barely 17 when she had me.

Normal day for me - scale bounced back to where it had been, which is a huge relief. I'm at 141 again hoping to stay there tomorrow, too, so I can record it for the week. If that sticks, I'm down 2.4 this week. That brings my grand total so far to four weeks and just over 8 pounds down. That's amazing results for me, even if I sometimes feel like I'm plodding along.

Hope everyone is doing well. I feel like I spend all my time cooking. Last night was gyros, fresh pitas, tzatziki (of course!), chickpea salad and Greek salad. This morning I made crepes with several different fillings and turkey sausage/bacon for everyone. I have ten in the house right now, plus the baby. Yikes! In a few hours I'll get started on tonight's dinner. Thank goodness for dishwashers.

~Cheri

Oh, and FYE, AWESOME painting. :)

I can't remember what I weighed. I am not sure if I gained yesterday from a regular day. I didn't eat anything bad. I really should not weigh every day.

Everyone is doing so great! I do love this way of eating. It's completely cured my grazing. I am sure staying in contact with all of you is helping 100% too! Cause all I did the past year was up 2 lose 2 up 2 lose 2. It was so frustrating. At least now I have hope that I will get down to at least 140.

Edited to add that I have gained back a lb. I looked on some past posts and I was at 145 after a fast.

One feast days we are sill supposed to diet right?

I had my resting metobolic test taken and my TDEE is

1300 calories. I should be eating under that on non fast days, right?

I had a pretty big eating day yesterday! It felt like I was eating all day.. So I'm going to rein it in at least today because I feel very bloated.

It doesn't help that I have about one bowel movement a week! I know tmi but its a fact of my life theses days! 0_o

My Mom was having major issues and started using a product called Nutracleanse. Don't let the name scare you, you it is just:

Nutracleanse is made from these Natural Organic Ingredients :

• Flax Seed
  • Psyllium Husk
  • Dandelion Root Powder
  • Burdock Root Powder
  • Fenugreek Seed Powder

My mom swears by it and I have actually started trying, but only used it this morning, so I cannot comment much. It is a Canadian product, but I found it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/NutraCleanse-2-2Lb-Nutra-Cleanse-NutriCleanse/dp/B009DR9PES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374341297&sr=8-1&keywords=nutracleanse

And here is their website for more information:

http://nutracleanse.biz/nutracleanse-product/

Normal day for me - scale bounced back to where it had been, which is a huge relief. I'm at 141 again hoping to stay there tomorrow, too, so I can record it for the week. If that sticks, I'm down 2.4 this week. That brings my grand total so far to four weeks and just over 8 pounds down. That's amazing results for me, even if I sometimes feel like I'm plodding along.

Hope everyone is doing well. I feel like I spend all my time cooking. Last night was gyros, fresh pitas, tzatziki (of course!), chickpea salad and Greek salad. This morning I made crepes with several different fillings and turkey sausage/bacon for everyone. I have ten in the house right now, plus the baby. Yikes! In a few hours I'll get started on tonight's dinner. Thank goodness for dishwashers.

~Cheri

You are doing awesome! I did not realize that you had lost that much already!

My Mom was having major issues and started using a product called Nutracleanse. Don't let the name scare you' date=' you it is just:

Nutracleanse is made from these Natural Organic Ingredients :

[*']Flax Seed

[*]Psyllium Husk

[*]Dandelion Root powder

[*]Burdock Root powder

[*]Fenugreek Seed Powder

My mom swears by it and I have actually started trying, but only used it this morning, so I cannot comment much. It is a Canadian product, but I found it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/NutraCleanse-2-2Lb-Nutra-Cleanse-NutriCleanse/dp/B009DR9PES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374341297&sr=8-1&keywords=nutracleanse

And here is their website for more information:

http://nutracleanse.biz/nutracleanse-product/

How did you take it this morning? In food? Does it taste bad?

You are doing awesome! I did not realize that you had lost that much already!

I was thinking that we should start a thread with our start dates of the 5:2 and starting weight current weight and so on.

Laura, I just mixed it in with my yogurt this morning. It makes the yogurt pretty thick, but the texture was not too bad and the taste was fine...if you have ever had ground flax seed, that is all it tastes like, pretty mild, slightly nutty.

They also have recipes, you can make it in a smoothie or into a pancake. I might try that as well, but I haven't bought a bag for myself yet. And it is really filling! I was so full after eating it, I didn't eat again all morning. The only thing is you have to make sure you drink a lot of Water all day when you are taking it or it can have to opposite effect.

Another thread would be a good idea, although I am not doing that great, but hey, what can I do!

That's a good idea Laura. I have actually lost more than I am counting because I used what I normally weigh as a start but I always had a gain on the weekend. So if I counted that, I've actually lost 7 lbs

Cheri, how DO you cook like that and even consider calories?? I would not be able to do it! You are very strong, Girl! You have my admiration.

Mine is deleted

yesterday wasn't a fast day (next one is tomo-Monday) and I wasn't really hungry. I had a biscuit thing for brekkie- which was late morning , a handful of nuts and dried cranberries for lunch and pork with roast veggies for tea... I didn't look for food in between and didn't want or crave food! If this is a 'side effect' then I am chuffed about that!

I went to Curves in the morning on an empty stomach -just had a cuppa before hand - and I have to say, I did feel a little tired. I don't think it was due to not eating, more to do with getting up and going straight away; almost like my body and muscles hadn't woken up properly!? However, I do like going in the mornings, kinda getting it out of the way and the rest of my day is my own.

Okay as promised here are the stilts my 12 yo and I made last week.

I agree with Coops about the feeling on a non-fast of not being hungry and seeking food. Side-effect maybe from fast days? Love it though, it reminds me of being a newbie sleever!

post-4131-13813667934914_thumb.jpg

I did very well yesterday and the scale rewarded me. Today I am going on a picnic at the river with my daughter and a friend. They will be bringing junk food, I am sure. I have to try to be strong!!