Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was trying to figure out what I feel like in regards to eating right now, and I see myself as a shark... I just want to close my eyes, roll over and bite down on whatever is in front of me that smells good! Heaven help me. I got up this morning and baked a "pumpkin pie" (winter squash with fake eggs, fake sugar and a shot of molassis....organic and whole grain crumbles on top) Better than a real slice of pumpkin pie, but with all the parties coming up... all great cooks by the way... I need more than a humble SF pumpkin pie to get me through it all. Deep breath... onward with the week! Take your best shot and there is always the new year to limp back on track! I know I'm not alone... that makes it feel more manageable somehow ladies, thanks!

Edited by feedyoureye

Georgia, congratulations, you are really an inspiration to us all. Your example shows us that if we follow the 5:2 guidelines as laid down we will lose. Albeit at differing rates but we will lose. I think your constraints of eating in a time frame and eating clean on no fast days show us the way it should be done. I think I need to look at these two things again, I know I eat too many carbs on non fast days, need to get the book out again.

Sheila, thanks for the list. I'm going to write it down till I remember everyone. Are your girls feeling better? I found the fudge recipe (p.169) and I'm going to make it this weekend. I was going to make it today but I don't have any marshmallows only marshmallow fluff. It looks quick and easy and yummy!

Jane, seems like you have got this dating this figured out...have fun with all of those guys and keep us updated!

Denise, keep us updated, too. One day the right guy will come around. At least you can make a couple of friends in the process.

Question for you two...Jane, I know you said you aren't looking for husband material. Do these guys you two are seeing want to get married? Does that come out in the discussion right away or is it on their profile? Like I said, this stuff is so interesting to me.

Wanda, yes, I love having my daughter as my friend. It's one of the greatest things in the world. I am so happy God gave me a girl when he did. The boys will grown up and have a different relationship with me but my daughter and I will always have a special relationship...for that I am thankful! Keep hanging in there Wanda, one foot in front of the other, that's all you can do sometimes.

Kim, I know the feeling of wanting to eat everything! I hate it when I go through those times. Usually I go through this once a month for a few days right before I get my period. I don't gain from those days so I just try to go with it and not eat too much and realize that soon I will feel "normal" again. This time of year is hard with so many treats. Your pie sounds delish! Do you eat mostly organic?

Laura, I LOVE garlic cheese curds. I live in WI where the cheese is heavenly and abundant! You should try heating up the curds for a few seconds...they taste so good like this. What do your kids mean by wanting the "old mom" back? I'm wondering what the "old mom" is compared to the "new mom".

Coops...see I forgot your name already but you said people call you Coops anyway so I guess it's ok. I understand now what you are saying about the pooch. When I went to a plastics consult the surgeon told me that the upper part of my tummy wouldn't be removed unless I had an incision that went up and down so he could go high enough. Now I don't know if that's true bc I just went to one consultation so far. I think it's something you notice but nobody else does. You look great!

Globe, are you doing ok? Didn't hear from you today. Usually when I get up there is a post from you. Let us know how you are please.

Susan, are you still here? Did you have another fast day this week?

My fast day yesterday went just fine. I came in about 530 calories. I have no appetite today and I feel like I'm getting sick. Yuck.

I have absolutely zero Christmas spirit this year. My shopping isn't done, the tree isn't up....I'm just not into it. I usually do a bunch of baking to give out to my husbands clients and our friends. I don't think I'm going to do it this year. Oh well.

Happy Friday all!

Georgia, congratulations, you are really an inspiration to us all. Your example shows us that if we follow the 5:2 guidelines as laid down we will lose. Albeit at differing rates but we will lose. I think your constraints of eating in a time frame and eating clean on no fast days show us the way it should be done. I think I need to look at these two things again, I know I eat too many carbs on non fast days, need to get the book out again.

Thanks, Cathy!!!

Sheila, I copied and pasted the list into my "notes" on my phone!!! LOL. THANKS! I have a 5 min fudge recipe that uses a box of powdered sugar instead of marshmallows, stick of butter and vanilla, I believe is all it takes. I'll look it up. Now, I REALLY want fudge!

Look at this for lower carb no bake chocolate Cookies.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=UUa-ny9DY016_5002mojVYRg&feature=share&v=MK7a__UVtBU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMK7a__UVtBU%26feature%3Dshare%26list%3DUUa-ny9DY016_5002mojVYRg

Edited by Georgia

Sheila, I copied and pasted the list into my "notes" on my phone!!! LOL. THANKS! I have a 5 min fudge recipe that uses a box of powdered sugar instead of marshmallows, stick of butter and vanilla, I believe is all it takes. I'll look it up. Now, I REALLY want fudge!

Look at this for lower carb no bake chocolate Cookies.< /p>

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=UUa-ny9DY016_5002mojVYRg&feature=share&v=MK7a__UVtBU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMK7a__UVtBU%26feature%3Dshare%26list%3DUUa-ny9DY016_5002mojVYRg

Yes, please post the recipe when you find it. Thanks!

Here is the fudge recipe. I out chopped pecans in mine ( cause everything is better with pecans)

post-108291-0-87119600-1386968011_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-49535500-1386968019_thumb.jpg

Thanks Georgia, I'm going to give it a try! And you say you don't contribute...SMH

Oh, your phone looks like it only has 42% left on the charge, you may want to charge it up! :)

Thanks Georgia, I'm going to give it a try! And you say you don't contribute...SMH Oh, your phone looks like it only has 42% left on the charge, you may want to charge it up! :)

Girl, you don't miss a THING!! Hahaha. :)

Edited by Georgia

Thanks Georgia, I'm going to give it a try! And you say you don't contribute...SMH Oh, your phone looks like it only has 42% left on the charge, you may want to charge it up! :)

Girl, you don't miss a THING!! Hahaha. :)

I thought you'd get a kick out of that comment!

Lol the fudge recipes yum!!imma just skipping by.. Georgia you are just as much a part if this group as the rest of us!! And girl your weight loss? It's inspiring :) Coops, Remember when you were stuck at the same weight forever? You are an inspiration too, You taught me to never give up (you hear me Wanda) :) Sarah, The "old mom" I don't know we are in a power struggle over this right now.. I mentioned in another thread that I became a non person before when I became fat. NOTHING I did was for myself, not even hair cuts.. I would take my daughter (and son) to 60 dollar haircuts and spend 20 up the street at great clips for mine once or twice a year..Not thier fault, mine. They don't like much now.. Really I don't like to cook that much because it's not worth it to me because I'm lucky if one out of three like what I cook so everyone wants "better" meals they tell me this weekend.. They want me to become a better everything. But be the way I was before..

Edited by laura-ven

Jane, seems like you have got this dating this figured out...have fun with all of those guys and keep us updated!

Denise, keep us updated, too. One day the right guy will come around. At least you can make a couple of friends in the process.

Question for you two...Jane, I know you said you aren't looking for husband material. Do these guys you two are seeing want to get married? Does that come out in the discussion right away or is it on their profile? Like I said, this stuff is so interesting to me.

You ask good questions. :)

This is a tricky one... I am careful about communicating my intentions because there are a million and a half guys who I swear would drive in from the 3 surrounding states for a hookup and that is SO NOT what I am looking for. I am careful, I really only talk with people saying they seek a relationship but avoid the ones saying they are looking to get married. The "casual dating" guys I assume really just want a hook up or FWB type thing.

I figure as things evolve, we will discuss. I fully realize that it is easy to SAY you don't want a LTR, but you can fall in love. That is one reason I am being selective about even finding a playmate. Also, I want a playmate that shares my idea of play.... travel, weekenders, having fun, sharing each others stories without being joined at the hip. A supportive loving relationship WITHOUT feeling like we are on an inevitable course towards permanence. I think it is different at our age - no kids involved, no real reason for me to ever remarry actually. If it happens someday, wonderful, but I am simply not settling for "good enough" ever again. I would rather stay single.

Mark, the wild man, has said that too many women he has met on POF seem ready to move in/get married by the 3rd date. He says he needs 3 years of knowing someone before chancing marrying again. I held my tongue because the jury is still out on him, not sure we will make 3 dates, but he was communicating an intention I can relate to.

Frasier (aka pipefitter...haha) is just level headed and smart. He mentioned dating a few people from POF for say 3-6 months at a time and generally breaking it off due to their issues. He seems a gentleman and didn't get into the gory details, but, I got the idea - he has had his fill of the nuts and basketcases. He still has a 16 year old and home and that is clearly his primary relationship - good! He asked me about my dating history and I sorta mentioned my situation with Steven, again without getting into it, and he "got it" right away - using the phrase friends with benefits - and appeared approving. Meaning, not everyone wants to sleep around NOR get married right away but maybe they want to have a sex life anyway! He did want to know why Steven wasn't a long term prospect and again rather than getting into it I just mentioned the age difference. If we become close, I will disclose more, but I don't see a reason to share too many details this early in the game - but I sense he gets it and we are on the same page.

So, for second date (or as he says, our first REAL date) I will dress a little nicer, a little sexier, but still not alot of skin and no cleavage. Well, it is winter for cripes sake but also because no reason to reveal my wild side yet. ;)

I am very stressed about shoes for tonight right now... oh to have such tough problems in life. I really really want to wear my new booties but I still feel like a newborn calf walking on hard surfaces so I can't wear them since I am sure not everything will be carpeted..haha. Oh dear, what shall I do? I think I will go with my more modest height blue pumps, not as sexy, but considerably more graceful and less likely to cause injury...lol

Remember how empowering it felt when you were sleeved and food no longer dominated you? That is how I feel about dating, for the first time EVER. At this stage, I hold the cards and if any of them fade away, oh well, there are other fish in the sea... I just want to enjoy this experience for awhile. I don't want to get all wound around one person too quickly. My friend Priscilla suggested spending the summer dating men who do different things - boating, travel whatever and just enjoy being on their arms so to speak. That is probably too complicated for me - at the point I am really doing alot with someone - it will be just one, but no rush to get there.

One of the things I like about Frasier is that he does alot of the stuff I like (international travel, weekend travel, hiking, boating etc) PLUS he has hobbies (he is a serious golfer and skiier) that I could no way keep up with. He gets it about my horse back riding - we had the talk about being okay spending the day pursuing our own passions and still reconnecting - I think he actually really liked that concept. Like I said before, jury is out on him, but he gives me great hope that intelligent life exists on the online dating pool....

Laura, that situation sounds very ugly.

One of my sons was high maintenance, kind of like the stereotypical teenage daughter. I sense she is trying to tell you something important even if the words are mean and all wrong. Kids often don't know how to articulate what is in their hearts - they don't even know it themselves. I am sure she really DOES love you, but is going through her own crap.... or maybe there IS something between you that needs fixing. I am not sure how to get to the bottom of that, but be open to working on fixing it together... counseling? I hate counseling, but I don't know what else to suggest.

It is so easy to get caught up in their drama, but the good news is they aren't teens forever. My son Jeff was a pain in the ass from about age 11 to 21... it was a rough decade, but now at 24, he is wonderful We still sometimes clash, but we seem to have developed an understanding that our ways of communicating is sometimes hurtful to each other and we forgive ourselves and each other for it. Lots of blood was shed before getting to this point though...

Jane I like the pipe fitter guy! He sounds like he might be good with his....hands :P

lol if the shoes cause you stress practice awhile longer before you wear them! I know what you mean I do not wear heels unless I have too, so it's an adventure in walking when I do..

I'm

Trying to let go of the things she told me this weekend.. It's funny she's actually been pretty nice the last few days? So maybe there is hope :)

Lol the fudge recipes yum!!imma just skipping by.. Georgia you are just as much a part if this group as the rest of us!! And girl your weight loss? It's inspiring :) Coops, Remember when you were stuck at the same weight forever? You are an inspiration too, You taught me to never give up (you hear me Wanda) :) Sarah, The "old mom" I don't know we are in a power struggle over this right now.. I mentioned in another thread that I became a non person before when I became fat. NOTHING I did was for myself, not even hair cuts.. I would take my daughter (and son) to 60 dollar haircuts and spend 20 up the street at great clips for mine once or twice a year..Not thier fault, mine. They don't like much now.. Really I don't like to cook that much because it's not worth it to me because I'm lucky if one out of three like what I cook so everyone wants "better" meals they tell me this weekend.. They want me to become a better everything. But be the way I was before..

Hum...Maybe they need some cooking lessons.... My nephew used to be like that, always the best... on someone else's money or time....he is doing better now... trying to contribute to the family.... there is hope!