Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

Well we finished cutting and stacking my inlaws wood today, it is supposed to snow more tonight, in fact the 4 corners is supposed to get hit pretty hard. Fun fun fun!!!

When we finished the wood today, Rick was kinda playing in the snow with the 4 wheeler (ATV). One comment led to another, and soon we had an innertube, and he was pulling us around behind him. Now we are not stupid, we were on private property, actually in a pasture! We did not go fast, just cruised around---it was so much fun! I held the grandbabies, and I am telling you the 2 yr. old was laughing so hard, she kept giving herself the hiccups! Then she proceeded to throw a full blown fit when we made her go in because she was getting red cheeked from the cold. We all quit, but she did not want to! We laughed ourselves silly! It was nice to have FUN...sometimes it feels like I am just getting old to doggone fast!

Then we come home, and where the new snow had melted off the roof, it had splattered up on the edge of the porch---unknown to us---until I stepped up and busted my butt!!! I actually tried to keep from falling, and ended up hitting my knee--I am hoping it is ok. My knees have always been my downfall. No pun intended!!! Well ok maybe I DID intend it--- I am trying for humor to dull the pain!

Mandy--hope the foot is healing well, and that you are not hurting too much. Sorry about your friend, and the family is on the prayer chain at Aztec First United Methodist Church, as well as in mine.

Patty--hang in there, it won't hurt the boys to help with dishes--it didn't kill us as kids!! Hope you hear good news, that makes you want to fly off to Disneyland and celebrate!!! Isn't Sherry just a sweetie, always there to help.

Darcy--I need to change my signature, to show my exercise/walking. I don't think the scale is ever going to move again, but.....inches are changing so I refuse to be discouraged!!

Cindy--enjoy your time with the DD today!

Cassie--glad your scale is moving---wanna trade scales? ???

Mary--can I borrow your sister? Maybe she could deliver Cassies scale!!! What a sweetie, I am so glad you have her!

Betty--I too have ended up with bags left at Walmart, it ticked me off to no end!!! I had to drive all the way back, and like you re-shop. Some cashiers help you load bags, others just let them stack up---not very well organized around here, I have got to where I spin the bag rack and check it.

Sherry---tree is down?!!! Woo hoo!!!

Dianne-- I Hope MIL is improving. Will keep your family in my prayers.

Eileen--missing your posts--danged ol' boss!!!

Beannie---did I miss you? I can't scroll back---so did you decide whether to buy the elliptical? We started to put this one together, and decided to wait until we can assemble it in the room, there is a sharp turn in, so would be simpler to just do it in the room. But I am waiting for the DD to pick up a desk, and some of her things she left behind...will likely not happen until Wednesday. Hope we use it enough to justify it. Maybe it can help me add to my hours/miles for "Darcy's good idea"!!

Anne--getting ready to go to work? How are the kids taking it? After your special letter at Christmas, I feel like I know them!

Well, I am going to go get some Tylenol---my knee hurts, and I really want to go to Curves in the morning....

If I missed you, it was not intentional---I'll get ya next time--just keep in mind who you are dealing with!!!

Take care all!!!

Kat

Hi all I am missing so much around here.

MIL just doesn't seem to have a will. BIL ansSIL are leaving tomorrow.

Hey All...

Patty... you can add your walking miles in any old time you want to. :)

Eileen... LOL... you crack me up with your snorting... especially since I actually do snort and chortle. I thin maybe you can fit another mile someplace in 2007. :)

Dianne... I am sure sorry about all you are going through with your MIL. Wish we could all be there to give you a helping hand. (((hugs)))

Cindy... Looks great on your signature line! Cookies... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH... hurry... give them away... charity is a good thing. :)

Mary... What a sweet thing for your sis to do! My sister and I are very close so I know what a great thing having a sister can be.

Kat... LOL... man... no wonder the scale isn't moving... with the exercise and the woodcutting and your EMT duties you are building muscle as faster than you are losing the weight! Picturing all of you laughing on your outing made me smile and giggle... thanks... there is nothing cuter than a 2 year old laughing! Sorry about your knee... I'll keep my fingers crossed that you didn't hurt yourself seriously. I sure know how the falling thing feels and have two beautiful bruises on my knees to prove it...lol.

Cassie.. THat is awesome girl about the 6 inch loss!!!! Be careful with that treadmill!

Well.. did an hour of shoveling today. My hubby has a snowblower but I told him I wanted the exercise... that just can't be right...lol.

Night Night...

Howdy, Y'All...

I am here in beautiful Fort Lee, NJ - woo hoo! One of the NJ Wannabee's is actually visiting the state... Of course, I am only here until mid-day on Wednesday - then I have Thursday & Friday off for my Birthday.

No huge romantic plans... actually, we are planning to clean out the garage. Somehow it has been overtaken by tons of "stuff". I can't even tell you what all is out there - but I am here to tell you - EVERYTHING MUST GO!

I almost hated to leave Dallas today, it was so beautiful and we are going to get freezing rain HERE tonight. Didn't we just get done with all that? *sigh*.... Oh well. Whatcha gonna do?

Mandy - glad to hear the surgery went off without a hitch! Hope you are up and walking pain-free soon! Hugs!

Sherry - Hugs! Hope that acid thing does NOT happen again. I got so far as unplugging the three sections of the tree from each other - but I didn't actually take it down... When I get home, I guess. Glad you were able to resist the puppy faces... The couple sitting next to me on the plane today had a tiny terrier in a little puppy box. It was the cutes little thing ever. I just couldn't have a dog like that cause my cats would eat him! Not to mention having dogs is just like having kids... They have to be taken care of.... cats pretty much take care of themselves.

Betty - sorry you had such a crummy day. I hope you get some R&R soon. Hugs!!! I am not sure it would be worth going back to Walmart - unless it was a lot of stuff. :]

Cindy - AAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRRGGGGG! Surrounded by boxes and boxes of Girl Scout Cookies? That sounds like a nightmare I had recently....

Darcy - Up until now, I haven't ever really LOOKED at the mileage on the eliptical or the bike... I will check on it the next time I head to the gym. I know that so far in the month of January, I have been five times and done 30 minutes or more each visit. I will translate that into miles the next time I go.

Eileenie - I had a friend who put her pedometer on her ankle - since it did not show any movement when she wore it on her waist. The ankle worked for her....

Cassie - Wah Hoo!!!! 6 inches is great! And the scale movement is a good thing, too. More important is that you are learning to live without constant PB's. Those things are bad!

Mary - Hope you get your snow day. It seems like your whole state should be shut down by now! And haven't they taken your DexH's license, yet? How many wrecks can one guy have? Geesh!

Patty - Stay Strong Sister! I am sure that you will find and in-network doc and get your approval. Hugs! Hope you got out to D-land today!

Kat - Surprise! You have an elliptical! If you weigh less than 250 lbs they are pretty affordable. Of course, if you are trying to get one that will take a 350 lb man, well, that's something else! I am a little bit leery of spending any extra money right now... we just had some layoffs at my company on Friday - so all major purchases are on hold for the moment. Everyone seems to think that the first ones are just that - the first with more to follow. DH has to do the bills and see if we have any money in savings. I certainly won't be taking on a payment for anything... so if I can't pay cash, I ain't getting it... *sigh*

Dianne - I am thinking good thoughts for you and for your MIL. Hope the other family can help. Hugs!!

Well, it is far too late for me to still be up. I Love you guys. I'll check in again tomorrow night.

Hugs!!

Good Morning Y'all!

Monday morning and back to work! Why does the weekends go by so fast? I think it is because we have so much to do on the weekend to catch up from not getting it done all week long. Oh well, life goes on!:)

Darcy - You are doing so good with your exercising! I'm proud of you!

I have done some, but just haven't kept track of it. I think I will just do them when I can and not worry about the keeping track of it.

Beanie - Glad you got a break and made it to NJ. Yeah, I had to go back because it was about $40 worth of stuff! If it was only a couple of things I woudl have just forgotten it. What he did was sit half my stuff on the floor while he was checking out, so when I double checked the spindle, they weren't there to see. I sure noticed when I got home though!

Patty - I am glad things are looking better for you! Never give up, I am a true believer that where there's a will, there's a way!

Mandy - Glad to hear things went so well for you!

Cindy - Cookies everywhere! They are selling them at work too, and they had a group of gals at Sam's.

Eileen - I wore one on my shoe, tied in my laces for a while. I thought it would make me want to walk more seeing the numbers, but it just didn't work for me. I just got tired of messing with it after a while. It might work for you that way though. I think I do better when I sneak up on exercise, just say ok now it the time! :D :D :D

Mary - I can't believe they haven't taken his DL yet! Usually after so many accidents they do! How is he getting insurance?

Cassie - Whoooo Hooooo girl, you are doing great!

Sherry - Please be careful with the reflux! If you keep doing it, you need to get a little unfill! Don't wait, it will cause some damage if you do. :o

Kat - Wow! That would have scared me to death! You must be one tough lady! Your tubing sounds like fun, I haven't done that for so long!

Pat - You have been awol for too long! Get your tiny Buns back here!

Dianne - Hang in there hun, we are all thinking about you and your family.

Anne - How are you and the kids? Are you still sick? Hope you get well soon and do some things before you have to start working again.

I hope I didn't miss anyone! Gotta get off here and fix my lunch and get dressed. Catch you all later! Have a great day!

Morning all...

Betty... notta problem... it's really not meant to make exercise more of a pain in the tushy... if it doesn't make ya wanna do it more often...then it isn't the right thing to do. :o

Irene... You really get around girl....hehehe. Iffin you don't have huge romantic plans I hope you have some wee ones. :) Happy Birthday... Happy not in Texas with the crappy weather and Happy in NJ knowing you only have a 3 day work week!

Well... I took my measurements this morning because week three of back on the band wagon and I am already having a week without weight-loss. If I would have measured at least I could be looking at a loss of inches! Oh well... next week! I think I am just in an all fired up hurry to get back down to at least what my signature says...lol.

ANyhoo... I did the ole dye job on the hair this morning to get rid of my VERY gray roots and am dressed and ready to rock and roll out of the door to go visit my sister. Hope everyone has a great day!

G'Morning :D

I can't play, you know who is here :)

Beanie, thats a great idea wearing that thing on my ankle...I gotta try it.

Darcy I did get in another mile yesterday and I will try again tonight :D Yell at me if I don't LOL

Hi Betty, Dianne, Kat and the rest of you beautiful ladies... TTYL

:o

Good Morning,

Kat ~ OMG how scary. I hope you and Rick are bouncing back from that episode. How does you knee feel this morning?? Hope it is ok.. You know the tubing sounded fun. I found out that my other sister got a job up in Winter Park and works at a place that you go tubing. I would say I would take the boys up but it is just way to cold for me... BRRR

Irene ~ Layoffs are always scary... Right Now in our area of Grly there are alot of compaines laying off.. Scary and Sad

Have ton's of fun in NJ and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY cause knowing me I will be late..

Patty ~ Seems you are going down the right path and that there will be no more bumps in the road. I have not graduated the kids to dishwasher yet. I have them learning the ropes of the vacume.

Cindy ~ They got me with those big brown eyes. You don't even want to know how many boxes I ordered. I LOVE Cookies

The plan is to throw them in the freezer as soon as I get them.. Have not thought of what next..

Mandy ~ recieved the package ~ Thank you so much.. How are you doing? Resting and off your foot I hope.. How is Abi??

Darcy ~ I don't even thing we have a Y here. I am going to check into that. I still have not been back to curves. I just enjoy throwing money down the drain. I really need to get into gear and get my booty moving.

Well gots to go.. I know I missed some but am thinking about you..Prayers and hugs ...

Hi ladies!

I took DD to school, then went right to the store to grocery shop (no left behind bags! I made sure!) Made the post office run for the Ebay shipping, and back home. Whew! (I'm just kidding...it's a breeze compared to my old life!)

Beanie, stay warm up there in NJ1 Are you gonna see Eileen?

Darcy, keep after it, and that scale WILL move! If I don't worry about it, it seems like it moves faster...the more I worry about it, the more it sticks. I guess it is like that watched pot my mom always told me about...glad you got your hair color done...I need to to get a haircut now. Then I can do a new avatar!

Mandy, how are you doing? Thinking of you! Your friend's family is on the prayer list at First United Methodist Church of Denton.

Mary, you are so busy, girl! I'm so glad you are getting to post more now, instead of just read! Take care.

Eileen...just saying hi, in case you actually get to read during the day!

Betty, hope your day is a good one...at least there is some sunshine for you today.

Kat...the snow fun sounded great! I am hoping your knee and everything else is okay from that fall. That ice is tricky! I can just see your g-baby throwing a fit because she didn't want to go in...I bet she takes a good nap! You too, okay?

Okay, off to do something that needs to be done...enough of this fun stuff!

Hugs to all, Cindy

Darcy - I am doing it, I just forget to post the stuff when I am done, then I don't remember what and when I did it. So, I'm just gonna do it when I can and forget the keeping track of it. Or if my brain gets better then I'll start tracking it again! :faint:

It's my time for getting the exercising done before DH gets home, after he gets here I'm out of the mood!

later!

Good Gosh...I feel like I've been away for a week there are so many posts lol. I can't keep up with your gals. Was busy busy at work today and have meetings galore tomorrow and Wednesday. Did I tell ya the Beef Barley Soup came out yummy? It's soooo simple to make too:

1.5 pounds stew meat cut into 1'' cubes

1 cup diced onion

1 cup baby carrots cut into 1/2'' pieces

2 celery stalks, diced

1 envelope McCormicks Meatloaf seasoning

4 cans (14 oz each) beef broth

3/4 cup barley

throw it all in a crock pot and cook 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high YUMMMMM

Made oatmeal Cookies too...DH is lovin em. Hmmm trying to decide what to make next weekend lol. I'm liking being domesticated on weekends hahaha. Makes for easy lunches. I think I'm going to try Eileens egg muffin cups thingys this weekend so I'll have Breakfast for the week :)

Hope you all have a great night! Gonna watch my FAVORITE show 24 tonight yahoo

Well, the exercising is done, supper is done and all I have to do now is clean up the mess!:)

Sherry - Your Soup sounds yummy! Next time I am at the store I'm gonna get the stuff to make it. I love soup!

Good Night Ladies!:D

Hey All,

Woo Hoo Miss Betty! Glad you got that exercise while you were still in the mood!

Sherry... That recipe is right up my alley... now that we exercise nearly every week night I have been using my crock pot like crazy! I'm having a hard time adjusting to our new way of life... this would be a lot easy if I was Oprah and could just have my personal trainer come by on my schedule...lol.

Well... Did 2.25 on the trusty YMCA treadmill. They also introduced us to the exercise balls... fun! My MP3 player arrived so we are trying to figure that out... I am a freak for any type of music so it will be a bit like dangling a carrot in front of a horse. :)

Gotta go... hubby needs to MP3ize something or other.... lol.